Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DOGS, SOMETIMES ARE NOT MANS BEST FRIEND.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:22 pm

:o

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2010/09/10/ ... id-collie/

Re: DOGS, SOMETIMES ARE NOT MANS BEST FRIEND.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:55 pm

nobby wrote::o

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2010/09/10/ ... id-collie/

I blame the owners, a Dog in my opinion is how an owner has brought him up or treated him.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I blame the owners, a Dog in my opinion is how an owner has brought him up or treated him.

Totally agree, whenever a case like this comes up, the owner should always be punished, even if it is the grandmother.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Totally agree. :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:13 pm

Give me a dog over most humans :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:15 pm

Marc wrote:Give me a dog over most humans :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ive got 2 dogs, they are the most loyal and trustworthy animals and are definitely mans best friend.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:17 pm

My dog is f*cking lovely and wouldnt harm a fly. When my baby son was in ICU in hospital my mrs stayed in and my other kids were at my parents house Bartley (my spaniel) was my only companion. He knew that i was upset. He stayed by my side and was a true friend.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:24 pm

My cousins Labrador has recently been put down. Gutted. Gorgeous dog and really really friendly. Agree with Annis on a dog can only be as good as its owner.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:55 pm

I have qualifications in dog psychology and dog behaviour and am a so called (not by me) expert. I firmly believe that descendants of wolves, no matter how domesticated, are pack animals and need to be treated as such. This happens in hardly any households thus the reason for behavioural issues. A dog requires consistent strong leadership from its pack leader (owner). If this starts at the earliest opportunity and continues the dog will quickly assume and accept it's position in the pack (family). This of course being at the bottom! People often get this wrong. By treating the dog as a fellow human. By nurturing and rewarding bad behaviour and by not being disciplined, assertive and calm in their leadership. I work to educate people. This in turn gives families and dogs happy lives together. The majority if not all of canine issues are man made and man can reverse!

In the case mentioned, nobody probably not even the owner knows if the dog has issues or certainly why this occurred. In addition no-one knows the circumstances surrounding the incident. Did the child do something to the dog in order for the dog to react - I'm sure we'll never know. One thing is certain. The events are not the childs fault and my heart goes out to him and his family and hope he makes a speedy recovery.

I cant here these posh country farmer types calling for Collies to be destroyed as they do when a staff attacks! All dogs can be dangerous. It's up to the owner to ensure they are not!

Anyway, enough of work. Come on CITY!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:33 pm

An old colleague from work used to say that about his dog. One shift he was working overtime when his missus rang up the works and yelled at them to talk to her husband. When he phoned home she told him to not to come home EVER !!
What happened she took the dog out for a walk and let it of the lead and the dog ran off straight to the front door of a Woman he had been having an affair with where the other woman always put a bowl out for the dog.
After my mate used to say they are supposed to be Mans best friend !! not my Fucker. :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:22 pm

01443casual wrote:I have qualifications in dog psychology and dog behaviour and am a so called (not by me) expert. I firmly believe that descendants of wolves, no matter how domesticated, are pack animals and need to be treated as such. This happens in hardly any households thus the reason for behavioural issues. A dog requires consistent strong leadership from its pack leader (owner). If this starts at the earliest opportunity and continues the dog will quickly assume and accept it's position in the pack (family). This of course being at the bottom! People often get this wrong. By treating the dog as a fellow human. By nurturing and rewarding bad behaviour and by not being disciplined, assertive and calm in their leadership. I work to educate people. This in turn gives families and dogs happy lives together. The majority if not all of canine issues are man made and man can reverse!

In the case mentioned, nobody probably not even the owner knows if the dog has issues or certainly why this occurred. In addition no-one knows the circumstances surrounding the incident. Did the child do something to the dog in order for the dog to react - I'm sure we'll never know. One thing is certain. The events are not the childs fault and my heart goes out to him and his family and hope he makes a speedy recovery.

I cant here these posh country farmer types calling for Collies to be destroyed as they do when a staff attacks! All dogs can be dangerous. It's up to the owner to ensure they are not!

Anyway, enough of work. Come on CITY!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Very very interesting, that reminds me off my Husky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:32 pm

Dogs like us humans can at times be unpredictable,all that inter-breading cant help much either,(the dogs that is) :o ,i would`nt want to clean up all that shite up after them either :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: