" Harry Wilson set to sign for "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Harry Wilson set to sign for "

Postby Crayfish » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:44 am

Like Wilson and would ne happy if we had signed him. Not sure if he is worth £12 million in today's market though. He is good possibly very good by championship standards but rather ordinary by premier league standards certainly more a Burnley player than a Liverpool player. Don't think we used him very well as we didn't really know where to play him. Derby seemed to get the best out of him using him more as an out and out striker tattered than as a winger.

I can see Fulham and WBA taking the top two spots and the rest of the teams playing for the playoffs.
Crayfish

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Monmouth » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:48 am

We do seem to have gone a long way from the Harry Wilson topic
I wonder how that happened ???
Monmouth

Postby Monmouth » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:51 am

We do seem to have gone a long way off the Harry Wilson topic
How did that happen ??????
Monmouth

Postby Sven » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:09 am

Monmouth wrote:Thank you Sven for that contribution, when I say newbie I’ve been on here a while but haven’t posted that much mainly because most of the points I would contribute have already been stated and to be fair probably better than I could.
When I have posted in the past it’s been stated by a few that my posts are irrelevant because of the lack of posts I’ve put on here so ......

So you lied about being both a (relative) newbie and about what others said to you? :? :oops:

I've just looked through your previous posts (under this particular name) and cannot see where anyone has told you (quote) "it’s been stated by a few that my posts are irrelevant because of the lack of posts I’ve put on here"

I saw some understandable mockery over couple of posts, including the one where you 'bigged up' Finland before a Wales game and that was deserved

I note you are starting to play silly games as always and you are giving yourself away a little too easy, fella... ;)

PS: Blowing smoke up peoples backsides is a is a figure of speech that you are certainly aware of.... :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Monmouth » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:25 am

Sven
Your inference that I have another name is unfounded.
I have not lied - the term newbie is in relevance and in relation to the amount of posts I’ve actually made,
If I have an opinion on any other team international or otherwise I will express it , if you or anyone else disagree that’s fine - it doesn’t mean I’m wrong. As I said we seem to have gone a long way off topic which was Harry Wilson - I wonder why that’s happened ??
I’m well aware of the expression you have used - I just don’t practice it.
Here’s another one -:
The narcissist measures and judges but will not tolerate being judged
Monmouth

Postby WestCoastBlue » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:31 am

Monmouth wrote:Sven
I have not lied - the term newbie is in relevance and in relation to the amount of posts I’ve actually made,
If I have an opinion on any other team international or otherwise I will express it , if you or anyone else disagree that’s fine - it doesn’t mean I’m wrong. As I said we seem to have gone a long way off topic which was Harry Wilson - I wonder why that’s happened ??
Here’s another one -:

I wouldn’t read into it too much mate. It’s a right of passage for people with under 20k posts to be accused of being (presumably) Roathie :laughing6:
WestCoastBlue

Postby Sven » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:34 am

Here’s another one -:

No inference; your MO is so recognisable, it's embarrassing...! :oops:

Your next name should be 'Last Word Larry' :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:39 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Here’s another one -:

I wouldn’t read into it too much mate. It’s a right of passage for people with under 20k posts to be accused of being (presumably) Roathie :laughing6:

Nothing of the sort. The majority on here are bona fide Bluebirds and contribute as such :thumbup:
Sven

Postby maccydee » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:52 pm

Monmouth wrote:I agree, the money went many moons before the virus, if your blaming the virus you may as well blame Brexit or the blockage of the Suez Canal. It’s irrelevant the money has gone.

Yes this is the first summer we haven’t signed players for cash. Every other transfer window we have.

Plus, transfer window isn’t over yet.

The inference the money has gone isn’t true. The Money was gone when wages weren’t being paid or HMRC weren’t being paid or our captain was being sold for 200k.

Simply hasn’t happened and won’t happen under VT’s watch.
maccydee

Postby Sven » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:02 pm

maccydee wrote:
Monmouth wrote:I agree, the money went many moons before the virus, if your blaming the virus you may as well blame Brexit or the blockage of the Suez Canal. It’s irrelevant the money has gone.

Yes this is the first summer we haven’t signed players for cash. Every other transfer window we have.

The inference the money has gone isn’t true. The Money was gone when wages weren’t being paid or HMRC weren’t being paid or our captain was being sold for 200k.

That's the big benefit of having the owner we do, Neil; even if other financial aspects of the club are being reduced

It's a sign of the times but I don't believe Tan would leave us to sink :thumbup:
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:04 pm

maccydee wrote:

We spent money before pandemic or was our signings like Moore done on pro bona basis? Club like everyone else have had no gate receipts no sponsorship or bare minimum at best so wonder why clubs have got no or barely nothing to spend on players ..... the landscape of football as changed for ever in efl
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:13 pm

maccydee wrote:

Neil , last season we spent less than we brought in, in transfers a fact, so we never spent anything then either.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:39 pm

Wilson flown back from Austria to complete deal etc. Good signing for Fulham

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Neil , last season we spent less than we brought in, in transfers a fact, so we never spent anything then either.

With no gate receipts Annis.

It’s simply a fact that with every other owner we have had for the last 40 years (aside from a couple of years) we have had to sell players to keep operating and that was with season ticket sales and gate receipts. Without those two huge income streams we are bound to lose money and the fact we haven’t had issues paying wages and HMRC is a huge positive.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:

We spent money before pandemic or was our signings like Moore done on pro bona basis? Club like everyone else have had no gate receipts no sponsorship or bare minimum at best so wonder why clubs have got no or barely nothing to spend on players ..... the landscape of football as changed for ever in efl

Exactly. Anyone saying different is being disingenuous.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:43 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

It’s simply a fact that with every other owner we have had for the last 40 years (aside from a couple of years) we have had to sell players to keep operating and that was with season ticket sales and gate receipts. Without those two huge income streams we are bound to lose money and the fact we haven’t had issues paying wages and HMRC is a huge positive.

Neil,

£36mill parachute payments last season.
Plus City gained about £50,000 a home game from tv payments of fans, plus quite a few hundred thousand pounds from sky live
Matches.

Plus our wages once again were reduced .

We also had more money in from same of players than buying.

Merchandise sale and Sponsors.

I reckon £40mill in total came in last season.
Hopefully Big Mick can perform miracles .

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Neil,

Plus City gained about £50,000 a home game from tv payments of fans, plus quite a few hundred thousand pounds from sky live
Matches.

Ah well. What we gonna do?

Enjoy no HMRC cases every year I do.

Fans will be back soon. Gonna be class and Wilson is gonna score about 20 goals for Fulham.

If we had Tony Khan as our owner I wonder what we would moan about then?
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:04 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Neil,

Matches.

Ah well. What we gonna do?

Enjoy no HMRC cases every year I do.

Fans will be back soon. Gonna be class and Wilson is gonna score about 20 goals for Fulham.

If we had Tony Khan as our owner I wonder what we would moan about then?

Tan will now finally gave to put in money and lose it as being so irresponsible over these past 12yrs.

So yes now over to Tan as he has made beyond costly mistakes .

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby WestCoastBlue » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Does that include wages, agents fees, bonuses, all the money spent on “free” transfers and loans, etc?

Also considering all the stick the club (Tan) gets for the debt, shouldn’t the fact the club are trying to better manage our finances?
WestCoastBlue

Postby Sven » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:31 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Does that include wages, agents fees, bonuses, all the money spent on “free” transfers and loans, etc?

Also considering all the stick the club (Tan) gets for the debt, shouldn’t the fact the club are trying to better manage our finances?

The answer to this is yes, as I know where the figures came from. It is clear the club (nee Tan) have taken in considerably more than they have shelled out in the last season

I am one to appreciate Tan's value financially in the current climate but according to one reliable and highly informed source, the club need to be grateful that the current owner is able to keep us afloat this season and even states that we can at best expect to finish mid-table

As much as it disappoints, I am now on the same wave length and not expecting too much of club or manager

I pray it won't be the case but I see a mediocre season ahead and that means unrest amongst the natives :(
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:36 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

12 yrs later they are trying

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby WestCoastBlue » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

11 years* And surely trying now is better than doing nothing? Plenty of clubs in the past 11 years have had serious problems from mismanaged finances which thankfully we’ve not had to deal with yet.
WestCoastBlue

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:24 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

11 years* And surely trying now is better than doing nothing? Plenty of clubs in the past 11 years have had serious problems from mismanaged finances which thankfully we’ve not had to deal with yet.

Ok 11 and a half years :lol:

I think you will find we will be in serious trouble if the pitch this season, just sadly watch this space in 2022 :cry:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Well thats a 1st in ages, where we have brought in more than going out?? Id ssy that was good business for once.
bluesince62

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:52 pm

:sleepy2:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Well thats a 1st in ages, where we have brought in more than going out?? Id ssy that was good business for once.

Not if you don’t go up, cost us.

Sold players to cheap as well

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote::sleepy2:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Who did we sell too cheap?
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:27 pm

maccydee wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Neil, I could write a book we’ve gone through it all this season gone and before etc etc and all debated it.

I will say , only this I am very very worried.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Neil, I could write a book we’ve gone through it all this season gone and before etc etc and all debated it.

I will say , only this I am very very worried.

We will never agree Annis.

You are very anti Tan whatever he does. That’s your right.

Until I see definite things happening to my club I will reserve on slagging him off.

By that I mean us failing to pay HMRC and ending up in court, us selling our best players on the cheap, us having to rely on PFA to pay wages and many other things happening when we were actually skint that I have seen and if I have seen them I know full well you would have.
maccydee

Postby NPCC39 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:42 am

Completely agree with Sven on this one.

Went quiet in far too many games, many sides kept him quiet.

The squad does need more quality, as do mosts, happy in the direction the club is going. Given the youth a chance
NPCC39

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:56 am

FULHAM FC:

The Club is delighted to announce the signings of Harry Wilson and Paulo Gazzaniga.

Wilson signs from Liverpool on a deal worth up to £10million and could see the player remain at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2026.

Gazzaniga joins on a two-year deal, following the expiry of his Tottenham Hotspur contract last month, keeping him with the Club until the summer of 2023.

HARRY WILSON

24-year-old Wilson, a left-footed attacking midfielder, primarily operates on the right wing but has also featured on the opposite flank, as well as centrally.

Born in Wales, he had been with Liverpool for 15 years, with a first taste of senior domestic football coming on loan with League One Crewe Alexandra as an 18-year-old during the 2015/16 season.

A Liverpool debut came the following season, before he exploded onto the scene when he was sent on loan to Hull City for the second half of 2017/18, scoring seven goals in just 11 Championship starts.

His final goals for the Tigers were a brace during a thrilling 5-5 draw at Ashton Gate, in which Joe Bryan and Bobby De Cordova-Reid were also on target for Bristol City.

Wilson was back on loan in the Championship the following season, this time for the duration of the campaign, with Derby County.

It was a fantastic year for both player and club, though they fell just short in the Play-Off Final where they were beaten by Aston Villa, who bounced back from their Wembley defeat by Fulham 12 months earlier.

Wilson scored a phenomenal 18 goals from midfield for the Rams, including a vital penalty in their memorable second leg victory over Leeds United in the Play-Off Semi-Finals.

Fans may also recall a stunning free-kick he netted against Manchester United in a Carabao Cup victory at Old Trafford.

Derby might not have been playing Premier League football the following season, but Wilson was.

His goalscoring exploits prompted AFC Bournemouth to move for his services, with Wilson featuring in 31 of their 38 top-flight fixtures and returning an impressive haul of seven goals.

He matched that tally while back in his homeland on loan with Cardiff City last term, while also registering a career best 12 assists during his season in the Welsh capital.

Wilson actually played for the Wales senior team before any of his club sides, with Chris Coleman giving him a debut in their 1-1 World Cup Qualifier against Belgium in October 2013.

At the age of 16 years and 207 days, it made Wilson the youngest player to ever represent Wales, taking a record that was previously held by Gareth Bale.

It would be several years before he represented his country again, but he marked his first start with a wonderful goal in a victory over China.

Wilson was named in the Wales squad for this summer’s European Championship, featuring in three of their four matches, meaning he now has 29 caps for his country.

Speaking to FFCtv after signing, Wilson said: “I’m delighted to sign for Fulham. From my first chat with the Gaffer on the phone, I loved what he was saying and felt that he understood me as a player, and that played a massive role in me coming here.

“The ambition of the Club to get back into the Premier League appealed to me as that’s where we all want to be. I’m hoping I can come here, have a good season and help get the Club back into the Premier League.”

Forever Blue
Admin

Previous

Return to General Chat