Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Can I have a little rant? R.E. Sky News - Merthyr

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:31 pm

milly44 wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:Nuclear, I doubt we are the worst for unemployment.
Rosser, you live in Tremorfa you are on par with us :lol:
Chegs, I did google image to find a pic of the brunny but all that came up was actually photo's off this forum :lol:
Ben, another great input, keep it up your doing well :roll:
Claire, rules

didcot has tougher kids ;)
i am in the flirting mood, but merthyr is the welsh equivelant of.......................you choose :lol:

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:43 pm

Fish, Tremorfa is a brilliant area.. Ask Milly.. No crime or anything :D

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Dafydd wrote:Fish, Tremorfa is a brilliant area.. Ask Milly.. No crime or anything :D

yeh great area, teaching yr 3 and 4 was fantastic and a great benfit to me. i learnt so many new words :D
also learned about knife and gun crime :lol:

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:48 pm

milly44 wrote:
Dafydd wrote:Fish, Tremorfa is a brilliant area.. Ask Milly.. No crime or anything :D

yeh great area, teaching yr 3 and 4 was fantastic and a great benfit to me. i learnt so many new words :D

Did they teach you how to hotwire a car? Thats always a good one :lol:

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:51 pm

I've just cancelled Sky in a show of solidarity. All reject Murdoch's evil empire!

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:51 pm

Dafydd wrote:
milly44 wrote:

Did they teach you how to hotwire a car? Thats always a good one :lol:

no thats yr 1 stuff :roll:

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:54 pm

milly44 wrote:no thats yr 1 stuff :roll:

I didn't notice you said year 3 and 4 stuff! How long were you there? Did you get your free bag of crack?

As I said, brilliant area Tremorfa. The nicest houses and the lowest crime and unemployment rates in the UK ;)

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:09 pm

merthyr is a very important part of wales and welsh history, ok so the stats are bad but the people are not ! ive met some great people from merthyr, and ive made some good friends. home of boxing !

the main problem behind unemployment in merthyr is the lack of job vaccancies ! i live in caerphilly and have to travel to cardiff everyday to work, merthyr is isolated and i feel unemployment has become the norm.

and clarie can u add me on facebook please lol x

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:15 pm

surroundedbysaxons wrote:I've just cancelled Sky in a show of solidarity. All reject Murdoch's evil empire!

good man! :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:21 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
surroundedbysaxons wrote:I've just cancelled Sky in a show of solidarity. All reject Murdoch's evil empire!

ive cancelled and taken virgin instead :D

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:23 pm

rob wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:

ive cancelled and taken virgin instead :D

always liked you :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:25 pm

spent a lot of time in merthyr mate, some great places and people. do you remember the dry ski slope?

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:30 pm

rob wrote:spent a lot of time in merthyr mate, some great places and people. do you remember the dry ski slope?

On Pentrebach mountain, still see the outline-ish

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:32 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
rob wrote:spent a lot of time in merthyr mate, some great places and people. do you remember the dry ski slope?

On Pentrebach mountain, still see the outline-ish

i worked on that, my old man was site agent for a while.was never gonna be a good idea though.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:40 pm

It is a pretty grim place mind, its not exactly the nicest area in Wales (just like alot of the valleys). But hey there is nothing wrong in being proud of your town/city.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:27 am

Fish

Any consolation mate, I thought Tudor Street was 10 times worse than any part of Merthyr. Think Merthyr is ok apart from the unemployment. Loads and loads of jobs were created with Rhydycar and and Cyfartha. Merthyr is on the way up. Just need to sort out those lazy twats on benefits :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:18 am

ridofrid wrote:I think your pics look great fishy. Just getting my bucket and spade and get the train. What time is high tide ???
:ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah: :old:

you'll get no peeler or rag up here fella lol