Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Disappointed with MM '

Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:01 am

Firstly, well done to MM for doing such a good job since he has been here. However, I was disappointed with his comments yesterday.

Secondly, he gave no positive indication on Junior playing soon. I find this incredible especially when he said that those playing either side of Moore had done so well. I cannot agree that Murphy, Wilson, Bacuna and Ojo have been that great. Is Junior really not better than them and worth a chance? In addition he said Moore was knackered. We all agree with that.

BUT you can change formations and we could play 442 with Wattage and Harris given a run. We could support that with 2 widemen. Presently our system is so predictable. His comments means that we will have a back up to Moore next year but that means the current forwards still won’t get a look in as we will still play the predictable way. He also says Vassell is a good player who is coming on. Absolutely NO for next year.

Don’t count him in the plans ad he will break down again and then we will be in the same position as we are currently in.

Finally. Tomlin must go. His level of fitness as a professional is not good enough and he costs the club far too much money. He will never fit in with MM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Disappointed with MM '

Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:54 am

Four or five at the back same problems are there.

Who plays left back? If NG who plays right back?

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:00 am

That Press Conference yesterday cast the die for the next 2 years

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:26 am

Brezza wrote:Firstly, well done to MM for doing such a good job since he has been here. However, I was disappointed with his comments yesterday.

Secondly, he gave no positive indication on Junior playing soon. I find this incredible especially when he said that those playing either side of Moore had done so well. I cannot agree that Murphy, Wilson, Bacuna and Ojo have been that great. Is Junior really not better than them and worth a chance? In addition he said Moore was knackered. We all agree with that.

BUT you can change formations and we could play 442 with Wattage and Harris given a run. We could support that with 2 widemen. Presently our system is so predictable. His comments means that we will have a back up to Moore next year but that means the current forwards still won’t get a look in as we will still play the predictable way. He also says Vassell is a good player who is coming on. Absolutely NO for next year.

Don’t count him in the plans ad he will break down again and then we will be in the same position as we are currently in.

Finally. Tomlin must go. His level of fitness as a professional is not good enough and he costs the club far too much money. He will never fit in with MM.

I like Wattage - he's a bright spark!

Seriously though you make some fair points. :thumbup:

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:32 am

Now we are out of the playoffs I am not sure we should be playing anyone who won't be here next season apart from Wilson who is obviously better than what we have. I rate Hoilett but he won't be with us next season neither will Ojo. So play Murphy and maybe give Keiron Evans a run out. Colwill should get plenty of game time too. It's all about next season now and we won't be able to pay much money for anyone so let's see who is capable of stepping up from the under 23s.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:39 am

Some of his comments have been a piss take. We didn't play badly...we got dicked 5-0 Mick. Our defence has done well...not recently. ralls has done well...hes not a defender no he hasn't. Bacuna has done well playing forward...he had 1 good game. I picked a team that I thought was best...consisted of 6CMs. I didnt make changes as I wanted to see a reaction... the team was 3-0 dowm and the reaction was to concede more goals. Moore looks knackered...but continues to play him.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:43 am

Crayfish wrote:Now we are out of the playoffs I am not sure we should be playing anyone who won't be here next season apart from Wilson who is obviously better than what we have. I rate Hoilett but he won't be with us next season neither will Ojo. So play Murphy and maybe give Keiron Evans a run out. Colwill should get plenty of game time too. It's all about next season now and we won't be able to pay much money for anyone so let's see who is capable of stepping up from the under 23s.

Id probably give it one more game. If we win and Bournemouth/reading lose we still have an outside chance with reading to play coming up. Otherwise I agree, start bleeding the youngsters in now ready for next season.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:10 pm

Brezza wrote:Firstly, well done to MM for doing such a good job since he has been here. However, I was disappointed with his comments yesterday.

what exactly do ..... no to vassell and ...Tomlin must go mean.... are you suggesting they get called in and are given a full years pay and asked to leave ?

Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:46 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Some of his comments have been a piss take. We didn't play badly...we got dicked 5-0 Mick. Our defence has done well...not recently. ralls has done well...hes not a defender no he hasn't. Bacuna has done well playing forward...he had 1 good game. I picked a team that I thought was best...consisted of 6CMs. I didnt make changes as I wanted to see a reaction... the team was 3-0 dowm and the reaction was to concede more goals. Moore looks knackered...but continues to play him.

Well summed up Lou.

Will be interesting to see his selection tomorrow!
And if the players give us a positive reaction and try at least to pass to each other.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:47 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Some of his comments have been a piss take. We didn't play badly...we got dicked 5-0 Mick. Our defence has done well...not recently. ralls has done well...hes not a defender no he hasn't. Bacuna has done well playing forward...he had 1 good game. I picked a team that I thought was best...consisted of 6CMs. I didnt make changes as I wanted to see a reaction... the team was 3-0 dowm and the reaction was to concede more goals. Moore looks knackered...but continues to play him.

You make some excellent points. When your manager makes so many statements that look absolute bollocks it's hard not to lose faith. I like Mick but he's got his favourites just like Harris did.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:07 pm

If Tomlin is offered a new deal, it must surely be on a pay as you play basis?

Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:10 pm

BC-CB wrote:If Tomlin is offered a new deal, it must surely be on a pay as you play basis?

wring thread maybe ?

Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:32 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Well summed up Lou.

And if the players give us a positive reaction and try at least to pass to each other.

We need a big performance tomorrow after the last game. Dont hold your breath regarding the passing though :lol:

Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:21 pm

I`ve been quite interested as I suppose everyone is about getting rid of (insert name of various players) but the truth is they are on £20k plus a week? The club is essentially stuck with all these whoever you think, Hoillett is another legs have gone, Bacuna as well. With covid adding to money worries none of them are going anywhere unless the club starts saying heres a million to go. Anyone and I don`t know who, perhaps someone could name them whose contract is up at the end of this season will be gone. Tomlin who is brilliant when he`s fit is another waste of time, never fit , we`ve even still got Vassell for the same reason !!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:43 pm

oxfordblue wrote:That Press Conference yesterday cast the die for the next 2 years

Bang on the money

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:26 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Well summed up Lou.

We need a big performance tomorrow after the last game. Dont hold your breath regarding the passing though :lol:

I thought after the first few games, our pass success rate would go up some, glad I didn't hold my breath, this team has a pass rate of just around 50%!! Anyone who thinks that is good enough in a division below the best league in the world needs therapy imho, how can you really compete when half the time the ball goes to an opponent, or out of play? It's not just lately either imo, even as far back as warnock's reign our passing was piss poor.the younger generations are playing a better passing game, than the senior team :oops: give a couple a turn, perhaps they can improve the teams ability to find a team mate?? :old: :bluebird: