Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MICK McCARTHY READY TO SIGN STRIKER FROM LEAGUE ONE CLUB

Thu May 06, 2021 12:33 pm

League one side MK Dons expect to lose 13-goal striker this summer as Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy makes him one of his targets.

Cameron Jerome is likely to leave MK Dons at the end of the season, as per a report by the MK Citizen.

Cameron Jerome will be a free agent and is high on Cardiff City managers list.

Football insider.

Thursday 6th May 2021

Jerome, who is 35 years old this coming August, was the subject of a bid from Cardiff City in the January transfer window, as reported by Wales Online. The report suggests he wanted to go as well.

The veteran has had an impressive past season with MK Dons and has scored 13 goals for the League One side.

Their boss, Russell Martin, has said: “We’d like him to stay but I feel it’s unlikely to be honest. He might end up staying which would be fantastic, but at this stage he wants to be closer to home.

“And he has interest from the Championship especially one of his former clubs Cardiff City, which at his age is good going. He appreciates how well it has gone here and how much he has enjoyed it.”

Jerome parted company with Turkish side Goztepe at the end of last season and was handed an opportunity to return to England by the Dons in October which he has grasped with both hands.

He started his career at Middlesbrough and has gone on to have an impressive career with spells at Birmingham City, Stoke City, Crystal Palace, Cardiff City, Norwich City and Derby County, racking up over 500 career appearances with plenty coming in the Premier League.

The experienced attacker has caught the eye this term and could be rewarded with a move to the Championship again and the Welsh club seem to be where Jerome is heading.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MICK McCARTHY READY TO SIGN STRIKER FROM LEAGUE ONE CLUB

Thu May 06, 2021 12:46 pm

Would be handy, I think. :bluescarf:

Thu May 06, 2021 12:51 pm

He's 35?

:o :o :o :o

I'm going to see if I can find my boots in the garage.

Next season is going to be quite an eye opener I think.

Thu May 06, 2021 12:54 pm

With Jonny Williams, Cameron Jerome we will look like a league one side at best

Thu May 06, 2021 12:54 pm

davids wrote:He's 35?

:o :o :o :o

I'm going to see if I can find my boots in the garage.

Next season is going to be quite an eye opener I think.

Mate, McCarthy will be asking the fans next if they want a trial :lol:

Thu May 06, 2021 1:04 pm

Reply Twitter:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 06, 2021 1:23 pm

We can only hope that this like many stories at this time of year comes via his agent. :lol:

Thu May 06, 2021 1:33 pm

Thought we were trying to lower the players ages...

Thu May 06, 2021 1:34 pm

Judging by his goal scoring record for Militon Keynes he might be useful as a back up for Moore. Would in no way be a first choice but just someone who comes on for Moore when he is tiring. The worry is like Williams he would just block a place for a youngster coming through.

Thu May 06, 2021 1:53 pm

Nothing in it apparently! Wanted him January just as back up.

Got more chance of signing Wyke or Waghorn both on free’s?

Sat May 08, 2021 12:04 am

This would be a quality signing, especially if we can get Cohen Griffiths back to provide pace down the flank and crosses into the box.

Sat May 08, 2021 11:09 am

What does this say about our ambition.
35 year old new signing.
This is not the way forward.