Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can someone explain this please?

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:33 pm

Dithering Boris Johnson?

Right I have had two doses of the vaccine.

I have the certificate and the European App to prove it.

I can now travel anywhere in the EU & Europe with it except UK.

I live in Mallorca with one of the lowest viruses in Europe, one of the safest places in Europe, strictest and still wearing masks.

And willing to have the Covid test before I can fly back to UK.

Balearics has been accepted by UK that we are separate to Mainland Spain and they can’t come here without tests.

But Dithering Boris says No after so many false promises of we will go by how other countries and islands are and when people have had two jabs etc

Yet I would have to have a test before I leave here :thumbright: and then 10 days quarantine and two more tests over those ten days ????

Uk is 10 times worse than Mallorca

Re: Can someone explain this please?

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:59 pm

Yes Annis. The way I see it is when Boris allows you and others from the EU countries to come to the UK, it would be impossible not to reciprocate and to allow us to go to Europe for our hols. Boris does not want us to go to Europe to spend our money on the continent, (much of it given out by the government in furlough payments). We can quite openly holiday in the UK which is where he wants us to spend our money.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:12 pm

BLUE54 wrote:Yes Annis. The way I see it is when Boris allows you and others from the EU countries to come to the UK, it would be impossible not to reciprocate and to allow us to go to Europe for our hols. Boris does not want us to go to Europe to spend our money on the continent, (much of it given out by the government in furlough payments). We can quite openly holiday in the UK which is where he wants us to spend our money.

So Jack, what your saying is it’s nothing to do with the virus now as people flying direct from Mallorca one of the safest places in Europe, two vaccines, willing to have one test yet not allowed in the Uk under those conditions as promised by Doris as promised by him himself ??

Well the Uk is virtually sold out till the end of September with people having holidays in the Uk and that I welcome. But the UK will be over packed in holiday areas.

Govt was asked by the BBC today why is Mallorca not on the Green list as they pass all the requirements and the Govt declined to reply.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:14 pm

In 2 words Annis, mainly yes.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:18 pm

BLUE54 wrote:In 2 words Annis, mainly yes.

So yet again Jack more bullshit and lies by Doris and also he should look at himself on why the UK did so badly during the Virus .

It was ok to let thousands of Chinese and Indian flights in for months with no restrictions at all where the viruses originated from.

I just wish their was a decent opposition to oppose the clown.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:34 pm

I think what people will come to realise is this. Those who do not want anyone to go abroad will say "holiday in the uk there are hundreds of beautiful places". Of course they are correct, BUT people can wear rose tinted glasses and when they used to holiday in the uk, years ago, and before prices allowed us to holiday to the continent (RYANAIR, EASY JET etc.) and further afield, traffic was less, car parking was mainly free or at a realistic cost and usually plentiful. Our island was not as vastly populated (hence the current massive house building projects all over Britain). I think they will now find it vastly different. Maybe people will have to "put up" if you like with "staycations" if you want to call it that, but I think as soon as we are allowed to travel, Britain will be half empty for the summer next year. Unfortunately all the nice beachy places people would like to visit, West Wales, Cornwall, the South coast etc., and although the main roads to get there are now pretty good, I'm afraid, when they eventually get there, the places themselves are still the same size and will be absolutely packed. People will only put up with that once, especially the ones who regularly holiday abroad.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:40 pm

If Boris has said this is right it must be true. After all, he has a great deal of experience with this sort of thing. For example, from the outset, the UK didn't waste money testing people when they came into the country as we would need it later to support the health service. When the Kent variant was discovered and found to spread much more quickly he didn't waste any effort in trying to contain it in the South East, but let people travel right across the UK at Christmas so that we could all share it. Then when the Indian variant was discovered and found to be even more contagious he left the border open for 2 weeks so that we could make sure that we were able to our share of it. So how can you possibly question someone with so much experience?

Did you really expect anything logical from him?

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:47 pm

He should have done what Australia did close the country to all people even and even their own citizens from returning right from the beginning? Simple really

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:04 pm

What worries me about the situation we are in now is the amount of cases we are getting at an alarmingly increasing rate. Yes of course the vaccine is doing an amazing job and one thing the government can be congratulated for is the procurement and distribution of the vaccine. BUT that's about all they can be congratulated for. At the moment the cases are rising, but it does not seem to be translating seriously into hospitalisations or worse. BUT we were in the same situation last autumn, for a while, but we all know how that turned out after. Yes the the vaccine will have a massive effect in preventing many people from getting seriously ill, but again the people who seem to be getting the DELTA variant are tending not to have had the jab, for whatever reason. I'm not sure how this will translate into how severe the cases will eventually turn. The vaccination seems to be a great barrier, BUT it can only protect people if they are vaccinated. I worry that the cases are going to spiral out of control again and we will end up once more in severe restrictions. We are still something like 10 million away from 1st jab & 20 million away from the 2nd. That's still a lot of people away from protection.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:27 pm

You’ve just answered the question. Delay 4 weeks will enable the 10 million jabs.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:He should have done what Australia did close the country to all people even and even their own citizens from returning right from the beginning? Simple really

:thumbup:

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:04 am

rumpo kid wrote:You’ve just answered the question. Delay 4 weeks will enable the 10 million jabs.

And give time for some new "variant of concern" to emerge which will justify further restrictions on liberty and freedom.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:
BLUE54 wrote:Yes Annis. The way I see it is when Boris allows you and others from the EU countries to come to the UK, it would be impossible not to reciprocate and to allow us to go to Europe for our hols. Boris does not want us to go to Europe to spend our money on the continent, (much of it given out by the government in furlough payments). We can quite openly holiday in the UK which is where he wants us to spend our money.

So Jack, what your saying is it’s nothing to do with the virus now as people flying direct from Mallorca one of the safest places in Europe, two vaccines, willing to have one test yet not allowed in the Uk under those conditions as promised by Doris as promised by him himself ??

Well the Uk is virtually sold out till the end of September with people having holidays in the Uk and that I welcome. But the UK will be over packed in holiday areas.

Govt was asked by the BBC today why is Mallorca not on the Green list as they pass all the requirements and the Govt declined to reply.

Jack, I know your spot on and it’s all about the money not the virus now.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:44 am

I might be wrong , ain't travel restrictions etc down to the Welsh government in Wales ,so if the Welsh government want to allow people from countries in that England don't they can .

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:32 am

I can feel your frustration Heard on news this morning that they are considering allowing people with 2 vaccines to not have to quarantine coming back from amber listed countries . If i was on the island i would not want Brits coming over with our current rate
I as
l also think UK are not totally confident on how Spain is recording deaths from covid It does have one of the highest excess deaths in Europe but i would be happy to visit the islands as they seem to have it under control but are being lumped in with the rest of mainland Spain I went to Galica last October and the people seemed a lot more careful with their approach than large % of uk population especially teenagers and young adults

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:41 am

Abergavenny wrote:I can feel your frustration Heard on news this morning that they are considering allowing people with 2 vaccines to not have to quarantine coming back from amber listed countries . If i was on the island i would not want Brits coming over with our current rate
I as
l also think UK are not totally confident on how Spain is recording deaths from covid It does have one of the highest excess deaths in Europe but i would be happy to visit the islands as they seem to have it under control but are being lumped in with the rest of mainland Spain I went to Galica last October and the people seemed a lot more careful with their approach than large % of uk population especially teenagers and young adults

I am not on about Spain, I am on about Mallorca and we have our own government and all our hospitals are 99% empty and the readings are correct.

Spain is totally different and UK Govt have accepted we are separate :thumbright:

We won’t let mainland Spain in without tests.

My frustration is we have done everything Boris has asked and are way way way safer than UK and I need to come back for a few days.

Not on about holidays.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:44 am

pembroke allan wrote:He should have done what Australia did close the country to all people even and even their own citizens from returning right from the beginning? Simple really

Allan, Mallorca did that and it worked :thumbright: :thumbright:

We were the strictest place in Europe :thumbright: :thumbright:

Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:48 am

Fair enough ,but can't Welsh government make there own decision on travel to and from Mallorca,they don't have to follow England

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:17 pm

Its all nonsence annis, get your jabs yet you need more fuckers and tests to go anywhere which costs YOU money.

Vaccine manufacturers are not responsible for there products, them who inject you with it are not either nore are the paid liars telling you to get the through your Tv screens 27/7. But if you dont get them done your classed as irresponsible :roll:

No bullshit lockdowns & restrictions = No pandemic. Then theres no emergency status so it must be lifted then meaning they would have to withdraw the vaccines as after all its untested for years on end and that type of medication can only be issued during an emergency status. Which would cost silly billions in end to the pharmaceutical companies who have major shareholders and owners within as the same tv news and online media channels we all watch funny enough. Its one vicious circle in my opinion for £££. If people think there wont be another add on for lockdown Again or another variant ONE AFTER ANOTHER there living in another world.

We had 67,000 watching football in the ground on the tv the other day but dont travel there as its rife overseas we are told. There was not a f*cking mask in sight or any 2m distance going on in the seats. Total bollocks.

The world clown leaders had a big meeting in cornwall the other day did anyone see the pictures and videos for the news with masks and distancing going on for the tv stations to push out there. Then hours later some leaked pics got out and there all at some cocktail party standing on each others toes without masks on sipping cocktails in groups.

12,000 people at a horse racing event this week yet 50 to a wedding, which one brings more money in for the governments coffers. its not hard to work out whats going on for me.

Following nothing me or will i be injecting whatever it is in to me just for the crack but each to there own.

As the saying goes the rich get rich and the poor get poorer under a dictatorship when the population have become so warped with what there told on the tv even if its not the truth they are afraid to question it as its become the normal way of thinking :lol:

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:47 pm

Why are they trying to sort out vaccine passports then? I’ve ordered mine do with a bit of luck I’ll be able to go to an Amber country without any restrictions as I’ve had 2 jabs.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dithering Boris Johnson?

Right I have had two doses of the vaccine.

I have the certificate and the European App to prove it.

I can now travel anywhere in the EU & Europe with it except UK.

I live in Mallorca with one of the lowest viruses in Europe, one of the safest places in Europe, strictest and still wearing masks.

And willing to have the Covid test before I can fly back to UK.

Balearics has been accepted by UK that we are separate to Mainland Spain and they can’t come here without tests.

But Dithering Boris says No after so many false promises of we will go by how other countries and islands are and when people have had two jabs etc

Yet I would have to have a test before I leave here :thumbright: and then 10 days quarantine and two more tests over those ten days ????

Uk is 10 times worse than Mallorca

How about flying to malaga from Majorca then train or car to Gibraltar then fly back from there and f**k Boris

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:46 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Its all nonsence annis, get your jabs yet you need more fuckers and tests to go anywhere which costs YOU money.

Vaccine manufacturers are not responsible for there products, them who inject you with it are not either nore are the paid liars telling you to get the through your Tv screens 27/7. But if you dont get them done your classed as irresponsible :roll:

No bullshit lockdowns & restrictions = No pandemic. Then theres no emergency status so it must be lifted then meaning they would have to withdraw the vaccines as after all its untested for years on end and that type of medication can only be issued during an emergency status. Which would cost silly billions in end to the pharmaceutical companies who have major shareholders and owners within as the same tv news and online media channels we all watch funny enough. Its one vicious circle in my opinion for £££. If people think there wont be another add on for lockdown Again or another variant ONE AFTER ANOTHER there living in another world.

We had 67,000 watching football in the ground on the tv the other day but dont travel there as its rife overseas we are told. There was not a f*cking mask in sight or any 2m distance going on in the seats. Total bollocks.

The world clown leaders had a big meeting in cornwall the other day did anyone see the pictures and videos for the news with masks and distancing going on for the tv stations to push out there. Then hours later some leaked pics got out and there all at some cocktail party standing on each others toes without masks on sipping cocktails in groups.

12,000 people at a horse racing event this week yet 50 to a wedding, which one brings more money in for the governments coffers. its not hard to work out whats going on for me.

Following nothing me or will i be injecting whatever it is in to me just for the crack but each to there own.

As the saying goes the rich get rich and the poor get poorer under a dictatorship when the population have become so warped with what there told on the tv even if its not the truth they are afraid to question it as its become the normal way of thinking :lol:

------------

1977, absolutely spot on!

Testing is the virus. No (misleading )tests, no masks =no pandemic, no emergency. No vaccines. No excuse for Digital ID and cover for the 'Great Reset' as outlined in previous posts.

Opening -up happening in Texas and happened in Florida which is now totally so. As '77 says look at those crowds in the Euros. Google the crowds at the INDY 500 last month.

Lockdowns will continue- Trudeau said into 2023 - and getting around isn't going to be any easier.

How many of you thought your 'jab' would get us back to normal this summer?

Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:14 am

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:Its all nonsence annis, get your jabs yet you need more fuckers and tests to go anywhere which costs YOU money.

------------

1977, absolutely spot on!

Testing is the virus. No (misleading )tests, no masks =no pandemic, no emergency. No vaccines. No excuse for Digital ID and cover for the 'Great Reset' as outlined in previous posts.

Opening -up happening in Texas and happened in Florida which is now totally so. As '77 says look at those crowds in the Euros. Google the crowds at the INDY 500 last month.

Lockdowns will continue- Trudeau said into 2023 - and getting around isn't going to be any easier.

How many of you thought your 'jab' would get us back to normal this summer?

Sadly I don't expect most of the mind warped by there tv screens to grasp any of it even if it's right there infront of there face with facts.

If the news channels said there's a 97% chance you would not shit your pants yet you have to wear a nappy just incase ( like the covid just incase) the goons would be falling over themselves to buy pampers in bulk :lol:

One pub said how it is on there notice board this week about that world leaders meeting yet the news refuse to ask anything about it to the same people preaching this bullshit to the mass sheep. Human kind is doomed. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:31 am

Ian,

Your right we are being dictated to as they get richer.
So much as as you say does not make sense.
They have through all this now managed to get us all under control.

Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Ian,

The media is how it's been done that's the bottom line. There's people I know in other country's like yourself who say f**k all going on over there yet we told on the same tv channels different to what I'm told. It's all mental.

Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:17 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ian,

The media is how it's been done that's the bottom line. There's people I know in other country's like yourself who say f**k all going on over there yet we told on the same tv channels different to what I'm told. It's all mental.

Correct Ian, I know exactly how it is in Mallorca but the UK Govt and UK media continue to spread lies.

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:15 pm

Annis I can remeber a time not so long ago when you were pretty pro Boris/Tory. Amongst many other working class brits in the UK they had your pants down.