Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff 1 Liverpool 0

Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:56 pm

Watching a rerun of carling cup final 2012 on sky sports retro now. Half time 1 nil up, what a refreshing change to watch a decent cardiff team going forward at every opportunity.
Just wish the current crop could do better

Re: Cardiff 1 Liverpool 0

Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:04 pm

SPOILER ALERT!

It doesn't end well mate.

I would suggest you watch the penalties in a dark room.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:22 pm

Had to stop watching it,,,,,For about 5 mins (of the highlight) Whitts was running the game, (Started to well up) Front foot football, passing, not scared of Liverpool, no underdog, "little ol'e Cardiff" shit.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:38 pm

One of my favourite memories is telling my mates to look at the scoreboard as the teams walked off at half time it said Cardiff 1 Liverpool 0. I never thought I would see that at a Wembley final in my lifetime.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:51 pm

Fairblue27 wrote:One of my favourite memories is telling my mates to look at the scoreboard as the teams walked off at half time it said Cardiff 1 Liverpool 0. I never thought I would see that at a Wembley final in my lifetime.

I did exactly the same

Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:51 pm

stuey1965 wrote:
Fairblue27 wrote:One of my favourite memories is telling my mates to look at the scoreboard as the teams walked off at half time it said Cardiff 1 Liverpool 0. I never thought I would see that at a Wembley final in my lifetime.

I did exactly the same

Me too. Never been so gutted after a game though.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:00 pm

We'll show you around were Cardiff City we'll show you around!

Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:32 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
stuey1965 wrote:

I did exactly the same

I was.....Blackpool. Same venue.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:13 pm

moonboots wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
stuey1965 wrote:

I did exactly the same

DITTO!! the worst I've ever felt after a match............still.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:11 pm

moonboots wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
stuey1965 wrote:

I did exactly the same

That was probably worse to be fair.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:24 pm

As disappointing as it ultimately was with us throwing away a brilliant situation in the penalty
shootout, I do look on the whole day against Liverpool with great pride.
Added to that the crazy celebrations at our end when Turner's goal went in will live long in the memory, and will
probably be ranked as one of my favourite ever moments supporting the City. :bluescarf: :old: :ayatollah:

Blackpool however was quite a different vibe altogether. :oops: :cry: