Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: JOHNATHAN OWEN

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:34 pm

I'll have a tenner on Claire in the bout against Daya :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:36 pm

PhatFrog wrote:I'll have a tenner on Claire in the bout against Daya :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:27 pm

But Daya is a West Ham fan first City fan second. I respect you Daya but can you really comment when the City is NOT your first choice team ?

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:45 pm

And Daya has never used City for self publicity purposes has he???????

John Owen is a regular down the City And has been for years so button it.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:53 pm

I saw Jonathan Owen in the mid week cup game at the Liberty when we lost 1-0. First time we played at their new stadium.

I remember it quite distinctively because I pointed him out to my mate - and mentioned that brilliant piece he did about the city in the build up to the cup final.

And his description about their "bubbling cauldron of hate" was 100% spot on accurate, because I have never, ever experianced an atmosphere anything remotely close to that as an away fan before, or since.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:28 pm

Daya wrote:soccer Am.... couple of low budget films, and now you give him a q&a on here?

To me he's milking it for own publicity.

Only time i seen him many times at Ninian was oustside/inside press box.

Just trying to further his TV ceareer is my view on him, whilst he mugs you off for his self gain!

City fans will always have a high opinion of him because of the piece he did on telly before the Cup Final - summed up what a lot of us fans of a certain age felt about the City. Guess you have to be a Cardiff fan to appreciate it ;)

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:20 pm

Halifax93 wrote:
Daya wrote:soccer Am.... couple of low budget films, and now you give him a q&a on here?

Just trying to further his TV ceareer is my view on him, whilst he mugs you off for his self gain!

City fans will always have a high opinion of him because of the piece he did on telly before the Cup Final - summed up what a lot of us fans of a certain age felt about the City. Guess you have to be a Cardiff fan to appreciate it ;)

Why Halifax93? Just asking because I work there?

:ayatollah:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:23 pm

He's given the club good publicity as well as himself and he seems a nice lad so I have no problem with him.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:43 am

jonny owen is a top lad thats followed cardiff and merthyr football clubs for years! daya aint you that west ham utd fan?

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:08 am

Johnny Owen is fine by me, did a great piece on TV before the cup final if I remember correctly. :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:13 am

Any CCFC publicity is fine by me - he was fine on Soccer Am and in that film (about Gillingham fans).

He doesn't come across as arrogant or egoistical like some other clubs "celeb" fans - just a good honest hard working lad who has done well for himself, and enjoying his career. Good on him.

The more national :ayatollah: the better!

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:34 am

Keli wrote:
Halifax93 wrote:

Why Halifax93? Just asking because I work there?

:ayatollah:

Why do you have to be a City fan to appreciate it? Well, in the 80s the football was dreadful but there was something about the club that kept me interested - I think it was the passion of the fans (not the hooligans) which was incredible considering how bad the team was. It was also a little dig at Daya who supports West Ham apparently ;)

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:58 am

Got you all bumping your keyboards :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Course hes a good bloke, was winding him up on his facebook! thanks for the bites! Some good sizes in the fishnet!

Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Daya wrote:Got you all bumping your keyboards :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Course hes a good bloke, was winding him up on his facebook! thanks for the bites! Some good sizes in the fishnet!

Damn you :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Right Rod bender u were Billy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:59 pm

Daya wrote:Got you all bumping your keyboards :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Facebook name dropping... come on Daya you're better than that! :D

Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:25 pm

yeh right-e-o! ... i smell back tracking cause you got him all wrong! what jon is doing for our club is surperb and by being on soccer am he brought the fred keenor appeal to the national attention. top man!

Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:00 pm

I thought he was funny on soccer am and loved that program he did before the cup final he speaks well of the City and I think the idea of the single trying to get money for the statue is a great idea well done Johnathan Owen I say :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:36 pm

I liked the bit at the end of the last ever Soccer Sunday, :lol: when he said that
'my acting abilities were stretched to the limit when Swansea won, and my beloved cardiff City lost'
:lol:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:46 pm

theracecourse wrote:i dunno the feller personally comes across as genuine to me,promotes the city big time,he,s from merthyr which is twinned with ely :lol: .

good on him i say.

and whats wrong with ely?

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:55 pm

rob wrote:
theracecourse wrote:i dunno the feller personally comes across as genuine to me,promotes the city big time,he,s from merthyr which is twinned with ely :lol: .

good on him i say.

and whats wrong with ely?

and whats wrong with Merthyr :cry:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:43 pm

to be fair hes shit narrating programmes !! his soccer sunday presentation was dreadfull and on bbc 1 the other day even the wife said my god whos that talking ahem !! nuts and bolts also very poor !! but............he is KARRRRRRRDIFFFFFFF :ayatollah: