Exclusive: Cardiff City and Swansea City prepare to lock hor

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:53 pm

Exclusive: Cardiff City and Swansea City prepare to lock horns for service of 29-goal ace

By Alfie Burns

Monday 12 April 2021,

Cardiff City and Swansea City look set to battle it out to sign prolific Peterborough United striker, Jonson Clarke-Harris, a source has exclusively revealed to Football League World.

Clarke-Harris’ form for Peterborough this season has been exceptional, with the 26-year-old filling the void left by Ivan Toney at London Road and scoring an impressive 29 goals across all competitions in 2020/21.

Naturally, sides higher up the Football League are taking note of Clarke-Harris’ form, with Championship clubs emerging as potential candidates to sign Peterborough’s latest striking sensation.

A source has revealed to Football League World that both Cardiff and Swansea admire Clarke-Harris and are prepared to battle it out to sign the forward from Posh in the coming summer.

There is, of course, a chance that Clarke-Harris could be bound for the Championship regardless of a transfer, with Peterborough chasing automatic promotion under Darren Ferguson.

Posh have won three of their last four fixtures in League One, which has helped them strengthen their grip on second place in the division.

They sit five points clear of Sunderland in third, whilst there is only a three point gap to Hull City, who currently top the table and have played a game more than Peterborough at this stage.

Clarke-Harris’ form has been key to putting Peterborough into the promotion race, with the striker on the scoresheet on Saturday in a 3-0 win over Swindon Town.

However, the striker took to Twitter to be critical of his personal performance in that win.
Attachments
0_JS229485575.jpg
0_JS229485575.jpg (48.45 KiB) Viewed 2429 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Exclusive: Cardiff City and Swansea City prepare to lock

Postby DJS » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:57 pm

Sorry but how is this story an exclusive on this board when it is a direct lift from Football League World website?
DJS

Postby Sven » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 pm

DJS wrote:Sorry but how is this story an exclusive on this board when it is a direct lift from Football League World website?

It's another Bluebird related story and the author was clearly identified, so no one claimed it was 'exclusive' to this Forum

An odd comment to make; particularly when you appear to have no opinion on the actual content :?

Hmmmm, as they say... ;)

For the record, there are a number of clubs chasing this lad's signature but much will depend on which League 'The Posh' are playing their football

He looks a good gamble at this level; but so did Watters and others before him...
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:27 pm

DJS wrote:Sorry but how is this story an exclusive on this board when it is a direct lift from Football League World website?

Annis isnt claiming exclusivity! He has posted what is "described" as exclusive, but written by a reporter, not the op.
Anyway its a football forum, where we talk about related stories? Duh.
bluesince62

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:21 pm

Obvious it's "exclusive" (which is an annoyingly frequent word these days in sports reporting) to the original report, not to the forum. Someone on here just trying to make an argument out of nothing by suggesting it was "exclusive" to this forum.

Anyway...

I would be delighted if we signed him, but I can't see it happening.

He is more than capable of playing in the Championship and above. A very good striker who will score goals at any level.

But he would not be cheap, which is why I can't see us signing him - or Swansea, for that matter.

We all know that Peterbrough don't let players go cheap and their board drive a hard bargain.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:01 am

Cardiff City and Swansea City tipped to go head-to-head for 28-goal League One star

Cardiff and the Swans have been linked with a move for the 26-year old striker, who is currently the top scorer in League One

Peterborough's Jonson Clarke-Harris is reportedly a target for both Swansea City and Cardiff

By Tom Coleman

Tuesday 13th April 2021

Cardiff City and Swansea City have both been linked with a move for Peterborough United hotshot Jonson Clarke-Harris.

According to Football League World both clubs are believed to be tracking the striker, who's been in superb form for Posh this season, having netted a stunning 28 goals in all competitions.

Both South Wales sides are believed to have placed a striker at the top of their transfer list ahead of the summer window, and Clarke-Harris is rapidly emerging as one of the hottest prospects in the EFL.

Cardiff boss Mick McCarthy has already seen his side linked with a number of attacking options in recent weeks, and would no doubt be keen to bring another striker on board as he bids to take the load off first choice number nine Kieffer Moore.

Max Watters and Mark Harris are yet to make their mark on City's first team, while questions still hang over the future of Robert Glatzel, who is currently away on loan at German side Mainz.

McCarthy has already suggested that he is looking ahead to next term, with Cardiff's play-off bid all but over after a series of stuttering results, and the Yorkshireman may well see Clarke-Harris as a good fit as he bids to assemble a squad capable of challenging for the top six.

It remains to be seen what division Swansea will be playing in next term, with the club still firmly in the mix for a place in the play-offs, but boss Steve Cooper may well already be casting one eye on the summer.

Cooper previously made little secret of his desire to bring a proven goalscorer this season, particularly in light of loanee Rhian Brewster's return to Liverpool last summer.

Even if the Swans manage to gain promotion, the appetite for strengthening his forward line is unlikely to diminish.

Links to Sheffield United's Kean Bryan have already emerged and, while club sources have played down the extent of the club's interest, it's understood he would fit the mould for potential targets this summer.

Given his sensational goal tally at League One level, Clarke-Harris too would likely hold a certain amount of appeal, although the strength of Swansea's admiration is not yet know at this stage.

However, there has already been a suggestion that the potential finances involved could render any move a non-starter for the Swans, who are once again unlikely to splash the cash.

Clarke-Harris was largely brought on at London Road as the man to replace previous star striker Ivan Toney, who left for Brentford for £5m last summer.

Toney left after netting 24 goals for the Posh and, given that Clarke-Harris has proved just as influential, it's likely Peterborough will demand a fee similar or higher.

That could potentially price Swansea, and indeed Cardiff, out of a move.
Attachments
0_JS229485575.jpg
0_JS229485575.jpg (48.45 KiB) Viewed 2427 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sneggyblubird » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:42 am

No more than a rumour though.No contact been made,just a timeworn way of letting clubs know he's avaliable. You gotta take anything on the NN website with a bucket of salt.A book I read some years ago stated that 4 out of 5 stories on that site is BS.On the plus side though I'd never heard of this guy until this story so it's worth the space on here for no other reason.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Winchmore Hill Bluebird » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:48 am

Hope we get him if he’s anything like Ivan Toney, formerly of Peterborough.
Winchmore Hill Bluebird

Postby AfricanBluebird » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:40 am

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:Hope we get him if he’s anything like Ivan Toney, formerly of Peterborough.

If indeed we are going to play a similar style to this season, sadly it looks that way, then he looks like he would be a great asset. Physical but also very quick.

Regardless of whether there is any merit in the rumour, he seems to be a good fit.
AfricanBluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:22 pm

Peterborough have some good players - their position in the table would tell you that .

Jonson Carke-Harris has stepped up after Toney went - Sammie Szmodics another good player at that club.
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat