Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

9 years tomorrow

Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Since 9/11. Mad. Doesn't seem like that long ago. The images of people throwing themselves out of the buildings will live with me forever. No matter how much some people dislike Americans, its hard not to feel sorry for them after this unimaginable horror. People are still dying from the dust intake. The whole event didn't and still doesn't feel real.

This isn't a thread intended to get into the politics behind it, merely a thread to commemorate those innocent people that died.

RIP

Re: 9 years tomorrow

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:31 pm

I spent half a day wandering around in them in '97, The sheer scale of them was astonishing.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:31 pm

Sad day in world history

USA USA USA

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Agreed. RIP all who died :(

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:38 pm

PhatFrog wrote:Since 9/11. Mad. Doesn't seem like that long ago. The images of people throwing themselves out of the buildings will live with me forever. No matter how much some people dislike Americans, its hard not to feel sorry for them after this unimaginable horror. People are still dying from the dust intake. The whole event didn't and still doesn't feel real.

This isn't a thread intended to get into the politics behind it, merely a thread to commemorate those innocent people that died.

RIP

Agree. I remember I was in London the day it happened and was waiting for the joke 'punchline' when told it had happened. I still think the vision of the planes hitting the building was surreal, as if it was a Hollyood movie effect....

I am going up to London immediately after the game on Saturday for a memorial (Sunday) for all those who lost their lives (including passengers, firefighters, police and others) on that sad sad day....

Respect to the innocent people who died and to the families and loved ones they left behind and maybe just a moments thought from each of us for their suffering

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:40 pm

Interesting one for Family Guy viewers.
Seth Macfarlene the creator, writer and voices of the show was due to be on the second plane that hit the toers but due to a hangover and wrong time given he missed it and the rest is history. Imagine the feeling :o

Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:16 pm

very very sad day, it doesnt seem that long ago time goes so fast...

The people responsible should hang for it, but they are untouchable.

dont worry though, there is now enough to oil to keep the western machine ticking over for another century.....

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:58 am

craigo wrote:very very sad day, it doesnt seem that long ago time goes so fast...

The people responsible should hang for it, but they are untouchable.

dont worry though, there is now enough to oil to keep the western machine ticking over for another century.....

There had to be one to spoil it :roll:

Nathan, I never knew that. Can't imagine what he felt like when it happened.