Signing these youngsters will send a clear Message

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Barclay1 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:57 pm

Callum Styles at Barnsley
Callum O Hare at Coventry
Louis Sibley at Derby.

These guys would cost, but here is your future, your profit, your young guns and your entertainment.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Signing these youngsters will send a clear Message

Postby moonboots » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:21 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Callum Styles at Barnsley
Louis Sibley at Derby.

These guys would cost, but here is your future, your profit, your young guns and your entertainment.

I've been saying about Styles and O'Hare for a while. I also agree that Sibley is an excellent prospect. Just can't see it happening though unfortunately.
moonboots

Postby Winchmore Hill Bluebird » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:15 pm

We never know as so little money will be available for Championship clubs to spend in the summer 2021 transfer window.
Winchmore Hill Bluebird

Postby Barclay1 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:06 pm

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:We never know as so little money will be available for Championship clubs to spend in the summer 2021 transfer window.

I do actually think championship clubs will find and spend money, albeit a bit less. Sadly, we will not be one of them but certain people at the club will still target The Premiership.
Barclay1

Postby fred keenor » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:30 pm

Our budget for next season will be interesting, first season for neatly a decade that we will not have any parachute payments.
VT reaction to this loss of revenue will dictate where we finish.
I dont expect top 6 or anywhere near im afraid.
fred keenor

Postby boyo1927 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:41 pm

Louis Sibley at Derby.

Upwards of 20m for them 3 so not going to happen
boyo1927

Postby Barclay1 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:22 pm

True maybe... out of our range, but if your looking for a young squad who will turn you a nice profit then it's a good investment.

It's either something like that which Tan will baulk at, or play our current crop of youngsters.

Our current crop are nowhere near good enough, and I think MM, NH and NW knew it.
Barclay1

Postby Danny Says » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:30 pm

If we’re stuck with Mick the Dinosaur then I’d be more than happy for an experimental season with an influx of youth from our ranks and beyond - BUT what young player is going to want to come to Cardiff and play McCarthy football???????

But be frank would McCarthy give youth the chance? He’s a stick in the mud who’ll play the stolid likes of our present midfield over a progressive dynamic modern style of football.
Danny Says

Postby Big Hill Blue » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:40 pm

Not a hope in Hell.

Who on our committee would even see this?
Big Hill Blue

Postby Sam ReaN » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:15 am

Shame we are under a transfer embargo.
I can see not many transfers from championship clubs in the summer.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby skidemin » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:19 am

Sam ReaN wrote:Shame we are under a transfer embargo.

the transfer window is not open Sam so the embargo means nothing...
skidemin

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:25 am

i'd never heard of Perry NG or Max Watters, and Perry especially looks very good. Lets hope the new lads in the recruitment department find a few more gems.

We are desperately short of pace again
llan bluebird

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:30 am

Sam ReaN wrote:Shame we are under a transfer embargo.

I think it will be the opposite Sam. Last closed season was a do nothing season, so everyone contracts is a year closer to expiring. Loads of clubs (Stoke) have multiple older pro's on a bosman, then you have the Josh Murphy Stick or twist situation. Do you let him go for a million or wait and see him walk for free next season

There won't be big transfers, but there will be lots of movement (IMO)
llan bluebird

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:26 am

llan bluebird wrote:i'd never heard of Perry NG or Max Watters, and Perry especially looks very good. Lets hope the new lads in the recruitment department find a few more gems.

We can agree that Ng looks a very good player. The recruitment or transfer committee Is however a complete farce.

People say we are looking for a new Vardy. When Vardy signed for Leicester, they saw something in him, and made a professional judgement.

When you look at the percentages, our committee has got far more wrong with Ng being the exception. Ng wasn't signed based on professional judgement. You throw the dice you'll get a six now and again.

The committee cannot live off the Ng signing forever.
Barclay1

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:34 am

Barclay1 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:i'd never heard of Perry NG or Max Watters, and Perry especially looks very good. Lets hope the new lads in the recruitment department find a few more gems.

We can agree that Ng looks a very good player. The recruitment or transfer committee Is however a complete farce.

People say we are looking for a new Vardy. When Vardy signed for Leicester, they saw something in him, and made a professional judgement.

When you look at the percentages, our committee has got far more wrong with Ng being the exception. Ng wasn't signed based on professional judgement. You throw the dice you'll get a six now and again.

Kieffer doesn't look that shabby either.......

I said "new" as i was led to believe at the scouting and player assessment level we have a new team of people from Arsenal and Southampton systems.

Funny how all the good signings were Warnocks but the crap ones the committee......
llan bluebird

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:07 am

llan bluebird wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

I said "new" as i was led to believe at the scouting and player assessment level we have a new team of people from Arsenal and Southampton systems.

Funny how all the good signings were Warnocks but the crap ones the committee......

Absolutely grant you Moore has been a huge success.

Warnock had his fair share of bad signings, Madine possibly being the worst, but his percentage of good signings far outweighed the bad.

We should not have a transfer committee. Tan, Dalman, Choo, apart from agreeing to, or not agreeing to a fee, should be nowhere near any involvement in finding players. That is the managers and the scouting teams job.
Barclay1

Postby skidemin » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:24 am

Barclay1 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:

Absolutely grant you Moore has been a huge success.

Warnock had his fair share of bad signings, Madine possibly being the worst, but his percentage of good signings far outweighed the bad.

We should not have a transfer committee. Tan, Dalman, Choo, apart from agreeing to, or not agreeing to a fee, should be nowhere near any involvement in finding players. That is the managers and the scouting teams job.

do you really think those 3 are out scouting players.....
skidemin

Postby Escott1927 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:31 am

Louis Sibley at Derby.

You say their will be zero investment and then list 3 players that will probably cost 12mill+. You're just setting yourself up for dissapointment and will probably use that as a way to have a go at the club for, what you feel, not being ambitious.

You had it right in your other post. The club will be looking to the lower leagues and youngsters and loans. Thats where the club are now. Or would you prefer the club go down the brum, Wednesday and possibly derby route? Gamble on promotion and then breaching ffp when they don't get it.
Escott1927

Postby skidemin » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:01 am

Escott1927 wrote:
Louis Sibley at Derby.

You say their will be zero investment and then list 3 players that will probably cost 12mill+. You're just setting yourself up for dissapointment and will probably use that as a way to have a go at the club for, what you feel, not being ambitious.

You had it right in your other post. The club will be looking to the lower leagues and youngsters and loans. Thats where the club are now. Or would you prefer the club go down the brum, Wednesday and possibly derby route? Gamble on promotion and then breaching ffp when they don't get it.

damned if you do and damned if you do not.. your correct about the clubs you name but the other side of that coin are teams like Leeds and Bournemouth with these managers that turn water into wine.... or so the myth goes.... reality is Howe went £ 32 million over the FFP limit when getting Bournemouth promoted and Leeds whose income is greater than ours despite having no parachute payments still managed to file a £ 62 million loss for their promotion season....Bournemouth got fined... maybe Leeds will... but i dont really know how you compete or can expect to compete against this tbh.... im not making the point that tan should be bank rolling us just that there are 2 sides to breaking the FFP rules... so no i dont want to be brum but wouldnt mind being Leeds...
skidemin

Postby Barclay1 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:43 am

Escott1927 wrote:
Louis Sibley at Derby.

I dont believe there will be any investment at our club, and I also believe smaller, less fashionable clubs will invest far more than us.

For the avoidance of doubt, I name the players as an example of youngsters who have a huge investment value. Not for one moment do I believe we will even pick up a phone.

But there you have the difference between our youngsters and other teams youngsters. Signing them would show intent in terms of a young, exciting team with potential short to mid term profit.

To summarise my Initial post. This is the type of player we need, but we won't get.
Barclay1

Postby Crayfish » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:20 pm

Not going to happen under Mick the dinasour though. The only player he has signed is Jonny Williams an injury prone guy in his late twenties. The other two guys he tried to sign were Cameron Jerome who is about 33 and Jordon Rhodes who is I am guessing 30 plus. He shows absolutely no sign sign of wanting to play any of the talented youngsters from our youth team either.

McCarthy has many good qualities as a manager but bringing on talented youngsters isn't one of them. If we make any new signings in the close season expect them to be hard working journeymen of the John Williams Jordon Rhodes type.

Sorry to say it but we have flatlined so badly after a good run that I fear next season could be a season long fight against relegation.
Crayfish

Postby Sven » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:18 pm

Danny Says wrote:If we’re stuck with Mick the Dinosaur then I’d be more than happy for an experimental season with an influx of youth from our ranks and beyond - BUT what young player is going to want to come to Cardiff and play McCarthy football???????

But be frank would McCarthy give youth the chance? He’s a stick in the mud who’ll play the stolid likes of our present midfield over a progressive dynamic modern style of football.

Ah so he's (quote) 'Mick the Dinosaur' now, is he? :roll:

How quickly things change, despite a surreal start to his Bluebird tenure :oops:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:37 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Louis Sibley at Derby.

I dont believe there will be any investment at our club, and I also believe smaller, less fashionable clubs will invest far more than us.

For the avoidance of doubt, I name the players as an example of youngsters who have a huge investment value. Not for one moment do I believe we will even pick up a phone.

But there you have the difference between our youngsters and other teams youngsters. Signing them would show intent in terms of a young, exciting team with potential short to mid term profit.

To summarise my Initial post. This is the type of player we need, but we won't get.

How are less fashionable and smaller clubs going to invest lot more than us when most clubs in championship are in dire straights because of covid? It hadn't happened before so why now when financial situation is a lot worse especially for the smaller less fashionable clubs! We all know the club will not push boat out in the transfer market but neither will 99.9% of others....... the lower league clubs must be dreading summer as all the best players will be signed by championship clubs undoubtedly.
pembroke allan

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:06 am

Crayfish wrote:Not going to happen under Mick the dinasour though. The only player he has signed is Jonny Williams an injury prone guy in his late twenties. The other two guys he tried to sign were Cameron Jerome who is about 33 and Jordon Rhodes who is I am guessing 30 plus. He shows absolutely no sign sign of wanting to play any of the talented youngsters from our youth team either.

McCarthy has many good qualities as a manager but bringing on talented youngsters isn't one of them. If we make any new signings in the close season expect them to be hard working journeymen of the John Williams Jordon Rhodes type.

Sorry to say it but we have flatlined so badly after a good run that I fear next season could be a season long fight against relegation.

“McCarthy has many good qualities but bringing on talented youngsters isn’t one of them” :?
So I guess Tom Sang, Ciaron Brown, Joel Bagan, etc hasn’t been given a chance, also a few on the bench that’s getting the experience of being with the 1st team matchday squad don’t count?
Ponty Bluebird

Return to General Chat