Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: This is the best pre season business we’ve done in years

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:06 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:It’s all about opinions and each and everyone of us is entitled to one.

Looking at the majority of the other clubs there has been little movement of players since the window opened. Some clubs have spent big but that doesn’t guarantee success.

We’ve moved quickly IMO to bring a few in and I’m sure a few more will come. However to start slagging off players is a bit short sighted and unfair.

I still think we are a top 6 side and will finish in and around it. As long as the players give their all in matches I’ll be happy.

I really don’t understand supporters moaning about players because it gets us nowhere.

I for one am looking forward to the season starting and seeing where it leads us.

compared to previous seasons the squad is too thin and lacks any depth of experience and quality at this level... 2 or 3 additions would go a long way to improving that... not sure people have been slagging players off... its just frustration that Collins apart those who have been brought in would be seen as no more than punts in most windows... having said that... its not impossible to have a decent season as there are other clubs out there in a worse financial shape than we are also off loading and bringing in gambles...fingers crossed....

Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:47 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:It’s all about opinions and each and everyone of us is entitled to one.

Looking at the majority of the other clubs there has been little movement of players since the window opened. Some clubs have spent big but that doesn’t guarantee success.

We’ve moved quickly IMO to bring a few in and I’m sure a few more will come. However to start slagging off players is a bit short sighted and unfair.

I still think we are a top 6 side and will finish in and around it. As long as the players give their all in matches I’ll be happy.

I really don’t understand supporters moaning about players because it gets us nowhere.

I for one am looking forward to the season starting and seeing where it leads us.

I read every single one of your short paragraphs and agree with them all. Like you I'm looking forward to the start of the season and like you I believe that MM will bring in a couple more players. Probably loans from premier league teams once they've decided who they need and who they don't.

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:50 pm

moonboots wrote:

I read every single one of your short paragraphs and agree with them all. Like you I'm looking forward to the start of the season and like you I believe that MM will bring in a couple more players. Probably loans from premier league teams once they've decided who they need and who they don't.

My thoughts too Moonboots

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:15 am

Considering our budget appears to have been £0 it is an excellent summers business with that in mind. We have also managed to reduce payroll with the players who have left, of which of those the only one who will be missed is Harry Wilson and we were never going to manage to keep him (special mention to Hoilett as although we had stopped playing him and I feel his levels had dropped he was a special player for us 2016-2019).

Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:43 pm

mjw6150 wrote:Considering our budget appears to have been £0 it is an excellent summers business with that in mind. We have also managed to reduce payroll with the players who have left, of which of those the only one who will be missed is Harry Wilson and we were never going to manage to keep him (special mention to Hoilett as although we had stopped playing him and I feel his levels had dropped he was a special player for us 2016-2019).

Bennett was missed last year when injured and think he will be this year.

Works perfectly in our wing back formation.