Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' UPDATE ON CCFC NEW HOME KIT PICTURE & EXPLAINED '

Thu May 06, 2021 9:35 am

Cardiff City's leaked 2021/22 kit and the adidas deal explained

The Picture below is virtually the New Home Shirt :bluebird: :bluescarf:

The rumoured strip for next season has been doing the rounds on social media this week

Cardiff City fans were no different, of course, when Footy Headlines released what they claim to be the Bluebirds' home shirt for the 2021/22 campaign over the weekend.

Of course, that supposed leaked strip is clearly a prototype, with the sponsor not yet emblazoned across the front of it.

Next season's rumoured strip, is thought to be pretty close to what the finished article will look like, appears to have reverted back to a darker tone, more aligned with previous seasons.

The 2020/21 home shirt was a brighter shade of blue, however, on evidence of the leaked image, it looks to have returned closer to a navy colour.

The collar is grandad-style while the trademark three adidas stripes, along with the piping around the neck and sleeve cuffs, is a darker shade of navy, as opposed to the traditional white.

If the shirt is what Footy Headlines have suggested, it would be a similar look to the Portland Timbers' 2021 jersey, pictured below, as well as the rumoured Hamburger SV top.

Next season represents the final year of Cardiff City's current deal with adidas, who have been the club's kit manufacturer since 2015, the campaign which saw the home colours return from red to blue.

It is understood the club have already started speaking with adidas as well as five other companies over a deal to become the kit manufacturers for the 2022/23 season onwards.

The unveiling of next season's official Cardiff City kit is set to take place in July.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' UPDATE ON CCFC NEW HOME KIT PICTURE & EXPLAINED '

Thu May 06, 2021 2:22 pm

I hope we stay with Adidas for the long term. Can't fault the quality if the kit, I've always loved the "3 stripes".

Thu May 06, 2021 3:15 pm

https://www.thekitman.co.uk/olympique-l ... rt-leaked/

Be nice if we could have this template with the yellow and white stripes :ayatollah:

Thu May 06, 2021 3:48 pm

Would look good with our proper badge on it.

Thu May 06, 2021 3:54 pm

Ah, so some people did jump the gun in their condemnation of the original OP who had apparently Photoshopped it...

The sound of their contrition is deafening... ;)

Personally, I like it but unlikely to buy out with the sponsors logo on it; looks better without (but I'd say that about 95% of shirts from any club)

Thu May 06, 2021 4:14 pm

mjw6150 wrote:https://www.thekitman.co.uk/olympique-lyon-2021-22-adidas-away-shirt-leaked/

Be nice if we could have this template with the yellow and white stripes :ayatollah:

Yes

Thu May 06, 2021 8:13 pm

Not bad, I like the Adidas kits and also the grandad collar but I'd prefer the collar and sleeve piping to be in white.

Thu May 06, 2021 9:29 pm

Looks great. until you put "Malaysia" on it.

Thu May 06, 2021 10:19 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Looks great. until you put "Malaysia" on it.

Berjaya Malaysia, which is worse... :cry:

Fri May 07, 2021 12:19 am

said it last time
love the way it looks
but i love white and blue
instead of navy blue with blue
love the stripy look as well

i wonder what the shorts will be, since its navy blue on the top it will be the shorts.
shame we will potentially not see bits of white on our home kit...the only thing that white will be the logo.

Fri May 07, 2021 7:52 pm

Sven wrote:

Why?

Not taking an opposite view, just wondered.

Is it just the bland font or are we talking more about the lack of money we get for it?

Fri May 07, 2021 8:16 pm

Fans should have the option of buying without the Sponsors name.. its hardly likely to increase BM profits, and no-one pays any attention to shirt sponsors anyway.

Sat May 08, 2021 7:36 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Sven wrote:

Why?

Not taking an opposite view, just wondered.

Is it just the bland font or are we talking more about the lack of money we get for it?

Both really.

Sat May 08, 2021 7:37 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Fans should have the option of buying without the Sponsors name.. its hardly likely to increase BM profits, and no-one pays any attention to shirt sponsors anyway.

Agree totally