Could this run be a blessing in a way

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby maccydee » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:50 pm

It would have been great getting in the play offs but let’s be honest. Bournemouth and Brentford /Watford are going to be in the playoffs too and are a lot stronger than us.

Had we kept up a good run going and knackered our players out we would have not looked at any of our youngsters for next season. We also would have raised expectations for next season which have now been dimmed quite a bit. The board may have said your squad is good enough Mick, go with that whereas now I think they realise that we are short of quality. Quality that needs to be brought in next season.

What I want to happen now:
1) keep the youngsters who have played playing. Brown especially.
2) give Sang a go in centre midfield. I really think it might suit him and he looks tidy on the ball so might improve us.
3) give Watters a go up front. Let’s see if he can play in the championship.
4) get some of those confident youngsters in the team. Steve Morison has something good going there. Looks promising.
5) get Tomlin a bit of game time hoping it helps for next season.
6) work hard on signing Reach/Bannan from Wednesday. In a better team they will stand out.

I have spoken.
maccydee

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Could this run be a blessing in a way

Postby skiprat » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:45 pm

I agree with all what you say there nothing to lose and hopefully plenty to gain.
skiprat

Postby Blueman39 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:18 pm

Agree too except for Brown....don’t think he is good enough if we want to be top 2 next season.
Blueman39

Postby maccydee » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:24 pm

Blueman39 wrote:Agree too except for Brown....don’t think he is good enough if we want to be top 2 next season.

What about as a reserve?
maccydee

Return to General Chat