' Josh Windass '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Josh Windass '

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:53 am

Cardiff City linked again with Sheffield Wednesday star in white-hot form

Wednesday 28th April 2021

By Glen Williams

The Bluebirds have been linked with the forward in the past and it looks as though they have registered interest again with the Owls battling relegation

Cardiff City are reportedly interested once again in landing Sheffield Wednesday playmaker Josh Windass.

The Bluebirds are set to lose Harry Wilson at the end of the season, while quite what the future holds for both Jonny Williams, whose contract expires this summer, and Lee Tomlin remains to be seen.

It is thought Mick McCarthy wants to add firepower in attack this summer, with a glut of strikers having been linked with the Bluebirds in recent months.

However, it appears he might well be keen on adding some creativity, too, with Football Insider claiming the Welsh capital city club are interested in Windass, along with Middlesbrough, Stoke City and Ipswich Town.

The Owls are delicately poised at the bottom end of the Championship, sitting in 23rd position, four points adrift of safety with two games left to play and with Rotherham holding two games in hand over their rivals just above them.

Should they drop to the third tier, it is expected that Wednesday could lose a slice of their top players who are keen to still play Championship football and Windass could well fall into that bracket.

The 27-year-old has been linked many times in the past. It was first reported that Neil Warnock was keen on signing him in 2018 while he was at Rangers, before he was the subject of more transfer speculation last January. Of course, the deal never came to fruition.

He made the move to Hillsborough after suffering relegation with Wigan last year and he might be in line to reunite with his old partner Kieffer Moore should the Owls face the drop this year.

His record stands up, too, and he is finishing the season in white-hot form, despite Sheffield Wednesday's fortunes failing to take a dramatic upturn, save that 5-0 demolition of Cardiff City.

Windass has six goals and four assists in his last 13 outings for the Yorkshire club and is firmly putting himself in the shop window ahead of the summer transfer window.

Cardiff will doubtless be looking to mount a more sustained promotion challenge next term and adding a player with a proven goalscoring and assist record will certainly help to that end.

The attacking midfielder is thought to have one more year left on his contract.
Attachments
0_GettyImages-1313514454.jpg
0_GettyImages-1313514454.jpg (62.98 KiB) Viewed 6220 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

' Josh Windass '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Josh Windass '

Postby maccydee » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:08 am

How badly managed have Sheff Wednesday been this year? Some of the players they have and to be where they are.

Bonkers.
maccydee

Postby Crayfish » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:50 am

He is a good player at this level not near premier standard though. Would fit in with the profile of the sort of player MM likes. Hard working grafter who has been around a bit. If we could get him cheap from Wednesday as they have been relegated (and they will be) would not be a bad signing. Probably won't get him cheap though as there will be competit to sign him.
Crayfish

Postby skidemin » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:34 pm

maccydee wrote:How badly managed have Sheff Wednesday been this year? Some of the players they have and to be where they are.

Bonkers.

we get linked with this fella every year but bar 1 half decent season at Rangers he has done very little..
skidemin

Postby billy ronson » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:58 pm

If nothing else it would stop him scoring against us ..... :D
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby ChloeBlue01 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:36 pm

Some players we are just linked to every year, kind of end up hoping we sign them just to stop it.
ChloeBlue01

Postby AfricanBluebird » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:06 am

Josh, again!

Just buy him already.

He would though add a lot of guile and pace to our midfield.
AfricanBluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:56 pm

maccydee wrote:How badly managed have Sheff Wednesday been this year? Some of the players they have and to be where they are.

Bonkers.

Agree and most will be gone at the end of this season .
TopCat CCFC

Postby Jock » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:55 am

skidemin wrote:

Bonkers.

we get linked with this fella every year but bar 1 half decent season at Rangers he has done very little..

He flattered to deceive in the SPL, he’s not what’s needed
Jock

Postby Jock » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:56 am

skidemin wrote:

Bonkers.

Bollox double post :roll:
Jock

Postby JJ1927 » Sun May 02, 2021 3:08 pm

Bonkers.

I agree. Patterson, Bannam, Windass, Reach, Rhodes to name just a few. The may have had 6 points deducted but how on earth have they struggled. Be nice if they beat Derby on Saturday.
JJ1927

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Mon May 03, 2021 4:14 pm

Approached as well apparently
Attachments
Screenshot_20210503_171312_com.instagram.android.jpg
Screenshot_20210503_171312_com.instagram.android.jpg (676.56 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby skidemin » Mon May 03, 2021 4:22 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Approached as well apparently

hmmmm... a regular in their first team, not out of contract with a number of clubs keen ....if we are interested it aint going to be on a free transfer
skidemin

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Mon May 03, 2021 9:57 pm

Completely average player, in my opinion would offer very little to our team if we did sign him
oohahhPaulMillar

Return to General Chat