Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: AFTER BEING OUTPLAYED CARDIFF CITY SAVE WAYNE ROON

Sat May 08, 2021 1:22 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION:

AFTER BEING OUTPLAYED CARDIFF CITY SAVE WAYNE ROONEY FROM RELEGATION & IN A JOB.

Rotherham outplay Cardiff and should of hammered Cardiff but fail in the final minutes.

CARDIFF CITY ENDED THE SEASON 9PTS OFF THE PLAY-OFFS.

CARDIFF CITY FIELDED A VERY STRONG TEAM ONCE AGAIN NOT PLAYING MANY YOUNGSTERS BUT SHOCKING EVERYONE BY INCLUDING SOL BAMBA & LEE TOMLIN ON THE SUBS BENCH.

But Lee Tomlin never player played.

First-half: Absolutely brilliant goal by Rotherham and should have scored at least 3 more by half-time.

Second-half: Rotherham outplay Cardiff and should of hammered Cardiff but fail in the final minutes.

CARDIFF CITY 1 ROTHERHAM UNITED 1 :bluebird: :bluebird:
H-T 0-1

Dillon Phillips
Perry Ng
Curtis Nelson
Marlon Pack
Aden Flint
Ciaron Brown
Joe Ralls
Leandro Bacuna
Rubin Colwill
Harry Wilson
Kieffer Moore

SUBSTITUTES

Alex Smithies
Sol Bamba
Sam Bowen
Kieron Evans
Jonny Williams
Lee Tomlin
Sheyi Ojo
Josh Murphy
Mark Harris

GOAL! Cardiff City 0-1 Rotherham (Wing 8)
Lewis Wing with a screamer!

It was completely against the run of play, that, but wow what a strike. :shock:

But by the end of the first-half it could of been at least 3nil Rotherham.

H-T 0-1

Josh Murphy came on for Kieffer Moore.

Jonny Williams came on for Leandro Bacuna.

Rotherham missed some unbelievable chances.

77th min Sheyi Ojo came on, Harry Wilson off.

GOAL! Cardiff City 1-1 Rotherham (Pack 88) :bluebird: :bluebird:
Goal! Pack!

heartbreak for Rotherham now. Marlon Pack slots it expertly into the bottom corner from the edge of the box.

What a lovely finish!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: AFTER BEING OUTPLAYED CARDIFF CITY SAVE WAYNE

Sat May 08, 2021 1:29 pm

Well we were everyone's favourite second team for a while. Normal service resumes.
Can't argue with Mick's integrity. I don't think Derby would've if it was the other way around. Horrible club. A mysterious 10 minute delay to kick off today!

Second half performance was much better but Rotherham had plenty of chances to be out of sight!

Sat May 08, 2021 1:38 pm

Result:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 08, 2021 1:40 pm

FULL-TIME! Cardiff City 1-1 Rotherham

That's that! Rotherham are relegated!

Sat May 08, 2021 1:40 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Well we were everyone's favourite second team for a while. Normal service resumes.
Can't argue with Mick's integrity. I don't think Derby would've if it was the other way around. Horrible club. A mysterious 10 minute delay to kick off today!

Second half performance was much better but Rotherham had plenty of chances to be out of sight!

Ko at same time lost 6 mins due to derby player running into post 1st half .... lost couple mins starting 2nd half .... at least no snow or be still playing.. :D
But rotherham had more ygan enough chances to win comfortably but failed to take several easy chances
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sat May 08, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 08, 2021 1:42 pm

Rotherham have only themselves to blame. They should have been out of sight.

Sat May 08, 2021 1:45 pm

Results;

Sat May 08, 2021 1:50 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Well we were everyone's favourite second team for a while. Normal service resumes.

There wasn't a mysterious 10 minute delay to kick off.The match finished late as Waghron crash into a post and his treatment took ages that's why the game finished late.

I watched the game to see how Windlass Rhodes and Reach did as they have been linked to us.Not that impressed with Windlass he was ok but nothing special. Rhodes did not do much either though the service to him in the first half was very poor. He did look like one of those players who would not touch the ball for half an hour and then score a goal if he was available free and on not too much money might be ok. The player that did impress me of the three was Reach. Looked like a decent winger who can cross a ball,not sure if he is out of contract at the end of the season but if he was availability cheap would not mind us signing him. Barry Bannen was good again but out of our price range.

Also think Martyn Waghron would be a great number two to Moore but no chance of us signing him as he is not out of contract.

Sat May 08, 2021 2:48 pm

Crayfish wrote:

There wasn't a mysterious 10 minute delay to kick off.The match finished late as Waghron crash into a post and his treatment took ages that's why the game finished late.

I watched the game to see how Windlass Rhodes and Reach did as they have been linked to us.Not that impressed with Windlass he was ok but nothing special. Rhodes did not do much either though the service to him in the first half was very poor. He did look like one of those players who would not touch the ball for half an hour and then score a goal if he was available free and on not too much money might be ok. The player that did impress me of the three was Reach. Looked like a decent winger who can cross a ball,not sure if he is out of contract at the end of the season but if he was availability cheap would not mind us signing him. Barry Bannen was good again but out of our price range.

Also think Martyn Waghron would be a great number two to Moore but no chance of us signing him as he is not out of contract.

To my knowledge Waghorn is out of contract shortly.

Sat May 08, 2021 4:04 pm

An appalling performance by City today.
The lack of ability and the failure to do the basics like passing and control was awful to watch.
If McCarthy thinks Williams will assume the Wilson role next season then heaven help us.
I never want City to lose but would have been ok with doing so today as City didn’t deserve anything from the game and the sting was it unfortunately saved Derby.

Sat May 08, 2021 6:21 pm

Finished / Completed:

:bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat May 08, 2021 6:26 pm

Outplayed by Rotherham.

Sat May 08, 2021 9:31 pm

Bristol City 19th.. :P

We’ve had a decent season considering the NH farago..

Sun May 09, 2021 5:32 am

Probably waiting for the thaw.