Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Updated " Champions League Final at Wembley or Portugal

Tue May 11, 2021 1:28 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Crayfish wrote:If Cardiff were in the championship playoff final I would not be bothered if it was at the Millennium or Old Trafford rather than Wembley As I almost certainly would not get a ticket so I don't really care what big stadium it would be at. If I could get a ticket I would prefer to go to Old Trafford or the Millennium as they would be easier to get to. I rather think fans of Barmsley Bolton and Blackpool would prefer a northern venue anyway.

As for the Champions league it has to be in the UK if its switched from Istanbul switching it to Lisbon just causes hassle for the fans who can get there.

You have to remember that the majority of fans of English clubs always want to see their team play at Wembley. It's a big deal to them.

UEFA want it at Wembley but gvmnt wont make dispensation for UEFA delegates to avoid quarantine so likely to go to Porto unless boris changes mind today.

Tue May 11, 2021 6:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Crayfish wrote:If Cardiff were in the championship playoff final I would not be bothered if it was at the Millennium or Old Trafford rather than Wembley As I almost certainly would not get a ticket so I don't really care what big stadium it would be at. If I could get a ticket I would prefer to go to Old Trafford or the Millennium as they would be easier to get to. I rather think fans of Barmsley Bolton and Blackpool would prefer a northern venue anyway.

As for the Champions league it has to be in the UK if its switched from Istanbul switching it to Lisbon just causes hassle for the fans who can get there.

You have to remember that the majority of fans of English clubs always want to see their team play at Wembley. It's a big deal to them.

UEFA want it at Wembley but gvmnt wont make dispensation for UEFA 2000 delegates to avoid quarantine so likely to go to Porto unless boris changes mind today.

2000 delegates :D

Re: Updated " Champions League Final to be played at Wembley

Tue May 11, 2021 6:36 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:The UEFA Champions League Final will take place at Wembley Stadium instead of on Istanbul, according to multiple media sources.

The game will take place on the evening of Saturday 29th May.

The EFL Championship, League One and League Two play-offs are due to be played that same weekend. They will now either be moved to a different date or a different neutral stadium.

Sensible option, rearrange the playoff games by a few days, evening games would be good, and job done :thumbup:

Thousands of pissed up football fans travelling to Portugal would not be a good idea, plus all the travel passport issues.

Tue May 11, 2021 6:44 pm

stickywicket wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

UEFA want it at Wembley but gvmnt wont make dispensation for UEFA 2000 delegates to avoid quarantine so likely to go to Porto unless boris changes mind today.

2000 delegates :D

It's a big organisation 2k is not full amount that can travel to finals but this is why took millennium stadium so long to host cup final? so many delegates and other things Cardiff didn't have infrastructure to host it until recently..but doesn't matter how many they want to be allowed into uk ..... if boris says they need to isolate by coming here game wont come here...