Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GERRARD OR HUDSON ?

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:20 pm

iv always preferd gerrard to be honest but going on the form hudson is in and the extra pounds gerrard has put on im starting to think maybe DJ has made right choice ??? what do you think ?

Re: GERRARD OR HUDSON ?

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Based on yesterday. Hudson.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:21 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:Based on yesterday. Hudson.

Based on yesterday Hudson, but prior to that it would of been Gerrard.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Hudson

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:26 pm

i agree on hudson but its early days yet ! im gutted we loaned gerrard out hes a good centre back (when hes in shape) and good back up ! why are we siging injury prone riggot when we got gerrard ???

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:29 pm

If both players were at their best it would have to be Gerrard

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:32 pm

Hudson every day of the week. Gerrard is league one at best.His distribution is awful.Glad we loaned him out. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:34 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Hudson every day of the week. Gerrard is league one at best.His distribution is awful.Glad we loaned him out. :ayatollah:

Hudson, Fatty's a Hull player for now :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:40 pm

gerrard.
hudson is shit and costs us goals.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:40 pm

I wish people wouldnt boo hudson.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:42 pm

To be fair I think Hudson is improving, but for me Gerrard and Blake were class at the back

Karl wrote:I wish people wouldnt boo hudson.

i wish jones wouldn't buy shit cb's :lol:

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:49 pm

iv never heard anyone boo hudson ! iv heard the odd comment but we would get that about whitts a couple of years back, i always used to call whitts lazy etc. but he proved me wrong !!!

people seem divided on hudson or gerrard, i feel we should of kept gerrard as back up ! the fact hull put him straight in the starting eleven shows how much they value him

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:50 pm

ristey1927 wrote:iv always preferd gerrard to be honest but going on the form hudson is in and the extra pounds gerrard has put on im starting to think maybe DJ has made right choice ??? what do you think ?

Hudson. since I saw enough games to assess them and ever since.

He's not perfect by a long chalk, but still better than Gerrard.

Long term though if Gerrard can sort a few things out he could become a better player. Positioning, over-committing, fitness, temperament. Scrapping and badge kissing might be great for the fans, but in the long-run its those things I've mentioned which will determine whether he succeeds or spends his life in the lower leagues.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:52 pm

Lawnmower wrote: Long term though if Gerrard can sort a few things out he could become a better player. Positioning, over-committing, fitness, temperament. Scrapping and badge kissing might be great for the fans, but in the long-run its those things I've mentioned which will determine whether he succeeds or spends his life in the lower leagues.

i totally agree !

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:53 pm

jamccfc wrote:

i wish jones wouldn't buy shit cb's :lol:

Havent seen anything better playing for any f our opponents so far this season.

Williams, Hobbs or Mills would be great, but we haven't got £3m to spare. Can't think of many others who would be much of an improvement.

In fact I beleive we were interested in Mills before he went to reading, but couldn't afford him.

Willimas was also being tracked before he went to the Jacks, but we already had Johnson, Purse and Loovens.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:10 pm

Way i look at it we are stuck with Hudson no matter what he is Jones's choice - I dont hate him i just dislike watching him play

Gerrard has potential he has just lost his way - he wont ever play Premier footie he has passion but yesterday he looked hefty! Hope his loan spell is the kick up tthe arse he bloody needs!

I used to think Whitts was "lazy" but i just think its his nature to be relaaaaaaaaxed lol

Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:49 pm

fat or not, Gerrard is still better than Hudson. Hudson has had a good start to this season but it aint enough for me to change my mind about him just yet

Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Gerrard looks a mess, Hudson for me.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Lets be frank!

We dont really rate Hudson do we.

He's been set a big challenge this season. Jones has shown a lot of
faith in him (albeit not by choice perhaps)

So far he's stepped up to the plate and has been GOOD. Not average, not hit and miss.
He's played WELL.

Time to get behind him now methinks fellers!!

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:08 pm

I think that with oli playin in front of Hudson it's makin him a better player I think oli is taking a lot of pressure off of Hudson anybody agree with this

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:10 pm

Oli and the fact we have 3cms in front of him.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:16 pm

Born2bblue wrote:I think that with oli playin in front of Hudson it's makin him a better player I think oli is taking a lot of pressure off of Hudson anybody agree with this

Undoubtedly.

Olifinjani AND H20 are breaking up a lot of midfield runs. At the very least they are both
always there or thereabouts and extra bodies = less space for oppositions to attack!

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:35 pm

dary blake went on loan to plymouth and came back a much better player, i think gerrard will get fit and be awsome when he comes back :ayatollah:

hudson has been playing really well fair play to him !

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Born2bblue wrote:I think that with oli playin in front of Hudson it's makin him a better player I think oli is taking a lot of pressure off of Hudson anybody agree with this

Absolutely.

Last season our centre halfs (all 3 - maybe not blake) looked very insecure when midfielders were breaking and running at them. It happened too often, Oli and to a certain extent - albeit further upfield - Drinkwater are stopping this at source.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:27 pm

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:31 am

As much as I like gerrard as a bloke he's not good enough for us and made just as many if not more mistakes than Hudson last season, Hudson is a good player and has been made an unfair scapegoat, although at times he did look dodgy last season it was more to do with settling in. He's been part of a defence that hasn't conceded in 270minutes of football and was part of a defence that finished 4th last season. My only criticsm of him is he can be let down by his lack of pace