Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This confirms what I said last week. The only way it made

Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:01 pm

This confirms what I said last week.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=219732

The only way it made sense for Harris to go was if and only if VT was going to spend big on buying players and wages. It is totally understandable that VT does not want to spend at this point in time especially considering that we have some catching up to do in order to make the playoffs .

Even then we would only have a 25% chance of promotion.So it is a big risk to launch out now. So once VT decided on tightening the purse strings - it made no sense to replace a willing and compliant Harris with another Harris like replacement.

After all Harris did very well last season and this season the loan players and Moore have been good signings.

We still have a small chance for promotion - the really very scary question is what happens next season with no parachute payments.

In the meantime - like him or not - we have to get behind Harris and hope that he can pull a run like last season or like the four wins on the trot this season. Moaning about Harris is counterproductive ..... the dye is cast and we have to live with it and pray for good luck and some inspired signings. :bluebird: :bluebird:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=219732

Re: This confirms what I said last week. The only way it

Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:24 pm

This is hugely disappointing, as I believe the ill-feeling towards the current manager has gone beyond the pale and is even more confusing because the Board have 100% sounded out replacements; at least one of whom is Welsh

We don't know what was said inside the Boardroom (or via Skype) but there has clearly been a change of mind and it seems Neil Harris has been given a reprieve

Money (as suggested in the OP) a big issue right now and is the likely factor in keeping the current manager for now at least and maybe the manager(s) they wanted took that into account; although I doubt it, as 'a job is a job' to the level of manager we could currently attract :(

Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:57 pm

He's had his share of bad luck too.The players he's brought in have been good and given time I'm hoping he'll have many eating their words.Some of the comments on here lately have been made by people that have no clue on what it takes to run a football club.I'll swap all the short-termism that has beset our club for the last few years for a longer term plan that not only gets us promoted but keeps us there too.Derby are proving that splashing the cash and changing your manager often is a recipe for disaster.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:38 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:He's had his share of bad luck too.The players he's brought in have been good and given time I'm hoping he'll have many eating their words.Some of the comments on here lately have been made by people that have no clue on what it takes to run a football club.I'll swap all the short-termism that has beset our club for the last few years for a longer term plan that not only gets us promoted but keeps us there too.Derby are proving that splashing the cash and changing your manager often is a recipe for disaster.

Martin, you make some good points there and it would give any real Bluebird supporter the desire for Neil Harris to prove them wrong, as it would mean he has brought some success to the club we love

The future/success of the club, not the manager or owner, should be the overriding factor no matter who is in in charge on the playing side and/or in the Boardroom