Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff City to name Mick McCarthy new manager

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:16 pm

I have to say that if true, this will surprise me massively, as whilst no names were mentioned, I was led to believe the incumbent manager would include a Welshman as part of his team (may still yet be the case)

Having spent some time considering it today, I am more than willing to give Mick McCarthy a chance. As a long standing football supporter, I am all too aware of Mick's qualities and strengths, as well as some of his supposed short-comings; and it is those ( supposed short-comings) that, for me, can be one of the strengths he brings to Cardiff City FC right now

Mick is no shrinking violet and, like Neil Warnock, says it exactly as he sees it. The players will be under no illusion as to his thoughts on all things football, including their performances, attitudes and value to the team/squad

I can see 'value' in Mick McCarthy taking the helm for a while at least and who knows, he may be another Neil Warnock in the making. If not, I am confident he will leave the club in a better position than it is currently with regard to its playing staffs and their commitment/abilities

Interesting times ahead, a good manager/coach and (assuming it is a done deal) he will get my support until he proves otherwise :thumbright:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:20 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
thedoctor13 wrote:mm good choice for a cardiff city team with no ambition league one here you come cardiff v the giants of newport county :bluebird: :bluescarf: :happy1 :ayatollah:

Nice to see you come out woodwork and support the club? must feel good coming out once every 2 years or so to post on here.? :?

Work it out, fella; it ain't hard... ;) :roll:

Chris know exactly who it is the man with a university full of doctorates who would pass a lie detector test by telling machine hes always right and machine is wrong..! :laughing6:
But a lot of part time posters today why cant they be negative under old names easier to understand.. :o

A 'Professor' too, Allan ;) :lol:

In answer to the other part, it is clear that some on here don't have the balls to speak up in their 'known' names :oops:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:27 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
thedoctor13 wrote:mm good choice for a cardiff city team with no ambition league one here you come cardiff v the giants of newport county :bluebird: :bluescarf: :happy1 :ayatollah:

Nice to see you come out woodwork and support the club? must feel good coming out once every 2 years or so to post on here.? :?

Chris know exactly who it is the man with a university full of doctorates who would pass a lie detector test by telling machine hes always right and machine is wrong..! :laughing6:
But a lot of part time posters today why cant they be negative under old names easier to understand.. :o

In answer to the other part, it is clear that some on here don't have the balls to speak up in their 'known' names :oops:

By the way Chris, my name is Sam ;) :lol:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:36 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes, thanks Sam :thumbup:

It's on your profile but I'm a little confused why you say that in this post? :?

I was referring to people who 'multi' to hide (not about their real names) :thumbup:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:38 pm

Sven wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes, thanks Sam :thumbup:

It's on your profile but I'm a little confused why you say that in this post? :?

I was referring to people who 'multi' to hide (not about their real names) :thumbup:

Yes I know what you were getting at fella, I was trying to be funny hence the winky face and lol face. Didn’t quite work though :lol:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:21 pm

Sven wrote:I have to say that if true, this will surprise me massively, as whilst no names were mentioned, I was led to believe the incumbent manager would include a Welshman as part of his team (may still yet be the case)

Having spent some time considering it today, I am more than willing to give Mick McCarthy a chance. As a long standing football supporter, I am all too aware of Mick's qualities and strengths, as well as some of his supposed short-comings; and it is those ( supposed short-comings) that, for me, can be one of the strengths he brings to Cardiff City FC right now

Mick is no shrinking violet and, like Neil Warnock, says it exactly as he sees it. The players will be under no illusion as to his thoughts on all things football, including their performances, attitudes and value to the team/squad

I can see 'value' in Mick McCarthy taking the helm for a while at least and who knows, he may be another Neil Warnock in the making. If not, I am confident he will leave the club in a better position than it is currently with regard to its playing staffs and their commitment/abilities

Interesting times ahead, a good manager/coach and (assuming it is a done deal) he will get my support until he proves otherwise :thumbright:

Agree with this Sven. If we take a step back, the squad we have is decent and I think McCarthy will have the nous to see those who need a rollicking and those who need an arm around their shoulders - much like Warnock. Wouldn't have been my pick but think he could do well...

:ayatollah: