OPINION: AFTER BLACKBURN THAT'S PRETTY MUCH IT NOW...

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:19 pm

Those who know me will attest that I am not one to give up too easily but after not gaining 3 points versus Blackburn Rovers, the Bluebirds are all but out of the race for the Championship Play-offs this season

With a maximum of 15 points to be gained from our last five games and those above us having created at least a 9 point gap, it is highly unlikely at least two clubs (not including faltering Reading) will fail so badly sovas to fall away dramatically

So the question is "What does Mick McCarthy do next...? :?

My personal opinion (that is all that it is) is for him to drop in a few youngsters and give them an opportunity to show what they can do going forward into next season and beyond

I am reliably told that there will be major changes this summer with several players out of contract and others simply being moved on (where possible)

Some will surprise, at least one will please the increasing majority and a couple will disappoint

Of those left, the empahsis will be placed on youth with a spine of 'experienced' heads around them

Let's have a look at them now, I say: and it seems others are in agreement

What say you...? :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: OPINION: AFTER BLACKBURN THAT'S PRETTY MUCH IT NOW...

Postby ion » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:08 pm

Seems a good idea to me ,give them some experience ,tan though needs to let us fans know what the plan going forward is or otherwise it will cause all sorts of rumours which will do no good at all
ion

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:15 pm

Sven wrote:Those who know me will attest that I am not one to give up too easily but after bot gaining 3 points versus Blackburn Rovers, the Bluebirds are all but out of the race for the Championship Play-offs this season

With a maximum of 15 points to be gained from our last five games and those above us having created at least a 9 point gap, it is highly unlikely at least two clubs (not including faltering Reading) will fail so badly sovas to fall away dramatically

My personal opinion (that is all that it is) is for him to drop in a few youngsters and give them an opportunity to show what they can do going forward into next season and beyond

I am reliably told tgat there will be major changes this summer with several players out of contract and others simply being moved on (where possible)

Some will surprise, at leadt one will please tge increasing majority and a couple will disappoint

Of those left, the empahsis will be placed on youth with a spine on 'experienced' heads around them

Top 6 not possible now so need to try youngsters who he is thinking of using next season? But tbh chris having doubts about micks overall philosophy playing wise..... he as got old school mentality when it comes to subs and that never changes with a manager warnock did same and many more as well.... worst thing is the nonsense with moore about needing him to defend ffs if you cannot defend unless got him there it says a lot about rest team what does he do if moore out for 6 games? Put a cut out of him on pitch? Was Bad management of a player we badly needed but he made him knackered unesseseraly! So not as optimistic as I was when he came about next season.
pembroke allan

Postby fred keenor » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:18 pm

If Colwill, Patten, Harris are not given a chance now, when will they be.
A major overhaul is needed in midfield for next season.
And any thought of letting Bennet go should be dispelled asap.
fred keenor

Postby montyblue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:18 pm

ION
Don' t hold your breath in wondering what will happen next season from the board
Fans have been like mushrooms for years kept in the dark to where we are going long term if mick is in charge it will be same 11 granted a new 11 keiffer moore will be wanting to leave because he' ll think micks a sadist flogu g him to death
no exuses now in the remaing games to give the young lads a game no point in them been here otherwise.
montyblue

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:20 pm

We be lucky to get 3 points from 5 games on current form. MM should use the remaining games to try different tactics and first 11 so he has more than one plan for next season. Sorry but I'm disappointed in MM after the fantastic start.
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:37 pm

My View....Its going to be a very long two years !!!!!

Its as bad as anything Harris did with Kiefer starting.

Ralls for Murphy was a shocker. I can't talk about Pack anymore...

Its just going to be crap
llan bluebird

Postby ion » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:47 pm

Don't worry I'm not holding my breath for tan to tell us anything I've watched city for a long time and don't expect any different,with all that's gone on covid etc , season tickets on sale soon ,I'll Renew next season ,but will others if they don't let them know the plan
ion

Postby GotMeSingingTheBlues » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:53 pm

We need a new mentality in midfield. Every time it comes in to midfield its oh sh#t play it into the channel or I've got plenty of time here but stuff it ill just turn it back to the keeper so he can launch it to big kieff. We need a blend of leadership, bravery on the ball, legs and steel in there.

I have no doubt a lot of it is instruction from the game plan. Take no risks, percentage football, high press. But as footballers if you have the brain and vision to see the runs our attacking players make then you take it upon yourself to make those passes.

We need to look forward to next season now and start ti blood some of the kids, like someone said above if now isn't the time then will it ever be the right time.
GotMeSingingTheBlues

Postby valleyrambill » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:54 pm

In all fairness a few youngsters have been played under Mick already and some have done really well so now we are safe from relegation its worth are pop
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby stickywicket » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:19 pm

It went downhill with the injuries to Bennett and NG. We'd set into a nice pattern.
Since then we've been disjointed.
Looking forward to next season we need some quality signings.
stickywicket

Postby Barclay1 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:03 pm

When the under- whatever age group, started to string a few wins together, suddenly everyone thought our future was rosy and we could replicate the Jacks.

Tell me how the Under- whatever age group have done over the last month or so. From the results coming through, not much better than the first team.

If you are correct, we can see the likes of Sang, Brown, Bagan, Harris and Watters being more permanent fixtures next year. If you think this year was tough, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Oh, and Harris has had more than enough chances over the years to stake a claim and he's yet to take his chance.

How have we fallen when other so called much less fashionable clubs in the league ( without the benefit of Premier Parachutes) have shown us how to play football, and how to play it with passion.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Sven wrote:Those who know me will attest that I am not one to give up too easily but after not gaining 3 points versus Blackburn Rovers, the Bluebirds are all but out of the race for the Championship Play-offs this season

I am reliably told that there will be major changes this summer with several players out of contract and others simply being moved on (where possible)

Some will surprise, at least one will please the increasing majority and a couple will disappoint

Of those left, the empahsis will be placed on youth with a spine of 'experienced' heads around them

Chris, we talked about McCarthys appointment at the time and I said to you and also I said on here I didn’t think he was the right manager to ‘take the club forward’.

He’ll stabilise us in a way but when Harris left it was the perfect time to progress and move the club forward.
A more dynamic and modern manager and way of playing but instead we went to an old guy that’s stuck in his ways.

A new philosophy of football and play the same system from under 12s through to the first team.
Consign this long ball, long throw and losing possession back to the dark ages.

It didn’t happen and now we’re stuck with him for two years.

People talk about a clear out of midfield and they’re right but we’ll bring in like for like players and the same old-fashioned, boring way of playing under this old guy.

I may be wrong but I can’t see him making a lot of changes by bringing the youth in.
Managers like to finish the season as high as they can so I think he’ll keep doing what he’s doing.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby skidemin » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:00 pm

stickywicket wrote:It went downhill with the injuries to Bennett and NG. We'd set into a nice pattern.
Since then we've been disjointed.
Looking forward to next season we need some quality signings.

:thumbup:
skidemin

Postby Sven » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:11 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:Those who know me will attest that I am not one to give up too easily but after not gaining 3 points versus Blackburn Rovers, the Bluebirds are all but out of the race for the Championship Play-offs this season

Chris, we talked about McCarthys appointment at the time and I said to you and also I said on here I didn’t think he was the right manager to ‘take the club forward’.

He’ll stabilise us in a way but when Harris left it was the perfect time to progress and move the club forward.
A more dynamic and modern manager and way of playing but instead we went to an old guy that’s stuck in his ways.

A new philosophy of football and play the same system from under 12s through to the first team.

People talk about a clear out of midfield and they’re right but we’ll bring in like for like players and the same old-fashioned, boring way of playing under this old guy.

I may be wrong but I can’t see him making a lot of changes by bringing the youth in.
Managers like to finish the season as high as they can so I think he’ll keep doing what he’s doing.

Paul you 100% did say that; and you look like being proven right... :cry:

Like others, I lived in hope but I did say that I thought the awarding of a 2-year contract was premature, as it would maybe taje away a certain hunger; and thatcalso appears to be correct :cry:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Lengee » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:39 pm

Didnt see the game today, but listened to most of it. As soon as I heard Pack was in midfield, then I expected the team to be overun in midfield.
I am amazed he gets picked in the starting 11 of any team with play off aspirations.....embarrassing :oops:
:bluebird:
Lengee

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:46 pm

Sven wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Paul you 100% did say that; and you look like being proven right... :cry:

Like others, I lived in hope but I did say that I thought the awarding of a 2-year contract was premature, as it would maybe taje away a certain hunger; and thatcalso appears to be correct :cry:

I've mentioned several times about his philosophy and upto now shows no sign of changing it? From subs to how we play it has not changed even though its failed last 6 games or so! The big question is will he change next season Not sure he will if other managers like warnock haven't! So will his way get us promoted next season time will tell but not as confident as could be.
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat