MY VIEW: BLACKBURN SNATCHED A DRAW IN THE LAST MINUTE & TO B

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:51 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION:

BLACKBURN SNATCHED A DRAW IN THE LAST MINUTE & TO BE HONEST WAS WELL DESERVED :cry: :cry:

PROMOTION FINALLY FINISHED :cry: :cry:

Cardiff put out a very strong team.

Four changes to the starting XI - Smithies, NG, @joshmurphy65 & @harrywilson_ came in! :bluebird:

Blackburn before today had only won one game in their last 14 Championship games.

Blackburn were also without a goal in their last 6 games.

Great to see Jordi Osei-Tutu back after injury, but shocking Lee Tomlin still unfit.

Man of the match the Cardiff woodwork :lol: :lol:

First-half: For me Cardiff dominated the half :bluebird: :bluebird: 1-1 Smithies was awful in the way he let Blackburn equalise :cry: :cry:

Second-half: Blackburn hit the post twice & also hit the bar. City were no where near as good

CARDIF CITY 2 BLACKBURN 2 :cry: :cry:
H-T 1-1
Cardiff City: Smithies; Nelson, Flint, Brown; Sang, Vaulks, Pack, Ng; Wilson, Murphy, Moore.

Subs: Phillips, Osei-Tutu, Ralls, Williams, Colwill, Hoilett, Ojo, Watters, Harris.

24th min: Personally I believe the Blackburn keeper should of been sent off.
Harry Wilson was sent through by Pack, he nicked it around the keeper who took him down, denying what appears to be a clear goalscoring opportunity.

But after Flint and Nelson came sprinting up the field to demand a red card, but Kaminski gets only a yellow.

27th min GOAL! Cardiff City 1-0 Blackburn Rovers (Vaulks 27) :bluebird: :bluebird:
Goal! Vaulks from a free-kick!

Wilson layed it off to Moore, who blasted it low and under the wall. Kaminski could only get a hand on it and tip it into the bottom corner.

1-0 and Cardiff have more than deserved it. :bluebird: :bluebird:

43rd min: GOAL! Cardiff City 1-1 Blackburn Rovers (Armstrong 43)
Goal! Rovers equalise against the run of play.

Harvey Elliott played a lovely ball in behind the defence and finds Amstrong, who turned Ciaron Brown before firing low and it beats Smithies at the near post.

The keeper could of done more there,way more awful by Smithies :cry: :cry:

H-T 1-1

50th min Blackburn hit the post.

60th min; Joe Ralls on for Josh Murphy.

66th min Blackburn hit the post again.

69th min Bar! Barry Douglas smacked a free-kick at the woodwork. City were clinging on here.

GOAL! Cardiff City 2-1 Blackburn Rovers (Ralls 70)
Ralls scores! :bluebird: :bluebird:

He intercepted the keeper's ball out and layed it off to Wilson, who in turn slid him in on goal.

Ralls took it coolly with his right foot to slot it home and give City the lead. :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Five subs for Rovers.

Brereton, Dolan, Holtby, Downing and Davenport all on. wow :shock:

Blackburn deservedly equalised 90th min :cry: :cry:

UP NEXT: Friday April 16th Live SKy 6pm Reading v Cardiff City
Attachments
0E19E690-BF10-4D13-ADC3-6B69961ABA52.jpeg
0E19E690-BF10-4D13-ADC3-6B69961ABA52.jpeg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 5243 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MY VIEW: BLACKBURN SNATCHED A DRAW IN THE LAST MINUTE &

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:54 pm

:bluebird:
Attachments
262E0722-7B2F-414B-8256-E246E04A77DE.jpeg
262E0722-7B2F-414B-8256-E246E04A77DE.jpeg (127.18 KiB) Viewed 5254 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby montyblue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:57 pm

We must use subs 5 allowed to frightened to change harris no 2. ffs.
montyblue

Postby warnocksbarmyarmy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:59 pm

First half I thought we played really well and were unlucky to concede on the edge of half time. Bad mistake from smithies. Second half however we were really under the cosh, nicked a goal and tried to hang on but was never going to happen. We looked knackered and they threw on 5 subs and the fresh legs were too much for us. Really got to question big micks lack of subs today. We were crying out for some fresh legs to press the ball and to be honest some subs in any position while we were 2-1 up would have been really welcome. Again he waited and the inevitable happened.
warnocksbarmyarmy

Postby EastleighBlue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:59 pm

A mixed performance. It was a very good first half and gutted not to have won being twice in front. Yes Blackburn played well second half but there keeper should have been sent off, dreadful decision by the ref and they were gifted their first half equaliser. This is not a play off or promotion side. I have no problem with that. McCarthy has a lot to do in the summer clearing dead wood out this summer now.
EastleighBlue

Postby Blue78 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:01 pm

montyblue wrote:We must use subs 5 allowed to frightened to change harris no 2. ffs.

Pack could have come off today and been replaced by Phillips - I thought he was that bad. Just don’t understand how Mick doesn’t see it and do something to sort it out. Even when Ralls came on it didn’t really shore us up because Pack just couldn’t cope with their pace or movement.
Blue78

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:03 pm

montyblue wrote:We must use subs 5 allowed to frightened to change harris no 2. ffs.

Did not make sense not responding to their 5 subs? We looked tired but he insisted on leaving 11 tired men while they had 5 fresh players on field ... prior to subs they looked better team and we should have responded
then but mick is old school and only
uses Subs after a set time regardless of situation a big failing of his
pembroke allan

Postby Danny Says » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:17 pm

We’re going nowhere with this manager and these players. He should not have been given a knee jerk 2 year contract. Unless he changes his dinosaur tactics and brings in 6/7 better players then we’re going nowhere but mid table at best next season.

There’s so much wrong on the pitch that yet another struggling team play us off the park and even though they should have been down to ten men, their midfield was so positive, attacking and better than our ponderous lot.

Armstrong was heads and shoulders above anything we’ve got.

Reading and Brentford will rip us new ones.

We may get a win v Rotherham or Wycombe but no guarantee we’ll win another game this season.
Danny Says

Postby Sven » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Did not make sense not responding to their 5 subs? We looked tired but he insisted on leaving 11 tired men while they had 5 fresh players on field ... prior to subs they looked better team and we should have responded

I'm not in agreement with so many subs like that but we need to use the Rules to our advantage as much as some othervteams do

Two points tgrown away today and our (already unlikely) Play-off chanxes over IMHO

Still happy with going close after what Harrid did to us though... :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby avondaleblue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:19 pm

I was screaming at the telly to get Williams on 5 minutes before they scored, at least he runs up the pitch getting free kicks easing the pressure on the defence. Really don't understand why we didn't make changes when they brought on 5 subs. We cannot keep possession and constantly put pressure on ourselves.
avondaleblue

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:23 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I'm not in agreement with so many subs like that but we need to use the Rules to our advantage as much as some othervteams do

Two points tgrown away today and our (already unlikely) Play-off chanxes over IMHO

Still happy with going close after what Harrid did to us though... :ayatollah:

Chris not talking of 5 subs but needed at least two on after their subs to balance things out... 11 knackered players against a team with 5 fresh ones was only going one way considering what went on before the subs? But its not just this game it's been last 6 or so games poor use or no use of them as cost us badly especially with Moore issue... like said he us old sch6 and its showing.
pembroke allan

Postby Crayfish » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:24 pm

Mick McCarthy had a great start with us but he is beginning to show his limitations as a manager doing the same stuff as Ipswich fans were complaining about. Tends to pick the same team play it in the same formation and is very reluctant to change anything subsistutions always come to late. Most of all is his almost pathological reluctance to play any youngsters. That was maybe understandable at Ipswich when there was not much coming through the youth set up but unforgivable when we have the best set of under 23s for as long as anyone can remember and desperately need a bit of youthful energy.

I honestly think if we had a young Aaron Ramsey in the youth team Williams would get in ahead of him. If there was a young Cameron Jerome he would only get in for the last five minutes while Moore is flogged into the ground.

If we had not given him a two year contract I really think the board would be saying that's for not getting us into a relegation fight Mick but good bye. He has a lot of good qualities but for me too stubborn and set in his ways. Personally I think he could well get us relegated next season.
Crayfish

Postby Danny Says » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:38 pm

Crayfish wrote:Mick McCarthy had a great start with us but he is beginning to show his limitations as a manager doing the same stuff as Ipswich fans were complaining about.

If we had not given him a two year contract I really think the board would be saying that's for not getting us into a relegation fight Mick but good bye. He has a lot of good qualities but for me too stubborn and set in his ways. Personally I think he could well get us relegated next season.

Well at least there’s 2 of us who agree it was a poor decision to give him a 2 year contract.
My only hope is if we crash and burn for the rest of this season and start badly next season - both eminently foreseeable unless he changes the squad radically - he’ll be sacked.
If he thinks the likes of Vaulks Pack Ralls and Bacuna will do any better next season then he’s deluded. They are all average at best.
Just to make clear he deserved a huge pat on the back for stopping the rot after Harris but there was no justification for a 2 year deal.
Danny Says

Postby moonboots » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:39 pm

We look crap to be honest against very average opposition. I despair at the moment. Take out our loan players from the matchday squad and we really don't have much in the way of quality. Looks like a huge rebuilding job next season. I worry that MM seems to put so much stall in players like Ralls, Pack and Vaulks and never picks Junior. Today when he took off Murphy and replaced him with Ralls we had just 2 attacking players on the field! How are you supposed to win a game like that? Home to the team in 17th and we go all defensive. And it didn't even work as we invited pressure and conceded another soft goal at the end. :banghead:
moonboots

Postby Grandstand » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:43 pm

Since we gave the contract, we must be one the worse performing teams. After Swansea game, you can see nothing was done in the international break, and the intensity to get in the playoffs was gone. The Swansea game should have alerted Mick to the problems we had in Midfield and the over reliance on Moore.
Grandstand

Postby BC-CB » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:53 pm

Lucky to get a point today. With a bit more luck Blackburn could have been the 2nd team in a week to put 5 past us. This team is painful to watch. No attacking flair, and, without Morrison not good defensively. Far too many basic errors again today. If it is not sorted in the summer, a relegation fight could be on the cards for next season.
BC-CB

Postby Danny Says » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:56 pm

Why do Choo & Dalman think they’re qualified to make crucial football appointments?

Would they allow lay people to make key business decisions in their private business organisations?

Yet another catastrophic decision by those two.
Danny Says

Postby HarriRhys22 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:57 pm

Danny Says wrote:
Crayfish wrote:Mick McCarthy had a great start with us but he is beginning to show his limitations as a manager doing the same stuff as Ipswich fans were complaining about.

Well at least there’s 2 of us who agree it was a poor decision to give him a 2 year contract.
My only hope is if we crash and burn for the rest of this season and start badly next season - both eminently foreseeable unless he changes the squad radically - he’ll be sacked.
If he thinks the likes of Vaulks Pack Ralls and Bacuna will do any better next season then he’s deluded. They are all average at best.
Just to make clear he deserved a huge pat on the back for stopping the rot after Harris but there was no justification for a 2 year deal.

I said at the time we should have made the decision on a new contract at the end of the season, he was never going to go to a better club and now yet again we will have to pay off another manager and assistant. He is not the answer to improving our team and tactics, at least Harris got us to the playoffs and brought in some better players. I am also really concerned about next season with Mick as our Manager!
HarriRhys22

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:58 pm

A lot of frustrated fans on here but it ain't MM's fault.Lets see what the summer brings.Mick is sort of mirroring Warnock insomuch as he has stabilized the team.He'll be well aware he needs to kick on next season and to that end expect him to have a busy summer.As a side we don't keep the ball well enough and I think we'll see quite a few comings and goings.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:03 pm

Updated:
Attachments
3FD39D91-2400-4C52-AA92-8A1B13C04FAA.jpeg
3FD39D91-2400-4C52-AA92-8A1B13C04FAA.jpeg (343.92 KiB) Viewed 3843 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:16 pm

BC-CB wrote:Lucky to get a point today. With a bit more luck Blackburn could have been the 2nd team in a week to put 5 past us. This team is painful to watch. No attacking flair, and, without Morrison not good defensively. Far too many basic errors again today. If it is not sorted in the summer, a relegation fight could be on the cards for next season.

Yes they could have had 5 so could we.... but thats football never goes as it should a draw fair result..:thumbup:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pembroke allan

Postby Paulyblue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:16 pm

I said to my mates earlier... Blackburn bring 5 fresh players on to take the game to us but Mick did nothing...we could all see the tired legs..fresh legs for us could maybe have closed players down more quickly and prevented the Blackburn players from playing as they wanted...seems McCarthy is very stubborn as in no changes made at half time last week at 3 nil down..the positives are that he stopped the rot and saved us from a relegation battle but going into next season there is a lot of work to be done.
Paulyblue

Postby Danny Says » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:27 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:A lot of frustrated fans on here but it ain't MM's fault.Lets see what the summer brings.Mick is sort of mirroring Warnock insomuch as he has stabilized the team.He'll be well aware he needs to kick on next season and to that end expect him to have a busy summer.As a side we don't keep the ball well enough and I think we'll see quite a few comings and goings.

He has to take a lot of the blame. He continues to make so many bad team selections and poor decisions on substitutes.
Yes he inherited an average squad and had bad luck with defensive injuries, but I’m banging the same drum constantly that we’re going backwards unless he a) brings in a completely new midfield and better like for like players and b) ditches his neanderthal tactics
Danny Says

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:29 pm

2-2, can't say it wasn't deserved. Blackburn hit the woodwork three times. It's a gut blow, but there can't be too many complaints from a Bluebirds perspective, I don't think #CCFC

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby EastleighBlue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:41 pm

Fresh legs may have helped at the end but equally we could have seen that game out more often than not. He also made the right call bringing Ralls on who scored what sadly was not quite the winner. The key moment in today's game was the refs decision not to send off the Blackburn keeper. This would have changed everything. I don't understand the negativity towards McCarthy. The squad is disjointed and was never capable of the play offs. All this 'he's not the right man to take us forward' is premature and frankly unfair. Give him the summer and a transfer window to get rid of dead wood. Christmas is the time to judge.
EastleighBlue

Postby Danny Says » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:01 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Fresh legs may have helped at the end but equally we could have seen that game out more often than not. He also made the right call bringing Ralls on who scored what sadly was not quite the winner. The key moment in today's game was the refs decision not to send off the Blackburn keeper. This would have changed everything. I don't understand the negativity towards McCarthy. The squad is disjointed and was never capable of the play offs. All this 'he's not the right man to take us forward' is premature and frankly unfair. Give him the summer and a transfer window to get rid of dead wood. Christmas is the time to judge.

Can’t fault you being glass half full :occasion5:
Danny Says

Postby Big Hill Blue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:42 pm

Blackburn snatched a draw????.

No.

We were lucky not to lose by 3.
Big Hill Blue

Postby Escott1927 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:58 pm

Does mick know we can use 5 subs yeah?
Escott1927

Postby Sam ReaN » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:13 am

might as well forfeit the rest of the games.
or try out more youngsters for next season.
Maybe when he is ready and fit to play Bamba might get a game.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:17 am

While I get there are bigger-picture problems that need to be addressed, Cardiff City have missed Sean Morrison so much the last three games.
I can't help but think they might still be in with a sniff if he had been available for them :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat