Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff city fc - No place for WRU shirts

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:14 pm

ccfc grange end wrote:The blue burger van outside the the the Ninian Park PUB one guy had a stone island top on and the other a city top on he was doing well. Must be competition for Uncle Ted's round the front.

f**k that i got food poisoning from a burger van outside the Ninian. Never again :o :o

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:18 pm

does anyone remember coming back from bristol rovers by train (early 90's) and it kicking off with mouthy welsh rugby fans at central station. the big hard rugby boys didn't hang around very long

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:24 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
Nathan Walker wrote:I can understand that you may not like people who have done whatever. But if Wales won the biggest cup in World rugby, You would not be proud that boys from the same part of the world as you has achieved something spectacular? :ayatollah:

Tell me this. If these egg chasers are soooo proud to be welsh, where are they when Wales play football or rugby league? Do they know who Nicole Cooke, David Davies or Jamie Baulch are? Doubt it very much. All hypocrites. They only "enjoy" rugby because it means they can go out, get drunk, fight each other, piss on the street and shag down allys knowing fine well they'll get away with it.

Yet football fans are hooligans :roll:

Because they like their sport as we like ours. I am not saying go and watch it. If you do not like it fair enough but to put a childish vendetta against a few rugby fans before pride of Wales is shocking.
It is quite laughable that the interpretation of Rugby fans in Wales especially is sooooo narrow minded. You said "they can go out, get drunk, fight each other, piss on the street and shag down allys". Now, Up and down the country every Saturday Football fans behave like this?. I bet if you asked most people in Wales who follow ANY sport they would know those athletes. Just because they like Rugby doesnt mean they are oblivious to other sports.
Do you not think some City fans go to the game to have a time with their mates, Have a drink and watch the sport and team they like?.
My family enjoy Rugby very much and do say they are all hypocrites and they only enjoy rugby for several reasons is very strange and quite stupid really. As my Family and family friends etc go and Watch Rugby week in week out. Not for the shagging in alleys or Drinking just they love the sport. Just as we love ours.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:30 pm

nathan the majority of welsh rugby "fans" who go out international day do not watch their loacl rugby teams and havn't got a clue of the rules of the game just have a look around the pubs and ask people on international day . its just a piss up

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Ahh the age old "Its just a piss up" Debate.
Most Region games are on a friday night. Now if it was all for the piss up as you say wouldn't they go for the friday night? . Surely Friday night would be a perfect day for the piss up. But they do not which shits on your theory mate. As I have said in a previous post last week sometime, The average attendances for Rugby last year was Double Football.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:36 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:
Nathan Walker wrote:I can understand that you may not like people who have done whatever. But if Wales won the biggest cup in World rugby, You would not be proud that boys from the same part of the world as you has achieved something spectacular? :ayatollah:

Tell me this. If these egg chasers are soooo proud to be welsh, where are they when Wales play football or rugby league? Do they know who Nicole Cooke, David Davies or Jamie Baulch are? Doubt it very much. All hypocrites. They only "enjoy" rugby because it means they can go out, get drunk, fight each other, piss on the street and shag down allys knowing fine well they'll get away with it.

Because they like their sport as we like ours. I am not saying go and watch it. If you do not like it fair enough but to put a childish vendetta against a few rugby fans before pride of Wales is shocking.
It is quite laughable that the interpretation of Rugby fans in Wales especially is sooooo narrow minded. You said "they can go out, get drunk, fight each other, piss on the street and shag down allys". Now, Up and down the country every Saturday Football fans behave like this?. I bet if you asked most people in Wales who follow ANY sport they would know those athletes. Just because they like Rugby doesnt mean they are oblivious to other sports.
Do you not think some City fans go to the game to have a time with their mates, Have a drink and watch the sport and team they like?.
My family enjoy Rugby very much and do say they are all hypocrites and they only enjoy rugby for several reasons is very strange and quite stupid really. As my Family and family friends etc go and Watch Rugby week in week out. Not for the shagging in alleys or Drinking just they love the sport. Just as we love ours.

How many of these egg chasers ACTUALLY love this sport though. I hold a lot of respect for REAL rugby fans. But if you look at regional game attendances, it would suggest most eggers arnt in fact real fans. Most of them only come out of the woodwork during 6nations.

Don't know why you felt the need to fetch your family into the argument and insinuate I was personally insulting them :roll:

As I said, if these egg chasers are proud of being Welsh, why don't they attend Wales' football and rugby league games? They seem to claim they are more patriotic than football fans and that's bullshit. Bet WRU wouldn't attract 500 away fans to Montenegro.

I live in Aberdare and I hate my town when Wales play. Makes me embarassed to be Welsh. Have you ever had the misfortune to be watching England v Wales in a pub when there's an English person in there?I have a few times and the eggers attitude towards an English person watching the game is cringeworthy.

When I'm dictator of Wales, egg chasing will be banned and all the hypocritical fans (not the real fans) will be shot. Still have rugby league though, at least that's a sport :lol:

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:38 pm

PhatFrog wrote:

The egg chasers" are watching their country - HOW about asking how many Cardiff fans actually watch Wales play football - because i know of a person on this board have commented saying they dont really care cos they are shit - thats their opinion

You do not know if these rugby fans go week in week out to watch their local team! They enjoy rugby thats their preference!

As for the other sporting personalaties you have named unless you are into their field of athletics/sports then you will find not everyone knos who they are - and are you are aware ofthem due to the Olympuics coverage or because you watch swimming galas and go to the athleticsstadium week in wek out to watch the runners ?

You cannot use that as a valid arguement.

YES in the rugby they do get pissed BUT hey guess what in B block at the ninainAND now where i sit there are blokes pissed up EVERY game! (i dont see the point cos they cant remember the game!)

YES in the rugby they do fight and piss in the street BUT hey guess what they do this at football too

BUT you get this behaviour in town centres around the land weekend in weekend out

SHOCK HORROR - BUT itis not every fan !!! same as in football as in rugby it is the minority!

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:Ahh the age old "Its just a piss up" Debate.
Most Region games are on a friday night. Now if it was all for the piss up as you say wouldn't they go for the friday night? . Surely Friday night would be a perfect day for the piss up. But they do not which shits on your theory mate. As I have said in a previous post last week sometime, The average attendances for Rugby last year was Double Football.

you misunderstand im saying they dont follow the local sides thats why they dont go on a friday night .
international day is the piss up/
everyman and his dog goes out to "support" wales..... in a pub
the wru do get 70'000 most home games but there are only 9 or 10 top international teams in world rugby and wales are one.
if the football team only played the top ten year in year out we would get the big crowds too

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:47 pm

I didnt feel you were insulting my family at all. I brought them in as an example that not all are hypocrites as you said.
You are basing an argument on stuff made up from other people. How can you say "How many people actually like Rugby". How many people Like Football? I will answer that when you find the answer to the football part.
If Cardiff City fans like Wales so much why don't they follow Welsh Rugby? Something Maesteg Blue swears against.
Yes I have watched England vs Wales in a pub. Also I have watched England vs Wales in a pub in Football. I tell you which the England fan felt more under threat. The football one. Welsh football fans absolutely detest English fans. That is shown every home game and away game in England. What I saw in the Rugby game was a laugh throughout the game and banter. Quickly forgotten after the match and all is well. Point proven when fans are apart at football but never at Rugby. I was at Twickenham for the 62-5 defeat to England. The fans were rubbing it in but all was well natured and throughout the night both fans were mixing together. If England beat Wales 5-0 at Wembley there would be murders.
And Embarrassed to be Welsh? Never.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:49 pm

Jez wrote:

You do not know if these rugby fans go week in week out to watch their local team! They enjoy rugby thats their preference!

As for the other sporting personalaties you have named unless you are into their field of athletics/sports then you will find not everyone knos who they are - and are you are aware ofthem due to the Olympuics coverage or because you watch swimming galas and go to the athleticsstadium week in wek out to watch the runners!

Well actually I do know that the majority of eggers don't go and see their team week in week out. Compare the welsh international attendances with the regional attendances. Pretty stark contrast. It therefore suggests that eggers who "follow" :roll: Wales don't watch their local team week in week out. Hardly avid fans of rugby are they?

And no I don't go to track meets galas etc. I just like to keep up to.date with Welsh sport. That's because I'm proud to be Welsh. I hope Wales do great in every sport. Even rugby. I'll stop short of supporting the fatso's though :lol:

But for some reasons, a lot of egg chasers I know think they are more patriotic than me, just because they go to the pub wearing a Wales top during 6 nations

Football is Wales' No.1 sport.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Chalk me up to the who cares crowd. Watch football overtake rugby anyway, when we go up.

It already has TBH, apart from the two months when the six nations are on.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:55 pm

Is this the worst post ever? Telling people what they can and can't wear.
I know a number of people who have started supporting City because they have lost their Home town first class rugby club.

E.G Pontypool.

They have changed codes because out of principle they won't go to Newport Dragons.

I've never worn a Welsh rugby top. I might well start wearing one now.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:56 pm

it would be great if we got to play brazil, england, spain, italy, argentina, france, holland every year we would get full houses every time
rugby is the only sport where a drunk fat blokes get to be sporting heros

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:59 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
Jez wrote:

As for the other sporting personalaties you have named unless you are into their field of athletics/sports then you will find not everyone knos who they are - and are you are aware ofthem due to the Olympuics coverage or because you watch swimming galas and go to the athleticsstadium week in wek out to watch the runners!

Well actually I do know that the majority of eggers don't go and see their team week in week out. Compare the welsh international attendances with the regional attendances. Pretty stark contrast. It therefore suggests that eggers who "follow" :roll: Wales don't watch their local team week in week out. Hardly avid fans of rugby are they?
And no I don't go to track meets galas etc. I just like to keep up to.date with Welsh sport. That's because I'm proud to be Welsh. I hope Wales do great in every sport. Even rugby. I'll stop short of supporting the fatso's though :lol:

But for some reasons, a lot of egg chasers I know think they are more patriotic than me, just because they go to the pub wearing a Wales top during 6 nations

Football is Wales' No.1 sport.

Using my family as an example now my uncle travels from England every international game and has done for 50 years to watch Wales - when he lived in Wales he watched and played week in week out - However he still follows the results of the teams in Wales thru the internet - does that make him not an avid fan!

As for the attendances that is crap because i know there are many people that go there who do not watch the blues or the ospreys BUT actually watrch Penarth or Dinas rugby - those club games will not be in any attendance records as they are small local sides - as do a lot of the south wales and valleys they got local teams to watch where they stand on the sidelineas as they do not have stands or grounds just park rugby. AND they are in the view of getting to watch their country only 3 or 4 times a year - THIS does not mean they are all piss heads and go round beating up their partners or piss in the street

I am glad you like to take notice of lots of sports - BUT not everyone does! that does not make them any less interested in sports they just specify more general one sport.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:01 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:it would be great if we got to play brazil, england, spain, italy, argentina, france, holland every year we would get full houses every time

:lol: :lol: I'll leave you to carry on the good fight Maesteg. Some of us have got work in the morning :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:03 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:it would be great if we got to play brazil, england, spain, italy, argentina, france, holland every year we would get full houses every time

:lol: :lol: I'll leave you to carry on the good fight Maesteg. Some of us have got work in the morning :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ive got to go myself my misses is nagging me to get off the pc.....thats a fight i'l never win :D

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:57 pm

Im sorry i said anything now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Let me tell you all astory as we are talking about eggchasers and their right to be watching City.

When Sam first came to the club we played Coventry in a pre seaosn friendly and all the contractors who had helped refurb Ninian Park were invited down to the ground and given a free meal and tickets for staff,friends etc.

At the end of the night we were in the John Charles suite and having a drink and a chat with Sam. He started talking to one guy and one of the guys in the room said, Don't bother talking to him Sam he's a Jack rugby supporter. Sam went ballistic and starting shouting at the guy who made the comment. The gist of it was that he may well be a jack rugby supporter but that night he was watching Cardiff City, Sam said that if he was going to make City the best team in the world then he needed to convert not just one rugby supporter, but all of them!

Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:50 pm

why do we have to choose between football & rugby? or between Club & Country?

we dont. we can enjoy the lot. im Cardiff daft, doesnt mean i dont support Wales in football or rugby, i like the Cardiff blues rugby team too and im a fan of the cardiff devils ice hockey team. Also the crusaders rugby league team. F*ck, if there was a national tiddlywinks team and they were playing the english id be going daft. its all about respresenting..they are representing Wales and whether you like it or not Wales is bigger than Cardiff, much bigger. FACT.

i get to enjoy the lot & im patriotic to the point of obsession (people close to me will say ive shot straight past that point). Cardiff City FC is and will always be the most important team to me but when it comes to the national teams or anybody representing Wales its completly different. I would never choose between the 2. I only ever choose to support my club & my country with a god damn passion. And if in the majority of your eyes that makes me any less of a fan than you, i couldnt give a flying f*ck. Coz im not gonna change a thing. Caerdydd am byth, Cymru am byth.