Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" All of next Saturday's EFL fixtures to be moved "

Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:29 pm

The EFL will move next Saturday's 15:00 BST games "as a mark of respect" to avoid clashing with the funeral of Prince Philip.

The Duke of Edinburgh died at the age of 99 on Friday and his funeral will be held at St George's Chapel, in the grounds of Windsor Castle, at 15:00 BST on Saturday, 17 April.

The service will be televised.

The EFL said it "will now work with its clubs to determine at what time the matches will be played".

A total of 32 games across the Championship, League One and League Two were scheduled to kick-off at 15:00 BST next Saturday.

Re: " All of next Saturday's EFL fixtures to be moved "

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:48 pm

Doesn't effect us as ko fri 6pm..

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Doesn't effect us as ko fri 6pm..

:thumbright:

Guessing there will be more matches on Friday now with some more on Saturday lunchtime, Saturday evening and Sunday.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:01 pm

You can understand why this has been done - Other sports to follow ??

Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:11 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:You can understand why this has been done - Other sports to follow ??

Maybe the Formula 1 which returns this time next week.
Hope F1 is not moved as i been waiting 3 weeks for it.

Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:44 am

Sam ReaN wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:You can understand why this has been done - Other sports to follow ??

Maybe the Formula 1 which returns this time next week.
Hope F1 is not moved as i been waiting 3 weeks for it.

I haven’t watched F1 since the mid 90’s, but am currently watching the FM1 Drive To Survive series on Netflix and it’s brilliant. Only on season 1, episode 5, but at this rate I’ll be back roaring the Williams team on again. It turns out they're quite the opposite of the world beaters I remember. :lol: