Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff City to name Mick McCarthy new manager

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:28 am

OK as a stop gap there are no decent Managers available except Eddie Howe and the next best looks like Darren Moore, wait till the summer and see who is available, but start tapping some up now :thumbup:
Last edited by Bluebina on Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:29 am

Bluebina wrote:OK as a stop gap there are no decent names except Eddie Howe and the next best looks like Darren Moore, wait till the summer and see who is available, start tapping them up now :thumbup:

They’ve already been tapped up :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:32 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Bluebina wrote:OK as a stop gap there are no decent names except Eddie Howe and the next best looks like Darren Moore, wait till the summer and see who is available, start tapping them up now :thumbup:

They’ve already been tapped up :ayatollah:

He should be a reasonable get them to the end of season manager, but if we start sounding others out we can do much better.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:35 am

litoblues wrote:I give up.. Same old shit.. Great chance to invest in a young dynamic forward thinking manager but nope.. Same old same old

A young dynamic manager from div 1 or 2 who doesn't know the championship Who probably would get us relegated then what? This is not football manager game its a multi million pound buisness .

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:36 am

Very underwhelming appointment. Just like when Harris came. We are crying out for change and yes a younger inexperienced manager is more gamble but we need to think longer term....I would have chosen Bellamy and maybe Mick as a director of football to help

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:36 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Jonesy99 wrote:If this is anything other than a short term deal to the end of the season I’ll be so disappointed. Another appointment without much thought

Even if it is a short term deal, he will keep us up and he'll be be given a 2 year contract next season. Shocking appointment. No long term plan by the club. The sooner the board f**k off the better.

...and be replaced by who?
Hardly an orderly queue forming.

Its not my job to source people to run a business. People get paid to headhunt qualified people. But it would be nice to actually have people on board who actually appear to give a shit about the club and make an effort to connect with the fans. When was the last time either tan, choo or dalman made a statement? Dalman wanted out at the beginning of the season. Both live in London. Do they still attend games?

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:37 am

Trying to look on the bright side. He has managed a lot in the championship with Sunderland Wolves and Ipswich and got Sunderland and Wolves promoted as champions he managed to get Ipswich in to the playoffs too though in his last season there they finished 16th. He has never got a team relegated from the championship and even managed to keep Wolves in the premier for a couple of seasons.

Have a feeling his best days are in the past but who knows. Anyone know who his assistant is likely to be?

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:38 am

You know what... hes commentated a couple of games for us on SKY and knows his stuff. Talking about playing with more pace, more attacking options, have to be more aggressive in both boxes etc. ISnt this what we need!

He may not have been my choice, Id have had bellers all along, but you know what anybody at the moment could improve what we currently have. they need someone to talk to them with authority, not smoothing over when they concede, get sent off for being stupid etc.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:38 am

Just saying McCarthy win percentage at Ipswich was worse than Harris's here...

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:39 am

Will keep us up.. we have the players that suit his style .. very experienced.
Some of younger supporters will be disappointed yes.. but hey , they need to learn the harsh realities of being a football fan.. or always success.
McCArthy has always liked this club.
Spoke to a friend who is an Ipswich fan, he said he will do a job here..said he like Pep compared to Lambert who is their manager now.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:39 am

Escott1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
Jonesy99 wrote:If this is anything other than a short term deal to the end of the season I’ll be so disappointed. Another appointment without much thought

Even if it is a short term deal, he will keep us up and he'll be be given a 2 year contract next season. Shocking appointment. No long term plan by the club. The sooner the board f**k off the better.

Its not my job to source people to run a business. People get paid to headhunt qualified people. But it would be nice to actually have people on board who actually appear to give a shit about the club and make an effort to connect with the fans. When was the last time either tan, choo or dalman made a statement? Dalman wanted out at the beginning of the season. Both live in London. Do they still attend games?

apologies mate. I thought you were suggesting VT should walk :thumbup:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:41 am

Escott1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Ken is the most approachable man you'll meet he certainly connects to fans! spoken many times to him at away games in services ect just because he doesn't make media statements doesn't mean no connection with fans.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:42 am

Bamba on SSN right now virtually confirmed McCarthy as our new boss.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:48 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

apologies mate. I thought you were suggesting VT should walk :thumbup:

Well to tell board to f off that can only mean want all three to walk and this is exactly what he means . :roll:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:49 am

Escott1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

I’m with you on this appointment if it’s true unless he’s been given a 4 month contract which I highly doubt.

I also agree with you about the lack of statements from the club and that is down to Tan and Dalman.

In answer to your question, Ken Choo attends all games home and away. I don’t know about Dalman.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:50 am

On the face of it a manager who has taken his country to the world cup finals Had two teams promoted to the premier league and stayed a couple of seasons We not had many managers with that experience but somehow it does not feel right I have had the pleasure of meeting Mick and what a great guy he was
Ipswich found out what a great job he was doing on a small
budget only after he left
You can’t take his stint in Cyprus as only there for 8 games and he fell out with the owners so not a yes man i would think
But i want someone who is going to play the football that entertains me and not sure that is Mick

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:52 am

Abergavenny wrote:On the face of it a manager who has taken his country to the world cup finals Had two teams promoted to the premier league and stayed a couple of seasons We not had many managers with that experience but somehow it does not feel right I have had the pleasure of meeting Mick and what a great guy he was
You can’t take his stint in Cyprus as only there for 8 games and he fell out with the owners so not a yes man i would think
But i want someone who is going to play the football that entertains me and not sure that is Mick

genuine question mate, What if he tried the passing game with our current squad and they weren't up to it and we got relegated?

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:56 am

MM has been pulled out of Talksport commentary of Southampton game tomorrow as he's in Cardiff discussing manager's job. Could be announced as early as this afternoon. - Talksport reports.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:58 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:On the face of it a manager who has taken his country to the world cup finals Had two teams promoted to the premier league and stayed a couple of seasons We not had many managers with that experience but somehow it does not feel right I have had the pleasure of meeting Mick and what a great guy he was

genuine question mate, What if he tried the passing game with our current squad and they weren't up to it and we got relegated?

Get impression people dont think we can get relegated? Asking for young manager ect ect is a recipe for relegation yes all like to play good football but got to have players to do it not sure we got enough footballers to achieve that as Harris as found out... besides passing game can be as boring frustrating as othe types of football especially when not winning? There are some teams I wouldn't like to be watching as play inside own half for majority of games....

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:59 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Get impression people dont think we can get relegated? Asking for young manager ect ect is a recipe for relegation yes all like to play good football but got to have players to do it not sure we got enough footballers to achieve that as Harris as found out... besides passing game can be as boring frustrating as othe types of football especially when not winning? There are some teams I wouldn't like to be watching as play inside own half for majority of games....

100% agree :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:04 pm

Could be alright if it's a short term appointment until the end of the season and keeps us up but long term I don't think it would make any difference to the way we currently we play

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:08 pm

I remember NW talking about Mick Mccarthy on Goals On Sunday a couple of years back after he left Ipswich Town and gave their fans a few words of warning something like "Be careful what you wish for". Their fans wanted him gone and after they got their wish and after 2 managers the following season they were relegated.

I've got no problem with Mick McCarthy a good experienced manager who won't suffer fools gladly and just what we need following the dross served up by Neil Harris this season. We have a decent squad of players and I think he will get more out of them than Harris.

If this is right welcome to the club Mick.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:10 pm

Come on Mick sort them all out. Get rid of the dross, we have a lot of it. Don't be a yes man or you will go the same way as Harris.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:13 pm

We are too near the relegation zone for a new manager to come in and try and change the style of football we have been playing for years now. Some of the squad would not be able to adjust,and we could end up going down,and as we know there are a few sides in League 1 who have been trying to get back to the championship for many seasons without success.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:18 pm

What a absolute shambles our club as become mick McCarthy what a rubbish manger

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:19 pm

keano wrote:What a absolute shambles our club as become mick McCarthy what a rubbish manger

:roll: ffs :lol:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:26 pm

mm good choice for a cardiff city team with no ambition league one here you come cardiff v the giants of newport county :bluebird: :bluescarf: :happy1 :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:27 pm

It will only be short term if we go down.

If he keeps us up he will get another contract.

Makes no sense.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:28 pm

Oh the joys of being a Cardiff city fan. I bet most of these fans that are moaning weren’t about in the 70’s and 80’s :lol:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:30 pm

Zidane wouldn't leave Real Madrid then.No money in the kitty,
What the f**k did you all expect?