Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Harry Wilson Admits

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:11 pm

Harry Wilson admits his omission from Wales' starting line-up against Switzerland on Saturday was difficult to take.

The Liverpool attacker had been one of the pluses of Wales' experimentation with a false nine prior to the Euros.

However, he failed to get off the bench for the 1-1 draw with the Swiss, despite ending the season strongly at club level with Cardiff City.

And Wilson admits he's itching to be given the chance to shine in Wales' second group stage match against Turkey in Baku on Wednesday.

HARRY WILSON:

"I was massively disappointed not to start," said the 24-year-old.

"I certainly want to play every game. I felt I was in a good position, I finished the season well at club level, I feel the last few games for Wales I've played well and done a good job in the position I've been asked to play.

"We're a squad. Every player in this 26-man squad is going to play a role and when you're not playing, it's up to you to support the starting XI.

"When you are playing, it's up to you to make an impact on the pitch.

"I'll be ready if I'm needed for the game on Wednesday but the lads who played the other day, I thought did a really good job in what was a difficult game."

Re: Harry Wilson Admits

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:18 am

I’m disappointed with Harry Wilson’s and neco Williams lack of involvement so far hope to see them get game time