Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Harris: “Changing the manager at Cardiff City”

Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:19 pm

The CCFC Committee did meet and some just chatted to Harris about his future and Tan also spoke direct to Harris numerous times this week and last week.

Harris at the moment is perfect for them, he wants No money , happy to send players out, has been reducing the wage bill every transfer window, gets rid of players before bringing in new players, sells when told to, mainly surviving on loan deals and has done some good loan deals etc and as long as City don’t look like being relegated, I can’t see Harris going anywhere.

In 18months Under Harris 25 players have gone incl 10 under 23’s and 2 permanent players have come in.
Harris has spent less than half the money in what he has brought in by selling players.

What Neil Harris said about changing the manager at Cardiff City.

Interesting

Neil Harris:

"People think the easiest thing is to just change the manager.”

"Sometimes you have to look deeper than that within the club. The mindset, the mentality, the recruitment over a period and then what we want to do in the future."

“I want to be part of the rebuilding of the club.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil Harris: “Changing the manager at Cardiff City”

Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:35 pm

Replies FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:35 pm

Replies FB:

Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The CCFC Committee did meet and some just chatted to Harris about his future and Tan also spoke direct to Harris numerous times this week and last week.

Harris at the moment is perfect for them, he wants No money , happy to send players out, has been reduscing the wage bill every transfer window, gets rid of players before bringing in new players, sells when told to, mainly surviving on loan deals and has done some good loan deals etc and as long as City don’t look like being relegated, I can’t see Harris going anywhere.

In 18months Under Harris 25 players have gone incl 10 under 23’s and 2 permanent players have come in.
Harris has spent less than half the money in what he has brought in by selling players.

Interesting

Neil Harris:

"Sometimes you have to look deeper than that within the club. The mindset, the mentality, the recruitment over a period and then what we want to do in the future."

I thought the club had been rebuilt by NW so why is he saying he wants to be part of the rebuilding?

Most of this squad is still NW’s its plain to see that they don’t play for him. He will have to get at least 12 of this squad out to ever be near saying they are his?

Several of them will leave on free’s in the summer.

The pandemic had certainly helped him with no supporters that will change for next season, if he’s still here! That’s a big if. A bottom 6 finish will not be acceptable tick tock tick tock

Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:59 pm

So Harris supposedly being sacked last weekend and refusing to accept the severance package was a complete crock of made up bullshit then??

How many people on this forum claimed that it was definitely true??

Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:00 pm

This confirms what I said last week.

The only way it made sense for Harris to go was if and only if VT was going to spend big on buying players and wages. It is totally understandable that VT does not want to spend at this point in time especially considering that we have some catching up to do in order to make the playoffs .

Even then we would only have a 25% chance of promotion.So it is a big risk to launch out now. So once VT decided on tightening the purse strings - it made no sense to replace a willing and compliant Harris with another Harris like replacement.

After all Harris did very well last season and this season the loan players and Moore have been good signings.

We still have a small chance for promotion - the really very scary question is what happens next season with no parachute payments.

In the meantime - like him or not - we have to get behind Harris and hope that he can pull a run like last season or like the four wins on the trot this season. Moaning about Harris is counterproductive ..... the dye is cast and we have to live with it and pray for good luck and some inspired signings. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:05 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:So Harris supposedly being sacked last weekend and refusing to accept the severance package was a complete crock of made up bullshit then??

I’ve always maintained that they won’t sack Harris as it would be to costly abd he is perfect for them as long as we don’t go in the bottom three.

I 100% do believe they would of let him go if it cost them hardly anything and I know for a fact they spoke to other managers , without a doubt.

Harris is I have to say a fighter and is fighting for his life as a manager.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:32 pm

the suprising thing there " i want to be part of the rebuilding"

how quickly he changed his tune from, how strong we were, how we were stronger than last season, and promotion was the target. now its being dubbed a "rebuild"

Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:So Harris supposedly being sacked last weekend and refusing to accept the severance package was a complete crock of made up bullshit then??

I’ve always maintained that they won’t sack Harris as it would be to costly abd he is perfect for them as long as we don’t go in the bottom three.

I 100% do believe they would of let him go if it cost them hardly anything and I know for a fact they spoke to other managers , without a doubt.

I don't see him as a fighter. He's out of his depth BUT knows the board aint getting rid of him.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:38 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I don't see him as a fighter. He's out of his depth BUT knows the board aint getting rid of him.

Well he fought off cancer,so in my book he's a fighter too.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:41 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Well he fought off cancer,so in my book he's a fighter too.

Absolutely agree with the cancer fight obviously. I was referring to his managerial fight or lack of. His defeatist attitude and endless negative spoutings

Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:49 pm

Replies FB:

Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:10 pm

If the team continue to play poorly and results are bad, he will be gone.

It’s a results business and if doesn’t get them he will be gone pay off or sacked that’s a fact.

At least he might be getting a few good cheaper players in to change our style but the pressure on him is intense and won’t go away soon.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:15 pm

I feel forever blue talks a lot of sense, however his love for Malky and his hate of Tan is a thread on the majority of subjects that he posts.
Could I please plead with you to not base your comments on knocking, in my opinion the best chairman we have ever had. Those of you who shout “ Tan out” who on earth will replace him and don’t give me this “ I’d rather be in league two nonsense.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:18 pm

Basically yes

Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:52 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Basically yes

Wez, I don't recall anyone saying he had been sacked; but his position was 100% discussed and other options explored

Neil Harris appears to have saved his job (for now at least) and we shall now see how it goes in the hope (as proper Bluebird supporters) that he turns things around and makes us eat our words. Nothing would give genuine supporters greater pleasure

People can take it as they like but facts are facts and in this case the sources (not just mine) are sound whilst accepting that (as I wrote elsewhere) things change very quickly in football world :thumbright:

Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:25 pm

I think what Harris is doing is the right way forward... just not sure if he’s the right bloke to do it. Let’s hope so..

Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:39 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Basically yes

Wez, I don't recall anyone saying he had been sacked; but his position was 100% discussed and other options explored

Neil Harris appears to have saved his job (for now at least) and we shall now see how it goes in the hope (as proper Bluebird supporters) that he turns things around and makes us eat our words. Nothing would give genuine supporters greater pleasure

People can take it as they like but facts are facts and in this case the sources (not just mine) are sound whilst accepting that (as I wrote elsewhere) things change very quickly in football world :thumbright:

Sven, if you re-read the posts from last weekend I think you will find that numerous people did in fact claim he had already been sacked but had refused the severance package

A few people pointed out that couldn’t be correct but were shot down

Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:42 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Basically yes

Sven, if you re-read the posts from last weekend I think you will find that numerous people did in fact claim he had already been sacked but had refused the severance package

A few people pointed out that couldn’t be correct but were shot down

I agree that couldn't be the case and if people did say that, they were both mistaken and ill-informed :thumbup:

Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:32 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The CCFC Committee did meet and some just chatted to Harris about his future and Tan also spoke direct to Harris numerous times this week and last week.

Harris at the moment is perfect for them, he wants No money , happy to send players out, has been reduscing the wage bill every transfer window, gets rid of players before bringing in new players, sells when told to, mainly surviving on loan deals and has done some good loan deals etc and as long as City don’t look like being relegated, I can’t see Harris going anywhere.

Harris has spent less than half the money in what he has brought

Interesting

Neil Harris:

I thought the club had been rebuilt by NW so why is he saying he wants to be part of the rebuilding?

Most of this squad is still NW’s its plain to see that they don’t play for him. He will have to get at least 12 of this squad out to ever be near saying they are his?

The pandemic had certainly helped him with no supporters that will change for next season, if he’s still here! That’s a big if. A bottom 6 finish will not be acceptable tick tock tick tock

Yes and those players are the problem
Your name on here suggests your ok with hoofball then

Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:51 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Interesting

Neil Harris:

Hoof ball ha ha.

This style of play is worse than the Slade days.

Harris said months ago he was happy with his squad and its a strong group! What’s he done with it???

This is a championship manager who went with one RB to start the season, moved a midfielder into RB, loaned a player at centre back, never played him and then had to Chuck him straight into a match and then blamed him in the press. Plays both wingers on the opposite side of their stronger foot thus forcing them inside. Loaned another young winger who’s manager was excited to get him and stated he brings pace and can go past players. Shall I continue? Any talented players we had have been turned into average ones with his methods.

If you can’t see it then I pity you!

Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:13 pm

I actually think he is made for DoF or General manager he is just doesn't have it as a tactician/motivator.

Shame he couldn't move upstairs as I reckon there is one hell of a career if you can be a successful DoF. Good salary and longevity, plus bonuses.

Harris's transfers look decent, both in and out.

It is also a shame that a footballing genius for whatever reason has such a shockingly poor history of transfers as Neil Warnock. Probably as inept with the cheque book as Harris is at the tactics board.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:26 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I actually think he is made for DoF or General manager he is just doesn't have it as a tactician/motivator.

Shame he couldn't move upstairs as I reckon there is one hell of a career if you can be a successful DoF. Good salary and longevity, plus bonuses.

Harris's transfers look decent, both in and out.

It is also a shame that a footballing genius for whatever reason has such a shockingly poor history of transfers as Neil Warnock. Probably as inept with the cheque book as Harris is at the tactics board.

Totally agree mate, been impressed with his transfer dealings on a limited budget. Seems to have some good contacts as well

Could make a decent DOF

Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:57 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Interesting

Neil Harris:

Hoof ball ha ha.

Harris said months ago he was happy with his squad and its a strong group! What’s he done with it???

This is a championship manager who went with one RB to start the season, moved a midfielder into RB, loaned a player at centre back, never played him and then had to Chuck him straight into a match and then blamed him in the press. Plays both wingers on the opposite side of their stronger foot thus forcing them inside. Loaned another young winger who’s manager was excited to get him and stated he brings pace and can go past players. Shall I continue? Any talented players we had have been turned into average ones with his methods.

The short answer is a better squad than he inherited.I also read the Hull managers comments on Whyte and came to the conclusion that he's a bigger bullshitter than Harris will ever be.If he ever becomes a second hand car salesman I'd watch out if I were you.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:57 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Interesting

Neil Harris:

Hoof ball ha ha.

The short answer is a better squad than he inherited.I also read the Hull managers comments on Whyte and came to the conclusion that he's a bigger bullshitter than Harris will ever be.If he ever becomes a second hand car salesman I'd watch out if I were you.

Veiled threat?????

I’m quaking in my boots.

Talking about boots I’ve scraped off better than you.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:26 pm

Shirehampton1 wrote:I feel forever blue talks a lot of sense, however his love for Malky and his hate of Tan is a thread on the majority of subjects that he posts.
Could I please plead with you to not base your comments on knocking, in my opinion the best chairman we have ever had. Those of you who shout “ Tan out” who on earth will replace him and don’t give me this “ I’d rather be in league two nonsense.

I for one definitely agree with your sentiments about VT. Give me someone like him over the chancer we had before any day of the week. If it weren't for Tan we may well have been an ex football club by now.

I wish some people would drop their crusade against him, primarily because he made the mistake of changing the team's colours to red. He has made up for that since and deserves some respect for helping to keep keep us afloat and competitive in a very difficult league.