“ It’s now not just wrong / but it’s looking pathetic ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:11 am

And it’s continuing to divide people.

Argentinian referee takes the knee before Scotland's match against Croatia but NO players follow his lead - as England perform the anti-racism gesture against Czechs who stay standing and refuse to take the knee.

Daily Mail

Wednesday 23rd June 2021

The vast majority of the Countries at this years Euros have refused to take the knee.
Scotland refused to take the knee at two of their three games and only took the knee v England after being asked by the English FA.

Many EFL clubs will next season not be taking the knee anymore and Brentford are the first Premier League who will not be taking it.

Fernando Andres Rapallini is the first non-European official in the Euros this year

The Argentinian dropped down on one leg ahead of kick off after he blew whistle

But he was left in the lurch as footballers from national sides remained standing

Meanwhile England team continued their anti-racism gesture before their game

But the opponents remained on their feet during the brief move ahead of kick off

An Argentinian referee has taken the knee ahead of Scotland's clash with Croatia - despite no players following his lead.

Fernando Andres Rapallini, the first non-European official in the Euros, dropped down on one leg ahead of kick off.

But he was left in the lurch as footballers from both national sides remained standing at Hampden Park.

Meanwhile the England team continued their anti-racism gesture before the match against the Czech Republic.

But their opponents remained on their feet during the brief move ahead of kick off at Wembley.
Attachments
877855AE-DA24-4EA2-86E7-39D4C790F7C1.jpeg
877855AE-DA24-4EA2-86E7-39D4C790F7C1.jpeg (27.3 KiB) Viewed 6130 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ It’s now not just wrong / but it’s looking pathetic ‘

Postby WestCoastBlue » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:34 am

I thought this is what people wanted? Players and officials to make their own choices, no?
Clearly UEFA haven't asked the officials to kneel but this ref decided to so so of his own accord.
WestCoastBlue

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:36 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:I thought this is what people wanted? Players and officials to make their own choices, no?
Clearly UEFA haven't asked the officials to kneel but this ref decided to so so of his own accord.

It’s making a divide and has no place in football.

Football is about football not having to see this every match and as you see a divide .
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Pulisnewport » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:I thought this is what people wanted? Players and officials to make their own choices, no?

It’s making a divide and has no place in football.

Football is about football not having to see this every match and as you see a divide .

Careful Annis you might upset the woke brigade on this site hmm........
Pulisnewport

Postby skidemin » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:35 am

what people ? those opposed to this taking the knee have pointed out that its clearly not personal choice....but that is not the same thing as wanting any political gestures.... personal choice or not..
skidemin

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:41 am

Which people is a very good question. Who are they?
rumpo kid

Postby Jock » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:16 pm

The Scottish team were put under pressure from the SNP Government to take the knee v England.
Jock

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:20 pm

Fair play that ref looked like a pathetic wally :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nuclearblue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:05 am

The question is - What is a South American ref doing at the " Euros " - When the Copa America is going on ?? :?
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat