Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Thailand

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:10 pm

anyone been?
Want to go somewhere warm for new years and the main place google brought up was Thailand although it seems quite expensive.

Re: Thailand

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:25 pm

Have travelled through most of Thailand and although it is pretty expensive there is always a "cheaper option" as long as you don't mind losing some luxuries!!

I would recommend Koh Samuii or Koh Phangan (both islands off the east coast - can get to them by ferry from Surat Thani) as there is often a big beach party or "full moon party" if you're lucky! There are some decent beach side "huts" which have everything you need and cost me as little as 3 dollars a night although that was back in 2004 and the islands have become very popular now. Food can also be cheap if you stick to the noodle/rice dishes.

I've been told some of the Islands off Indonesia are amazing and probably quite reasonably priced as they are not so well known amoung backpackers.

Failing that i'd suggest you look at Vietnam and Cambodia (great beaches, people and sites to see)

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:29 pm

cheers

I dont mind paying a bit for a nice hotel but its getting to thailand that seems to cost.
Cardiff - Amsterdam - Bankok is over a grand just for flights.

Another one was Amsterdam to Paris to Bankok but it takes over a day :? and im not the best traveller in the world.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:32 pm

i went last october, and im going again in feb,,,,, i loved it overthere, accomadation can be from £6 upwards, i went to pattaya , from bangkok its about a 2 hour drive, and it cost me £15, i stayed in a place called jomtien, but, it was mainly russians there, next feb im staying in the centre, hotels are set back off the roads ,so you dont get any disturbance,,,,,my wife. myself and small child, lived like kings and queens, and spent £600 the 2 weeks,,, thats with all the clothes we bought, just a word of warning, some of the ladyboys are hot,,,,,

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:42 pm

How did you sort your flights Ninian?

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:47 pm

what you got to remember is, your going at the height of there season,,,,,,,i just kept looking on travel supermarket,,,, i dont know why your looking at amsterdam,,,,,, heathrow to bangkok, just type in flights to bangkok,, then put heathrow airport,,

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:50 pm

thats just the way they did it on expedia, obviously because I put Cardiff in thinking about it :lol:
will try heathrow instead :ayatollah: cheers

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:00 pm

yeah, stayaway from expedia, i think , i seen like a 26 hour trip, to bangkok,, i went from heathrow, 3hour stop in abu dabi, then another 5 hour flight to bangkok, i went with etihad airlines, sponsors of man city,,

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Merthyrs Better......

Calm down Baz...

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:08 pm

ninianblue wrote:yeah, stayaway from expedia, i think , i seen like a 26 hour trip, to bangkok,, i went from heathrow, 3hour stop in abu dabi, then another 5 hour flight to bangkok, i went with etihad airlines, sponsors of man city,,

Yeah I seen some stop in India, im not a great flyer anyway so id rather have as short a journey as possible.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:45 pm

tenerife is nice that time of year really busy and warm, it feels weird sitting on a beach Xmas day tho

Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:51 pm

it may be cheaper to fly on christmas eve or christmas day, thats what i'm doing ,i wanted to go on the 18th dec but it was to expensive so i'm flying to bangkok christmas eve it was £300 cheaper, staying in bangkok for a few days then i'm going to phuket :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:33 pm

The most expensive time of the year to go. Flight prices usually nearly double from the start of December until mid/late January. Hotels usually charge premium rates over Xmas too ( watch out for the compulsory 'Gala Dinner' on Xmas and New Years Eve ). Have a look on Kayak, Traveljungle and Skyscanner for the cheapest flight options. Try Asiarooms or Sawadee.com for hotel rooms. Stopping off in the Middle East is usually the cheapest option, although I've sometimes stopped over at Paris, Helsinki, India or Hong Kong. Direct flights are with Thai, Eva or BA/Qantas. For internal flights, try Air Asia, Nok Air, Bangkok Air or Thai. You are probably talking about £900 for an indirect flight at the moment. Airlines sometimes release more seats if bookings are slow though, but you must book them fast, before the demand rises again. If you need any more advice....just ask...Lee

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:anyone been?
Want to go somewhere warm for new years and the main place google brought up was Thailand although it seems quite expensive.

Yes many years ago, Superb holiday, You wont regret, EVERYTHING THERE. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:51 pm

thanks all for the advise.

I dont want to be away for x-mas but new year would be nice, might consider trying for November though if its a lot cheaper but would be nice to be away for new year. From what Ive read today Thailand seems amazing :ayatollah:
I think me and my mate are looking at around a grand each really but we want something nice.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:05 pm

me and my mate booked flights 2 weeks ago from heathrow 2 hour stop in mumbai so allin all work out around 16 hours travelling(roughly).
Thats going out on the 8 december and back on the 23 dec and we only paid £430 each will find out who i booked with if you want to know?

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:20 pm

Yeah would be useful cheers, although i really would prefer a direct flight if i can find one :)

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:28 pm

netflights.com was the name of the site fella.I was gonna book direct flights but as i thought more about it ill be glad to get off that plane for an hour or 2 after being stuck on there for 8-9 hours.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:08 pm

This will be a first for me, flying to Bangkok for overnight stay on route to Oz November 5th.to visit our daughter, then returning from Oz on Dec. 3rd. and staying in Bangkok for four days, we normally stop over in Singapore or Hong Kong which we've found to be great places to visit, so this time it will be a new experience, we are flying with Royal Thai from Heathrow. :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:14 pm

check the flight prices @
http://www.ebookers.com
dont think you will find cheaper ?
one stop shop

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Bloo says have 2 weeks in his Caravan instead !! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:44 pm

If you use Kayak, Traveljungle or Skyscanner they search all the travel companies / airlines for flights. It saves you from searching Opodo, Lastminute, Ebookers, Expedia or Netflights etc. seperately.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:36 pm

never been, but heard the women have bigger shlongs than me :oops:

Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:42 pm

you should stay in ban chang, its in the middle of pattaya and rayong so you get the best of both worlds. get a tuk tuk to rayong for pennies and get a boat to koh samet. damn i miss thailand. going back to retire... in 40 years lol

Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:42 pm

milly44 wrote:

most clitoris are bigger than yours milly :(

Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:55 pm

The Douce wrote:
milly44 wrote:

most clitoris are bigger than yours milly :(

most belly buttons are luke :D

Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:08 am

lolol
see you sat at half time if ur having a pint!

Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:18 am

The Douce wrote:lolol
see you sat at half time if ur having a pint!

yes mate.
coming out early for a few b4 millwall game??

Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:20 am

Its quite cheap if you take something to exchange.

I've always found that a few Gary Glitter albums go down well ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:38 am

I was sucking off my new Thai bride last night when i thought..........

"Hang on a fuckin minute................." :lol: