Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WOW 4 CHANGES: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:02 pm

Exciting

Four changes to the starting XI - Smithies, NG, @joshmurphy65 & @harrywilson_ come in! :bluebird:

Important to note that Jordi Osei-Tutu returns to the bench! We were led to believe he had to play another under-23s game before he had anymore involvement, but he has come straight back in among the replacements. Great to see him back :thumbright: :bluebird:

STILL NO LEE TOMLIN / STILL NOT FIT.

STARTING 11

Alex Smithies
Tom Sang
Curtis Nelson
Aden Flint
Ciaron Brown
Perry Ng
Will Vaulks
Marlon Pack
Harry Wilson
Josh Murphy
Kieffer Moore

SUBSTITUTES

Dillon Phillips
Jordi Osei-Tutu
Joe Ralls
Jonny Williams
Rubin Colwill
Junior Hoilett
Sheyi Ojo
Mark Harris
Max Watters

Re: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:02 pm

Ralls for Pack, otherwise cant complain

Re: WOW 4 CHANGES: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:03 pm

Four changes to the starting XI - Smithies, NG, @joshmurphy65 & @harrywilson_ come in! :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY TEAM TODAY "

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:06 pm

fred keenor wrote:Ralls for Pack, otherwise cant complain

I’d keep Ralls on bench but otherwise I agree.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:08 pm

Vaulks and Pack again :banghead:

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:10 pm

Bacuna correctly dropped from match day line up after his last 2 performances as well.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:11 pm

I also think that Phillips is unlucky. Maybe Smithes is the more vocal without Morrison there.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:11 pm

Alex Smithies replaces Dillon Phillips in goal, while Perry Ng finally returns to the back line in place of Joe Ralls at left back.

Harry Wilson returns in place of Leandro Bacuna, who is o ut of the squad all together. We can only presume that is an injury.

Josh Murphy comes in instead of Jonny Williams, too, for a far more attacking-looking side to what we have seen since the international break.

Important to note that Jordi Osei-Tutu returns to the bench! We were led to believe he had to play another under-23s game before he had anymore involvement, but he has come straight back in among the replacements. Great to see him back.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:15 pm

STILL NO LEE TOMLIN / STILL NOT FIT / SHOCKING

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:17 pm

A positive selection. It has the feeling of our last chance and McCarthy is going for it. Vauks should have been dropped. Awful last week

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:18 pm

TEAM NEWS

Cardiff City XI: Smithies; Nelson, Flint, Brown; Sang, Vaulks, Pack, Ng; Wilson, Murphy, Moore.

Subs: Phillips, Osei-Tutu, Ralls, Williams, Colwill, Hoilett, Ojo, Watters, Harris.

Blackburn Rovers XI: Kaminski; Nyambe, Lenihan, Harwood-Bellis, Douglas; Trybull, Travis, Johnson; Elliott, Armstrong, Gallagher

Subs: Pears, Branthwaite, Bennett, Bell, Downing, Davenport, Holtby, Dolan, Brereton

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:24 pm

Still no rest for Moore, playing with 10 men again.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:STILL NO LEE TOMLIN / STILL NOT FIT / SHOCKING

It is shocking Annis, especially considering LT was awarded an extension to his contract by Neil Harris last season...

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:38 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Still no rest for Moore, playing with 10 men again.

A bit harsh. Moore needs willing runners around him. He was very isolated on Monday. Murphy and Wilson are our best two to support him.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:42 pm

I would have started with a back 4 with no Morrison.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:54 pm

Glad Ralls is dropped. I would’ve put Colwill in instead of Vaulks and it’s good to see Hoilett and Tutu on the bench.
Got a great feeling for today and on the back of that 5-0 drubbing.
Come on city let’s ‘av it :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:55 pm

Why is 5 at the back now a must ?

Sang has done OK but he is not a wing back, we don't have natural width and I guess NG is on the wrong side, so why ?????

I wouldn't start with PacK in a 3 never mind a two. 3 vs 2 in the middle again means we'll lose the middle and live of scraps with no front foot ball.

We are sacrificing a championship centre midfielder to play another centre half of dubious quality. it doesn't make sense to me, but hey MM is the manager and i'll forget all this with a victory.

gone for City win BTTS as i doubt this will be to nil

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:04 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:

A bit harsh. Moore needs willing runners around him. He was very isolated on Monday. Murphy and Wilson are our best two to support him.

The poor guy is knackered, not a reflection on his ability at all.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:08 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

Moore starts again :banghead:

The poor guy is knackered, not a reflection on his ability at all.