Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Pitch, a concern?

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:42 pm

Pitched looked fine a couple of weeks ago and now after one blues game it looks like it has acne, blotches and patches all ove the pitch. The more we, the blues and Wales play on it the worse its going to get and not to mention the bad weather we will have over the coming months.

Does anyone know if they bought the lights needed to keep the grass in good condition?

Re: The Pitch, a concern?

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Those patches/blotches have been there since last season, I think they appeared as a result of some sort of bacteria that was killing the grass or something along those lines. Can't remember where I read it mind.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:51 pm

I really didnt notice them last home game. As long as its flat and plays well thats all that matters but we are only a few games in and weather has been pretty good so far.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Pitched looked fine a couple of weeks ago and now after one blues game it looks like it has acne, blotches and patches all ove the pitch. The more we, the blues and Wales play on it the worse its going to get and not to mention the bad weather we will have over the coming months.

Does anyone know if they bought the lights needed to keep the grass in good condition?

We just need the Pakistani cricket team.

Very good at spot fixing they are...

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:05 pm

Definately saw these spots from the Ninian stand when I went in there for the Burton game. Can't really notice them from the family stand.