Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: STANDING IN THE NINAIN - LOOK OUT!!

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yes its TRUE Club are Now going to be ZERO TOLERANCE ON STANDING UP IN THE NINIAN STAND.

Mind you, it'll take a brave steward to get some guys to sit down....and even braver to eject them. Is that why they're threatening to take away their season tickets?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps they think they've got enough bandwagon-jumpers to take their places?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:58 pm

WELL f**k THAT

if the twats infront of me stand up i got no bleeding choice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND i dont think they will be able to see me on cam to send me a letter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Majority of the stand where i am are up n down up n down - up when its something worth seeing - down when its just passing round the field - so its fine cant see the problem with that!

BUT boy the jobs worth stewards by me love it and they ask people to tell others to sit ! Fook off n do your job yourself is my attitude and when they get the others to sit down THEN i will!

:lol:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:23 pm

everyone take the letters with you and throw them on the pitch, f**k em! :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:36 pm

By saying in writing that its permitted to stand behind one goal they piss
all over their own chips whan they say its a safety issue.

I reckon the only issue in the Ninian is from people writing in and complaining
and quoting safety regulations.

Family stand or Grandstand for them I say. Just like the old ground.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:09 pm

taffyapple wrote:I reckon the only issue in the Ninian is from people writing in and complaining

Spot on. I went in the Ninian for the Doncaster game to check out a possible swap for my ticket in the Canton. Before it went 3-0 the only shout they had going was "sit down" coming from the supporters behind. I was smack on the halfway and must say it seemed much better down towards the away fans.

I'll be back in the Canton Saturday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:10 pm

So far, the seat next to me in the Canton stand is always 'free' (not a season ticket seat). You are all welcome to come and stand in front of it!! :ayatollah:
I purposely chose the back row of the Canton (row JJ) and also chose the top of an aisle so there are no seats in front of me! I can stand up all game and nobody can moan. With no seats in front, it's the closest I could get to recreating the Grange End!

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:14 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:Wasn't everyone "told" in the new stadium presentations that standing would only be tolerated in the Canton? If you want to stand through the game, shift over there.

True - and if they had enforced those rules as soon as we went to the new stadium then there wouldn't be any issues now. but they didn't, so there are.

Isn't it something to do with safety regulations - couldn't they reduce our capacity if we don't sit down regularly?

What I say is - sit down until the match starts, and sit down at half time. This may keep the stweards happy.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:54 pm

Just glad I am in the Canton.

Got no choice but to stand up where I got my season ticket. :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:05 am

Jez, you stand up anyway dont you :D
:lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:47 am

Magic Hat wrote:
taffyapple wrote:I reckon the only issue in the Ninian is from people writing in and complaining

Spot on. I went in the Ninian for the Doncaster game to check out a possible swap for my ticket in the Canton. Before it went 3-0 the only shout they had going was "sit down" coming from the supporters behind. I was smack on the halfway and must say it seemed much better down towards the away fans.

I'll be back in the Canton Saturday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

is this part of their master plan to oust real fans to make way for the prawn sandwich brigade in preperation for the prem along with removal of certain bubble trips
thoughts :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:21 am

Man Ure fans stand behind the goal EVER GAME and have done since OT was made all seater, and the Kop at Anfield stand as one ever game. Have Liverpool or man Ure had their capacity lowered? Have they bolloxs!

I also had a letter through yesterday, cheeky kents, I've only been to one home game this season!! Also said the club will review selling season tickets in block 117 for next season!

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:04 am

Its all part of this nanny state we live , if they do this in the canton I wont be renewing and joining Billy hunt watching the Martyrs. :D

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:18 am

chippy909 wrote:Jez, you stand up anyway dont you :D
:lol: :lol:

I gotta stand on my seat! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:15 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
The Voice of Reason wrote:Wasn't everyone "told" in the new stadium presentations that standing would only be tolerated in the Canton? If you want to stand through the game, shift over there.

True - and if they had enforced those rules as soon as we went to the new stadium then there wouldn't be any issues now. but they didn't, so there are.

Isn't it something to do with safety regulations - couldn't they reduce our capacity if we don't sit down regularly?

What I say is - sit down until the match starts, and sit down at half time. This may keep the stweards happy.

Its all to do with sanitizing football grounds. The threat to close the ground is just bollocks, else
why are they saying its ok to stand in the Canton?

Its because there are hundreds who chose the Ninian Stand that used to sit in blocks C, D, E in the
old Grandstand. They loved the atmosphere created in blocks A and B, they want a bit of that, but
on their terms (IE your NOT in block A or B anymore, sing by all means but do not stand!)

If nobody complained, there would be no issue (see Canton stand)

There needs to be a serious ORGANISED 'STAND UP' for the next home game after Hull
they cannot ban everyone. Its how Man Utd did it The moaning bastards who are going
to stewards behind peoples backs will soon piss off to the family stand or the posh seats

Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:37 pm

any one else had a letter today? :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:01 pm

milly44 wrote:any one else had a letter today? :ayatollah:

I had a couple of letters....one from the gas board, one from Sky and a couple of the usual shitty 'to the addressee' envelopes.

Nothing from the City though....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:06 pm

Me either i got nothing off the postie from city guess im standing then :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Nobody's ever tried telling me to sit down when I'm down the City.

But that's probably because I sing myself hoarse every game and the people who are around me work out that I'm there to support the team and couldn't give a f**k for anyone or anything else. If there's a family with small children behind me I'll offer to swap seats and I won't ever swear, but if they won't take up that option then I'm afraid I've been as fair as I can.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:51 pm

We all stand when we attack or when we got a penalty is it going to get that bad that we get excited that we will be banned.

I sit and stand at times however I understand if supporters stand all 90 minutes then someone who is sat behind may find it annoying.

I have to agree that the club made it clear from the start if you wanted to stand then please go in the Canton as all other stands will not be tolarated and you will be warned 3 times then you will be banned

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:26 pm

Taffyapple stated:

"If nobody complained, there would be no issue (see Canton stand)

Followed by:

"There needs to be a serious ORGANISED 'STAND UP' for the next home game after Hull
they cannot ban everyone. Its how Man Utd did it The moaning bastards who are going
to stewards behind peoples backs will soon piss off to the family stand or the posh seats"

With respect, what selfish planet are you on????

Personally, I'd rather stand....but unlike a fair number of others I have an appreciation of why we are required to stand down (read the antics of the red half of Scouseland and the Safety at Sports Grounds Act) and also for the people around me (which includes shorties, women and children) who either cannot se when everyone stands up or (possibly through some disability) CANNOT stand up easily everytime the ball crosses the halfway line....

As for 'going to the stewards behind people's backs' I can assure you the people around me are more than capable of telling the 'offenders' themselves (and do so frquently) but there are a some who are 'intimidated' by drunken fans whenever they try to reason with them, so WTF do you expect????

RESPECT is a big but oft unused word in modern society....but just a little thought about others needs and feeelings would occasionally be nice....

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:31 pm

They can't actually do that,

Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:31 am

milly44 wrote:today a few mates of mine have today recieved letters from cardiff city.

it is aimed at fans who are SEATED in the NINIAN STAND, the club have put letters out to fans stating that if they are seen or caught standing up saturday they will have there season tickets taken off them.

what about everyone who stands in the canton, what about the away fans, your not gonna get them sat down.

it seems a bit of a hitler approach is going to be taken by stewards saturday with millwall coming the week after, (there may not be any seats left then anyway) :lol:

another point, if cardiff were to allow a standing area as such, then the club would have to lose 10% of there capacity.

would this be done if we were getting crowds of 12,000?? , would it be done if we didnt have a star studded line up?? seems like the club are panicking, i think it will cause more trouble that is worth.........JOBSWORTHS!!

thoughts??

IT'S THE LAW AND SORRY TO SAY YOU WILL HAVE TO ABIDE BY IT OR LOOSE YOUR SEASON TICKET,

:old: AND STILL SLEEPLESS IN CANTON. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:13 pm

I got that letter the other day, my season ticket seat is right next to the away fans at the back of the Ninian.. I thought it wouldn't work but at the Hull game today everyone sat down.. completley killed the atmosphere.

On a positive note: OLOFINJANA SCORED AGAINST HIS PARENT CLUB :twisted: AND RAE SCORED :lol:

:ayatollah:

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:57 am

AN EXCELLENT DEBATE Milly :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Conclusion

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22186 :evil:

Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:AN EXCELLENT DEBATE Milly :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Conclusion

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22186 :evil:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:41 pm

just out of intrest annis, or anyone for that matter.

usually when stewards come round telling you all to sit down, its greeeted with ''STAND UP IF YOU HATE SWANSEA''
didnt even hear that yesterday, and you usually can from the canton stand loud and clear. i kept loooking over it was depressing.

did people just accept it then?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:23 pm

Has anyone brought it to the attention of the club about possibly setting up a singing section in the ninian as well as the one in the canton?

Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:00 pm

Atmosphere was poor yesterday!

bit difference to the 117 boys being sat down i reckon!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:09 pm

EXCELLENT DEBATE Milly :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But Sadly it wont get us any where :evil: