Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff City to name Mick McCarthy new manager

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:48 pm

thedoctor13 wrote:mm good choice for a cardiff city team with no ambition league one here you come cardiff v the giants of newport county :bluebird: :bluescarf: :happy1 :ayatollah:

Nice to see you come out woodwork and support the club? must feel good coming out once every 2 years or so to post on here.? :?

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:52 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I'm positive about this.He will know alot of the players and among other things is a big fan of Kiefer Moore.From the same school as Warnock at least he won't try and bullshit fans with cliched politically correct talk.Also many on here wanted strong leadership and not a yes man.On that he fits the bill perfectly and will also see this as a big opportunity for himself.

I agree with your points totally all the negative comments are mad, hes a decent experienced manager and wlll be tough

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:52 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I'm positive about this.He will know alot of the players and among other things is a big fan of Kiefer Moore.From the same school as Warnock at least he won't try and bullshit fans with cliched politically correct talk.Also many on here wanted strong leadership and not a yes man.On that he fits the bill perfectly and will also see this as a big opportunity for himself.

Exactly my thoughts.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:54 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Jonesy99 wrote:If this is anything other than a short term deal to the end of the season I’ll be so disappointed. Another appointment without much thought

Even if it is a short term deal, he will keep us up and he'll be be given a 2 year contract next season. Shocking appointment. No long term plan by the club. The sooner the board f**k off the better.

...and be replaced by who?
Hardly an orderly queue forming.

Its not my job to source people to run a business. People get paid to headhunt qualified people. But it would be nice to actually have people on board who actually appear to give a shit about the club and make an effort to connect with the fans. When was the last time either tan, choo or dalman made a statement? Dalman wanted out at the beginning of the season. Both live in London. Do they still attend games?

Ken is the most approachable man you'll meet he certainly connects to fans! spoken many times to him at away games in services ect just because he doesn't make media statements doesn't mean no connection with fans.

We arnt at the stadium though are we. 1 or 2 people aren't bumping into any of them at the services.

Social media is the only way to connect with fans at the moment and the club dont do it.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:55 pm

people complaining that it isn't a young manager, we are not in the situation where we can risk an unproven young manager and that tactic didn't work out too well with Harris and before him Trollope. Happy to give MM my support, he will at the very least shake up a playing staff that is woefully under achieving as they haven't had a motivator on the touchline.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Jonesy99 wrote:If this is anything other than a short term deal to the end of the season I’ll be so disappointed. Another appointment without much thought

Even if it is a short term deal, he will keep us up and he'll be be given a 2 year contract next season. Shocking appointment. No long term plan by the club. The sooner the board f**k off the better.

Its not my job to source people to run a business. People get paid to headhunt qualified people. But it would be nice to actually have people on board who actually appear to give a shit about the club and make an effort to connect with the fans. When was the last time either tan, choo or dalman made a statement? Dalman wanted out at the beginning of the season. Both live in London. Do they still attend games?

apologies mate. I thought you were suggesting VT should walk :thumbup:

Well to tell board to f off that can only mean want all three to walk and this is exactly what he means . :roll:

It wasnt aimed at Tan, he is better off on the other side of the world to be honest :lol:
There isn't a long term plan with the club. Even warnock was short term fix to save us from relegation. He just happened to pull off a miracle.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:11 pm

Welcome to Cardiff City Mick McCarthy all the best and good luck with your stay with us

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:29 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Well to tell board to f off that can only mean want all three to walk and this is exactly what he means . :roll:

It wasnt aimed at Tan, he is better off on the other side of the world to be honest :lol:
There isn't a long term plan with the club. Even warnock was short term fix to save us from relegation. He just happened to pull off a miracle.

The board consists of 3 prominent
people who run club with other prorifiral members.. but tan makes decisions so cannot separate him from anyone else! We can hope that at last they've learned that club needs to change direction so I hope mick is until end season then look ahead? because getting in a young manager from div1 or 2 is not way forward at this time in fact its recipe for relegation..

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
litoblues wrote:I give up.. Same old shit.. Great chance to invest in a young dynamic forward thinking manager but nope.. Same old same old

A young dynamic manager from div 1 or 2 who doesn't know the championship Who probably would get us relegated then what? This is not football manager game its a multi million pound buisness .

If I may , and there in is your Clubs problem , the mindset appears to be set in stone.For all the bluster and cries of changing how the Club is run you still see no further than a short term fix. Cooper for example never managed before let alone a championship side but with a good recruitment policy, decent connections and a myriad of other credentials it sometimes is worth the risk . Good luck if its true and if so I suspect you will be experiencing groundhogs day very soon.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:47 pm

Not my choice, vt had the chance to go for it, Eddie Howe, mark Hughes David Wagner, nigel Pearson who does he go for old mick McCarthy, failed at Ipswich only lasted 2 months at apoel we need better than this VT

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:52 pm

Terry Connor coming in as assistant :ayatollah: Hmmm

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

The board consists of 3 prominent
people who run club with other prorifiral members.. but tan makes decisions so cannot separate him from anyone else! We can hope that at last they've learned that club needs to change direction so I hope mick is until end season then look ahead? because getting in a young manager from div1 or 2 is not way forward at this time in fact its recipe for relegation..

Pulis had plenty of prem experience and he managed 1 win in 10 at Wednesday. And some people wanted him here! McCarthy doesn't guarantee success more than a manager from league 1 just because he's managed at a higher level. Football has moved on since McCarthy was last in the championship. Personally I would prefer someone who has recently done well in league 1 than someone who was sacked after 8 games with a cyprian club.
I have to agree with the jacks comment above. Results may improve, but nothing has changed, really. As soon as results aren't going our way well be calling for a change in manager and playing style. And then onto the next short term fix. At some point the club are going to have to gamble on a manager with a different philosophy.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:57 pm

Wez,

Reports claim Paul Cook had been offered a 6-month deal by Cardiff City, but the offer was turned down

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:58 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
litoblues wrote:I give up.. Same old shit.. Great chance to invest in a young dynamic forward thinking manager but nope.. Same old same old

A young dynamic manager from div 1 or 2 who doesn't know the championship Who probably would get us relegated then what? This is not football manager game its a multi million pound buisness .

If I may , and there in is your Clubs problem , the mindset appears to be set in stone.For all the bluster and cries of changing how the Club is run you still see no further than a short term fix. Cooper for example never managed before let alone a championship side but with a good recruitment policy, decent connections and a myriad of other credentials it sometimes is worth the risk . Good luck if its true and if so I suspect you will be experiencing groundhogs day very soon.

Yes it appears set in stone but vast difference between your club and ours? We've had same way since god knows when same as you had your style ! You had relative success in promotion and staying in premier league and one cup win ... we've had two promotions play off final and two cup finals... so both ways work as for the football with all due respect if had to watch football inside my own half all game I'd soon be heading to bar during game. But that's me I like action inside opposition penalty area not inside own half! and yes seen fair bit of Swansea as other half was a swans fan until converted..... :D
But never know city hyarachy may seen the light and for next season appoint progressive manager. Mick is whats needed at this time.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:59 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:MM has been pulled out of Talksport commentary of Southampton game tomorrow as he's in Cardiff discussing manager's job. Could be announced as early as this afternoon. - Talksport reports.

We don't want Malky back !!! :lol:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:05 pm

Bluebina wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:MM has been pulled out of Talksport commentary of Southampton game tomorrow as he's in Cardiff discussing manager's job. Could be announced as early as this afternoon. - Talksport reports.

We don't want Malky back !!! :lol:

:laughing6:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:07 pm

I was hoping for a young, modern manager to come and revolutionise the club but I have always been a fan of Mick McCarthy. He got Sunderland and Wolves promoted and did a very good job with limited resources at Ipswich. I am sure he will steady the ship and get us moving in the right direction again.

At the end of the day if the club hasn't got millions to change everything then we need someone who will get the best out of what we have now and McCarthy will do that. I would expect us to go similarly to how Warnock did, improved form first half season and a promotion push next season (chasing play-offs would be good enough in reality).

I would hope a good young coach will be the number 2 (or joint number 2 with Connor), someone who can take over when McCarthy finishes.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:09 pm

If he is successful why get rid of him at the end of the season.
We could end up with another Harris.
Time for stability. We all myself included would like to have someone like Howe, however why would they come to a club in disarray with a board like we have.
What type of board would by 2 new players and sack the manager a day later.
We are lucky that any manager would come here.
So lets get behind him a million percent and show that we are the teams 12th man.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:11 pm

Blueberry Jam wrote:If he is successful why get rid of him at the end of the season.
Time for stability. We all myself included would like to have someone like Howe, however why would they come to a club in disarray with a board like we have.
So lets get behind him a million percent and show that we are the teams 12th man.

Maybe it's VTs way of not getting stung with a big compo payment. Try before you buy. Can't blame him for that.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:12 pm

Blueberry Jam wrote:If he is successful why get rid of him at the end of the season.

If he is successful it is pretty certain he would get a two year deal or something like that

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:58 pm

Mixed feelings on this move.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:02 pm

Ipswich fan here. I'm bored working from home so I thought I'd share our experience with Mick Mac. With any sort of financial backing he will get you in and around the top 6. The first few years he was with us he was superb. The stereotypical 442 workman like performances. We never dominated any game (we haven't for many years) but on the whole got the job done. The players that you'll be able to bring in just because they want to working with him are what sets him apart from others such as Harris for example. Now what we didn't do was back him financially. Which led to his downfall. When the players aren't there then you get the most anti football performances week after week. He loves a 0-0. When it's not going well he will always defend his players and create a very us vs them situation towards the fans. For him to succeed in the long term I think he needs backing. It happened for him at Wolves and Sunderland. He will turn it around for you guys but wow it'll be dull to watch. Fully expecting him to raid our talented youngsters, look out for Flynn Downes and Andre Dozzell coming your way! Good luck!

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:09 pm

SuffolkBlue wrote:Ipswich fan here. I'm bored working from home so I thought I'd share our experience with Mick Mac. With any sort of financial backing he will get you in and around the top 6. The first few years he was with us he was superb. The stereotypical 442 workman like performances. We never dominated any game (we haven't for many years) but on the whole got the job done. The players that you'll be able to bring in just because they want to working with him are what sets him apart from others such as Harris for example. Now what we didn't do was back him financially. Which led to his downfall. When the players aren't there then you get the most anti football performances week after week. He loves a 0-0. When it's not going well he will always defend his players and create a very us vs them situation towards the fans. For him to succeed in the long term I think he needs backing. It happened for him at Wolves and Sunderland. He will turn it around for you guys but wow it'll be dull to watch. Fully expecting him to raid our talented youngsters, look out for Flynn Downes and Andre Dozzell coming your way! Good luck!

Not Jason Dozzell's son? God that makes me feel old if so. :old:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:26 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
SuffolkBlue wrote:Ipswich fan here. I'm bored working from home so I thought I'd share our experience with Mick Mac. With any sort of financial backing he will get you in and around the top 6. The first few years he was with us he was superb. The stereotypical 442 workman like performances. We never dominated any game (we haven't for many years) but on the whole got the job done. The players that you'll be able to bring in just because they want to working with him are what sets him apart from others such as Harris for example. Now what we didn't do was back him financially. Which led to his downfall. When the players aren't there then you get the most anti football performances week after week. He loves a 0-0. When it's not going well he will always defend his players and create a very us vs them situation towards the fans. For him to succeed in the long term I think he needs backing. It happened for him at Wolves and Sunderland. He will turn it around for you guys but wow it'll be dull to watch. Fully expecting him to raid our talented youngsters, look out for Flynn Downes and Andre Dozzell coming your way! Good luck!

Not Jason Dozzell's son? God that makes me feel old if so. :old:

Thats cos you are 62r! Pmsl

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:29 pm

We are use to that sort of play. If it wins games then he will survive but if it does not I doubt he will be given much chance from the Cardiff fans because we have had a few years of dull football.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:34 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

We are use to that sort of play. If it wins games then he will survive but if it does not I doubt he will be given much chance from the Cardiff fans because we have had a few years of dull football.

Ah good.. anti-football and a 0-0 to brighten up a winter saturday afernoon. Just the news we've all been waiting for..

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:00 pm

Will always support whoever is in charge but this is a totally deflating appointment.

Don't get this short term nonsense. You give the right man whoever that is the time until the end of the season to implement their changes ready to really kick on next season.

E.g. NW build in his first season and then kicked on to promotion the season after. Also same with Malky.

I can't see any great change in philosophy or excitement in the way his teams play

Feels underwhelming to say the least

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
thedoctor13 wrote:mm good choice for a cardiff city team with no ambition league one here you come cardiff v the giants of newport county :bluebird: :bluescarf: :happy1 :ayatollah:

Nice to see you come out woodwork and support the club? must feel good coming out once every 2 years or so to post on here.? :?

Work it out, fella; it ain't hard... ;) :roll:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:09 pm

Oh no! This seems to be a case of out of the frying pan........

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:09 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Work it out, fella; it ain't hard... ;) :roll:

Chris know exactly who it is the man with a university full of doctorates who would pass a lie detector test by telling machine hes always right and machine is wrong..! :laughing6:
But a lot of part time posters today why cant they be negative under old names easier to understand.. :o