Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sky Sports: ' Mick McCarthy Thanked '

Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:09 am

SKY SORTS:

SANG SINGES MCCARTHY'S PRAISES AFTER SIGNING NEW CARDIFF DEAL

Tuesday 13th April 2021

Tom Sang thanked Cardiff boss Mick McCarthy for his first-team opportunity after signing a new deal at the Sky Bet Championship club.

Sang a Bolton Academy player later released, then joined Manchester United, found himself not knowing what his future would be and then given his chance by McCarthy after a loan spell at Cheltenham.

Sang 22 years old this June, has impressed at wing-back since he was handed a starting spot last month.

Sang, who spent the first half of the campaign at Cheltenham, told the Bluebirds’ website: “I’ve kept my head down and kept working and I’m absolutely buzzing that I’m here for the next two years, and hopefully even more.

“You’ve got to want it and I want to get better every single day. I’m just delighted that I’ve got a future here to build on.

“As soon as I came back from loan, I knew what my job was and I knew where I was going to be playing if the chance came. It’s a really good environment to be in.

“I want to thank the gaffer for the opportunity and the trust in me.”

Sang’s new deal runs until the summer of 2023.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Sky Sports: ' Mick McCarthy Thanked '

Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:47 am

Sometimes you just gotta throw em in, then its sink or swim. Swum like a salmon. 8-)

Re: Sky Sports: ' Mick McCarthy Thanked '

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:32 am

As Neil ap Diamond might play it...

Sang, Sang Blue(bird)... :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :D :clap: