Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY ALMOST HAD A NEW OWNER '

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:14 am

The soon-to-be Derby County owner has said to the media that he held talks with Cardiff City And Sheffield Wednesday, and he has been in discussion with the teams for a while.

So if he did get the job at Cardiff we could've had a new owner and said our goodbyes to Vincent Tan.
I still would prefer Vincent Tan because apart from the early years of being red under him he has been a great owner for Cardiff and I cant imagine Cardiff without him.

Derby County’s prospective owner Erik Alonso tells media he was ‘talking’ to Cardiff City, Sheffield Wednesday previously

Inside Cardiff City

Saturday 10th April 2021

Derby County’s prospective new owner Erik Alonso has revealed that he’s previously spoken to both Cardiff City and Sheffield Wednesday about a takeover, as his Derby arrival nears completion.

Alonso, 29, is looking likely to become the new owner of Derby County. Reports earlier in the week claimed that the Spaniard had reached an agreement to take full control of the club, pending EFL approval.

There’s been no suggestions that the deal has hit a stumbling block as of yet, and Derbyshire Live claim they’re unaware of the ‘price’ of the takeover, but reminded us that Sheikh Khaled’s previous takeover bid at Pride Park neared £60million in value.

Speaking to Spanish outlet El Espanol, Alonso has given a rare insight into the takeover.

“What happens is that the person who has to approve the operation is on vacation until the 12th,” he explained. “A second-rate club in England is between 70 and 120m.

“We had been talking to various clubs for a while, we spoke with Cardiff City and we spoke with Sheffield Wednesday

“Our club profile is not going to be that of a profligate club, we are not going to waste money. You have to invest in the club, but you are not going to do crazy things.

“You are going to bring young players who come to compete, who come with the goal of going up to the Premier League and for them to see that they can become footballers.”

Alonso has drummed up some controversy since his Derby County takeover bid has sprung into life. He was loosely and surprisingly linked with the club earlier in the year but those links seemed to die down.

That was before this week when reports credited Alonso with an actual takeover bid, and now it looks like the bid is solely waiting on EFL approval before completion.

We knew about Alonso’s failed bid to buy Sheffield Wednesday but t’s equally as interesting to hear him citing Cardiff City, who’ve been under the ownership of Vincent Tan for a fair while now.

Either way, if the deal passes EFL approval then there’s no reason why Derby County fans should think ill of Alonso – that is unless the EFL’s Fit and Proper isn’t fit and proper itself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CARDIFF CITY ALMOST HAD A NEW OWNER

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:22 am

Its time for Tan to move on :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:23 am

Tan has lost interest in his toy, Cardiff City, i think he has watched us about once in three years. :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:35 am

I really hope we get a good new owner soon, as I know Vincent Tan has lost all interest in Cardiff City and we need an owner who not just has money but honestly is interested in Cardiff City :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:45 am

barnet blue wrote:Its time for Tan to move on :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Any suitable prospective owners lined up to replace him?

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY ALMOST HAD A NEW OWNER '

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:52 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -club.html

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:53 am

maccydee wrote:
barnet blue wrote:Its time for Tan to move on :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Not yet but people are showing interest as the thread indicates.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:00 am

Replies FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:00 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Not yet but people are showing interest as the thread indicates.

Yeah the guy taking over Derby looks class.

Wish we had a self proclaimed boxing world champion.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:01 am

Reply Twitter:

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:08 am

How many billionaires are lining up to buy us? Let's be realistic we are in the middle of a pandemic and have an owner who has lost huge revenues personally bit still covers out bills.

Just to be clear Cardiff City lose.money each month. For this I am thankful Tan is here.

Let's be very honest, those who want Tan out it's due to the rebrand farce. Other than that he hasn't done much wrong other than deliver 2 promotions to the Premier league....Personally the rebrand was huge for me and I almost gave up on the club I love so much. However, a strength I recognise is Tan did revert us back whether it was his mum, business reasons it doesn't matter. The rebrand for me will never be forgotten but forgiveness is the greatest strength of all.

Rebrand aside Tan is the best owner we have ever had...

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:22 am

People wouldn't mind this guy as our owner? I Would like a change of owner but not a 29yr old boxer who by sounds of it stands in front of mirror saying how good he looks!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:25 am

pembroke allan wrote:People wouldn't mind this guy as our owner? I Would like a change of owner but not a 29yr old boxer who by sounds of it stands in front of mirror saying how good he looks!

If he’s telling the truth?

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:27 am

pembroke allan wrote:People wouldn't mind this guy as our owner? I Would like a change of owner but not a 29yr old boxer who by sounds of it stands in front of mirror saying how good he looks!

What did you do when u passed the mirror at 29 year old? :roll: ;) I defo wasn't scared of the mirror back then! :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:29 am

ThomasC wrote:

What did you do when u passed the mirror at 29 year old? :roll: ;) I defo wasn't scared of the mirror back then! :ayatollah:

I Just smiled at it! :mrgreen:

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:31 am

maccydee wrote:

If he’s telling the truth?

Read about him sounds bit like that guy who tried take over man u ...... but hey ho there are some funny football owners out there thats for sure .

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:37 am

pembroke allan wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Oooh some get all the luck :lol: :thumbup:

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:39 am

ThomasC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Oooh some get all the luck :lol: :thumbup:

Yes lucky as i didn't crack the mirror ! :laughing6:

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:49 am

Hes just said if needs to spend 20m they will and if need spend 150m they will but depends ( didn't say on what though )

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:23 pm

I'll keep my thoughts until the end of the season, but you know me, and a new owner is a MUST.

There is one owner who, supposedly, has the money, 100% knows football, loves Cardiff City and will guarantee entertainment. It seems though that Tan has ensured that ship may have sailed.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:31 pm

Barclay1 wrote:I'll keep my thoughts until the end of the season, but you know me, and a new owner is a MUST.

There is one owner who, supposedly, has the money, 100% knows football, loves Cardiff City and will guarantee entertainment. It seems though that Tan has ensured that ship may have sailed.

I love what Sam did for this club. But some would argue that owner had his chance and under him it might have been entertaining but not always for the right reasons.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:49 pm

maccydee wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:I'll keep my thoughts until the end of the season, but you know me, and a new owner is a MUST.

I love what Sam did for this club. But some would argue that owner had his chance and under him it might have been entertaining but not always for the right reasons.

I understand Sam was like marmite, and as much as I thought he was the best thing that ever happened for this club, others will have feelings every bit as strong against him.

Sam did have his chance, but I'm of the opinion that he deserves a second chance to finish off what he started.

Feom the outide it seems that pride is the only reason Tan refuses to entertain Hammam. Tan has been very much appreciated, but never loved with the same fervour as Sam in his prime.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:08 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

I understand Sam was like marmite, and as much as I thought he was the best thing that ever happened for this club, others will have feelings every bit as strong against him.

Sam did have his chance, but I'm of the opinion that he deserves a second chance to finish off what he started.

Feom the outide it seems that pride is the only reason Tan refuses to entertain Hammam. Tan has been very much appreciated, but never loved with the same fervour as Sam in his prime.

After the mess we were left in it’s a risk. I do still think fondly of Sam though. We certainly weren’t going anywhere before he arrived.

It would be exciting.

What would half the posts on this board be about then though if not subtle digs at Tan and the committee?

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:23 pm

Haha! Not sure Im subtle??

Dont worry, fans will always have something to moan about. Owner, manager, players, crowds, EFL, Jacks.........

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:30 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Haha! Not sure Im subtle??

Dont worry, fans will always have something to moan about. Owner, manager, players, crowds, EFL, Jacks.........

I think court cases and selling players to pay wages might be a bigger moan than what we currently have to moan about.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:47 pm

The game has moved on since Sam and so has the finances. The championship is a billionaire's plaything not loads of loan notes and short term bonds.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:59 pm

llan bluebird wrote:The game has moved on since Sam and so has the finances. The championship is a billionaire's plaything not loads of loan notes and short term bonds.

Maybe he wants to borrow a load of money which he pays for from a wage he takes from the club and then loan us that money at high interest.

It would have been different had he been able to deliver the retail park but sadly it didn’t happen like he wanted and the rugby chaps made their money out of it instead.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:12 pm

If the choice was Derby's new bloke or Tan I'd be choosing Tan hands down. Sounds like he's doing it more for a laugh and immediate gratification than a business venture. Wouldn't be surprised to see him throw a shit load of cash at the project and leaving within ~5 seasons with the club in the mud.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:15 pm

[quote="llan bluebird"]The game has moved on since Sam and so has the finances. The championship is a billionaire's plaything not loads of loan notes and short term bonds.[

Bullshit

Tan he stripped my club of its identity, pride and love :cry:
The club May as well have been dead during those days :cry:

Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:18 pm

maccydee wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:The game has moved on since Sam and so has the finances. The championship is a billionaire's plaything not loads of loan notes and short term bonds.

Maybe he wants to borrow a load of money which he pays for from a wage he takes from the club and then loan us that money at high interest.

It would have been different had he been able to deliver the retail park but sadly it didn’t happen like he wanted and the rugby chaps made their money out of it instead.

maybe he wants to borrow etc etc etc...you mean what happens everywhere ?