Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Standing at football

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:53 pm

Went to watch Cologne v St Pauli yesterday. The atsmosphere was something else, we were stood next to the away fans (standing is allowed in the Bundesliga) even though they were losing they did´nt shut up for 1 minute.It really makes a difference when your allowed to stand (and take your beer into the ground :D) All grounds here have designated standing areas for home and away fans even the new grounds which were built for the world cup. The health and safety suts should take a look and see that standing can be safely implemented and make for a better atsmosphere.

PS. not sure about the netting though although it does´nt restrict your view.

Re: Standing at football

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:16 pm

standing is so much better - still haven't been to CCS. Scared that it will wreck my last memories of watching Cardiff while standing in Ninian

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:30 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:standing is so much better - still haven't been to CCS. Scared that it will wreck my last memories of watching Cardiff while standing in Ninian

Buy your ticket for the Canton stand.

Not sat down for a match once since start of last season!

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:56 pm

I think it should Def be brought Back :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:10 pm

davids wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:standing is so much better - still haven't been to CCS. Scared that it will wreck my last memories of watching Cardiff while standing in Ninian

Buy your ticket for the Canton stand.

Not sat down for a match once since start of last season!

glad to hear, will try and get there in the next month I reckon