Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What fist attracted you to watch Cardiff City?

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Apart from it being your local side. What made you go?

For me it was reading the reports in the paper and seeing the action (on the terraces) on the news. It seemed exciting, it was.

Re: What fist attracted you to watch Cardiff City?

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:20 pm

that should read first but was an accidental pun. :lol:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:27 pm

My church choir running a trip to an evening match ----hated the thought but once in i was hooked!! (it was in the 70's and we lost 3-2 to Bristol Shitty or Rovers if i remember rightly) :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:28 pm

I'm sure there been a few buses booked by "choirs" over the years squire :lol:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:31 pm

Funniest thing was all these lads one minute singing like fekin angels and then pissed and chanting on the Bob Bank --- priceless!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:43 pm

all the lads askng me to stand on the grange end with them and sample it .. ahh great times :)

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Nothing really as my dad and grampa took me down as a kid so didn't know what was up really

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:59 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:Nothing really as my dad and grampa took me down as a kid so didn't know what was up really

Similar really but I did see the love in the eyes of my Dad and Grandad for the club which was mildly mesmerizing! I had to go and see it for myself...the rest as they say is history :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:12 pm

when i was fisting my misses and city were on tv so i thought i gotta go get some of that atmosphere :lol:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:07 am

Cardiff players visited my Junior School in Marshfield in 1972/73 Season, they gave tickets out, I was already mad on football, seen Bury Town 7 times with My Grandfather, he was down here and took me , Following season he moved down here, We both got season tickets and I have since Renewed mine Every season since :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:52 am

There used to be a guy who lived next door to us asked me if i wanted to go to a game i was 8 at the time.Been hooked ever since thr the good and bad times :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:11 pm

My brother (rip) was a staunch bluebird from the late sixties. He got me hooked on the city.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:14 pm

As a young boy being able to spend time with hi's Dad and older brother..... MAGIC. The love of City came later.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Alan Rawlings persuaded me to go with him to Somerton Park, County v City. Got on the train at Pontypool with about 30 others from all over, Blaenavon, Garndiffath, Pontypool, Cwmbran, Abergavenny to name but a few City lost 0-1 and i got the crap beat out of me walking back to the station.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:39 pm

I blame and thank my brother John for putting me through the good and bad times of watching City since my debut in 1969.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:07 pm

To be honest there was nothing "attractive" about city for my first game ( can't even remember the team now)
But they are my team and as soon as they kicked off with a few thousand fans I knew that was it, loved it.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:47 pm

I woke up one day and thought im born in cardiff and must support my local team and not be a plastic !! my plastic allegience was notts forest they had won 2 european cups and my granny rip bought me a forest scard either that or wolves i n them days !! lucky enought i went down the city and the rest as they say is history :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:52 am

Complimentary tickets off Alan Durban 1960 when he was an apprentice

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:29 am

my dad was an exile and went to the away games in london. He would also go to np when we visited my grandparents (RIP) in barry but wouldnt take me. i persuaded him to take me one evening in 82 v newcastle. We won 1-0 and i was hooked!We moved to cardiff not long after and i missed about ten home games until 1989. I've been in exile ever since (carmarthen, bath, wolves, dartford, bradford-on-avon, devizes and andover but have had season tickets along with my boys who are ccfc mad.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:06 am

My family bullied me into it! :D

Nah, in all honesty it wasn't something that really attracted me it was just something I had to do. Something I wanted to do. Something I needed to do. If you're not going to support your home town... who is?! :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:19 am

The Glamour :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:28 am

because I live here

Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:50 pm

I was football mad from the age of 3 and my dad massive city fan from the 60's/70's decided at age 6 to take me and stand on the grange end and I was hooked, held a season ticket for many years but don't get down as much as I'd like to any more,cashflow and I have my nipper on the weekends and he's a bit young to go down the city yet. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Was bored one boxing day, and my mate said why dont you come and watch Cardiff play...So i went...and since then iv never looked back...its been one great adventure.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:16 pm

My dad took me to a game when I was 10 :D

Bluebird ever since :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:18 am

A relative was scouted by City whilst playing for Carmarthen Town, he got me tickets for a City match, shit game and a poor attendance, around 2,000 i think, but I loved every minute of it, never looked back.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:07 pm

My cousin was (still is) a jack b*stard and he took me up to see Merthyr v Swansea in Welsh cup ('89 i think) , but because im from merthyr i stood in the home stand. I instantly took a huge dislike to Swansea City and thought "whats the best way to exercise my hatred for the jack gypos? Support the Bluebirds of course!". Took a few years before i actually got to a game though (lazy pot head).

Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:56 pm

My old man took me and my brother to watch Cardiff City play Real Madrid.

Sort of hooked after that. :old:

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:58 pm

The passion of the fans the build up to the game and the craic with the boys on match :ayatollah: days

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:29 pm

stan wrote:Apart from it being your local side. What made you go?

For me it was reading the reports in the paper and seeing the action (on the terraces) on the news. It seemed exciting, it was.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: