Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STANDING IN THE NINAIN - LOOK OUT!!

Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:34 pm

today a few mates of mine have today recieved letters from cardiff city.

it is aimed at fans who are SEATED in the NINIAN STAND, the club have put letters out to fans stating that if they are seen or caught standing up saturday they will have there season tickets taken off them.

what about everyone who stands in the canton, what about the away fans, your not gonna get them sat down.

it seems a bit of a hitler approach is going to be taken by stewards saturday with millwall coming the week after, (there may not be any seats left then anyway) :lol:

another point, if cardiff were to allow a standing area as such, then the club would have to lose 10% of there capacity.

would this be done if we were getting crowds of 12,000?? , would it be done if we didnt have a star studded line up?? seems like the club are panicking, i think it will cause more trouble that is worth.........JOBSWORTHS!!

thoughts??

Re: STANDING IN THE NINAIN - LOOK OUT!!

Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:39 pm

I hope that this wont apply for the Canton its standing up that creates the atmosphere

Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:46 pm

Born2bblue wrote:I hope that this wont apply for the Canton its standing up that creates the atmosphere

only to the ninain stand for now. it will be an atmosphere killer, can see it causing more trouble than its worth :roll:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:50 pm

I totally agree with you we are Cardiff City that is what we do we stand and we sing together

It wont be the same down there if this is a permanent fixture

Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:56 pm

Wasn't everyone "told" in the new stadium presentations that standing would only be tolerated in the Canton? If you want to stand through the game, shift over there.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:04 pm

They will find it hard to ask people to sit when the likes of Millwall Leeds Bristol and the jacks are playing

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:04 pm

a steward told me at the last match to sit down as i was being filmed, he also said letters where going to be sent. i havent had one though.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:15 pm

rob wrote:a steward told me at the last match to sit down as i was being filmed, he also said letters where going to be sent. i havent had one though.

500 have been sent out............pathetic!!

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:16 pm

500 !! for fecks sake, are they trying to drive fans away ?

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:18 pm

also i noticed the malasians and the top nobs all stand. have they been sent letters?

Just tell them your piles are playing up. :lol: :roll:

rob wrote:500 !! for fecks sake, are they trying to drive fans away ?

cant see many having bums on seats when millwall come down, i think thats the reason theyve picked this week, a sort of trial run i guess.

they even started coming into the canton last game but didnt get very far :lol:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:19 pm

nobby wrote:Just tell them your piles are playing up. :lol: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: farmers :lol:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Im right by segration end and havent had a letter i paid my seaason ticket money up front i stand and sing but also sit down surely theres a compromise its just getting silly and where i am most people stand anyway during a good spell of the game if we are on top singing away but we also sit down and nobody complained yet. The stewards have said to sit down which normally arises with " stand up if you hate Swansea" just to stand again but we do sit down through the match. Jobsworths again we are defo in a nanny state im sure ill have two new season ticket holders sat each side of me. Names should ring a bell Mr. Health and Mr. Safety .

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:24 pm

a few of my mates got a letter through the post today, but i belive abother 500 have been sent out today. :roll:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:25 pm

i also stand while singing, and stand at exciting moments. but then i sit as well. i see this as a perfectly fair compromise

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:27 pm

It's alot of bollocks - nothing more or nothing less. Just absolute bollocks.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:31 pm

ill be standing on Saturday.......f**k em !!

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:42 pm

RE;- Malaysians standing they can stand there bollock naked if they want :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:45 pm

beddau blue wrote:RE;- Malaysians standing they can stand there bollock naked if they want :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

get you cock out TG
get you cock out TG ;)

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Not sure if this is really to do with the Millwall game coming up. When was the last time Millwall actually had a travelling support anyway? Last few times they played at Ninian Park, there were only a couple of hundred there. This was possibly because they were mid-week games I suppose. There were a lot of Millwall fans at the season opening game about 10 years ago of course. Well anyway, it remains to be seen if they will bring many to this game.

Standing up or not, the atmosphere is still pretty bad at the ground. Does seem pretty bad the approach they're taking to it though, ie. sending letters of warning. I suppose there are the football league rules. I think the Lib Dems promised to try and tackle these laws, so as they do have some power, maybe something will be done about it. The Ipswich fans passing over their banner to us saying "keep standing" was one of the best things I saw at Ninian Park - just a shame it was on the back of a crucial 3-0 defeat!

Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:01 pm

rob wrote:i also stand while singing, and stand at exciting moments. but then i sit as well. i see this as a perfectly fair compromise

agreed :ayatollah:

PtB wrote:It's alot of bollocks - nothing more or nothing less. Just absolute bollocks.

totally agreed :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:14 pm

PtB wrote:It's alot of bollocks - nothing more or nothing less. Just absolute bollocks.

So basically "its bollocks" then :lol:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:40 pm

I do accept that they said 'standing is only in the Canton' but there are a lot of people who have always watched the game from the side of the pitch rather than from behind the goal... and stood up doing that. I think the club should introduce 'standing lenient blocks' in the Ninian Stand so that those who want to stand and not have to move behind the goal should be able to. It makes sense.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:49 pm

look its rather simple, the football league and the football safety people are always threatening clubs that they would cut capacity of stadiums if they dont tackle persistent standing. So the club needs to be seen to be tackling the 'problem', so they dont lose capacity, but i doubt your season tickets are going to be cancelled i think the club is just covering its own back.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:52 pm

i recieved a letter today it says people who persistantly stand could have their season tickets suspended or cancelled, it also says that they will review whether to sell season tickets for block 117 at the end of the season what the hell are they playing at theres a feel good factor around the club at the moment and then they start sending letters like this out to season ticket holders pissing people off, if they don't sell season tickets for 117 next season it will totally kill what little atmosphere the stadium has :evil:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:17 pm

i understand the club must be seen to be doing something about persistent stading in the eyes of the football league and whoever else..... but they seem to be going very heavy handed about it, almost as if they agree that a matched should be watched by spectators who sit and clap.

Reduced stadium capacity? Dont make me laugh, when was the last time the Kop or Gwladys steet end for example had empty seats due to capacity reduction for persistent standing?

And the point made about TG standing is a valid one, is there a ruling that states directors are exempt?

Its all a bit rediculous, and is really doing harm to the great tradition of football matches and great atmoshperes.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:25 pm

the blue path wrote:i recieved a letter today it says people who persistantly stand could have their season tickets suspended or cancelled, it also says that they will review whether to sell season tickets for block 117 at the end of the season what the hell are they playing at theres a feel good factor around the club at the moment and then they start sending letters like this out to season ticket holders pissing people off, if they don't sell season tickets for 117 next season it will totally kill what little atmosphere the stadium has :evil:

you wont be the only one :cry:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:47 pm

milly44 wrote:today a few mates of mine have today recieved letters from cardiff city.

it is aimed at fans who are SEATED in the NINIAN STAND, the club have put letters out to fans stating that if they are seen or caught standing up saturday they will have there season tickets taken off them.

what about everyone who stands in the canton, what about the away fans, your not gonna get them sat down.

it seems a bit of a hitler approach is going to be taken by stewards saturday with millwall coming the week after, (there may not be any seats left then anyway) :lol:

another point, if cardiff were to allow a standing area as such, then the club would have to lose 10% of there capacity.

would this be done if we were getting crowds of 12,000?? , would it be done if we didnt have a star studded line up?? seems like the club are panicking, i think it will cause more trouble that is worth.........JOBSWORTHS!!

thoughts??

First of all the boring bit. Cardiff City (and all other clubs) are required under the Safety at Sports Grounds Act (or similar) to provide and ensure the seating of ALL spectators at their grounds. For SPECTATORS that includes the tall, short, wide, narrow, old, young, often the infirm and even the feckless....and even YOU (whoever YOU might be!!) lol :old:

Now, there are legitimate reasons whys seating was introduced into our stadia and they are all to do with crowd safety and control. :!:
Standing doesn't bother me....in fact, I prefer it. Being well over 6 feet tall helps too!! ;)

However, perhaps the people who stand constantly (and there is one idiot not too far from me in the Ninian Stand who spends 80% of the game leaning against the barrier in the FRONT row and the other 20% missing either side of half-time whilst he abandons his son for the bar) might consider the problems they are creating for the club they SAY they support and also for the many vertically challenged individuals, women and children who cannot see large chunks of the game because one Richard Cranium in Row 'A' stands up as soon as the ball crosses the halfway line and causes a chain reaction throughout the whole stand above and to the side of him.... :x

As I said, I'd prefer to stand....but a couple of incidents involving a certain Scouse team in red ensured that this can no longer be permitted for safety reasons. :evil:

It's just an alternate point....but one some people might consider before condeming the club for enforcing these particular rules. :|

Cheers and enjoy the game Saturday.... :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:50 pm

Yes its TRUE Club are Now going to be ZERO TOLERANCE ON STANDING UP IN THE NINIAN STAND.