DEAL DONE: “ New Striker set to sign today for Cardiff “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ New Striker set to sign today for Cardiff “

Postby Fusilier52 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:02 pm

Sven wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:
aberdare-blue wrote:
Proud Jack wrote:We looked at Watters several times,decided not to have him.

What a whopper, you had a bid turned down for him thats only reason you didn't pursue him. He was your top target :thumbright:

Swansea put a bid in based on their valuation of Watter who to be honest nobody had ever heard of until last month . No different from Cardiff's valuation of Perry Ng .some you win some you lose

And so it begins...

'Gunny' straight in with the excuses why Watters didn't join the Caravan Club.... :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's the matter Chris, is the written english language too difficult to comprehend .Our valuation of a player didn't meet Crawleys , it happens .
Fusilier52

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Canton104 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:30 pm

Anther striker who won’t hit the back of the net. It’s obvious promotion is no longer a priority with our owners.
Canton104

Postby Winchmore Hill Bluebird » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:39 pm

How do you know he won’t score for City?
Winchmore Hill Bluebird

Postby Llantwit Blue » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:14 pm

Didn’t make the starting 11 against Leeds surprising given his goal record
Llantwit Blue

Postby Big Hill Blue » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:15 pm

They were keeping him safe as we were on the prowl. Money
Big Hill Blue

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:16 pm

Canton104 wrote:Anther striker who won’t hit the back of the net. It’s obvious promotion is no longer a priority with our owners.

Its a possibility, but so is him being a good find! But nothing like supporting a new player(should he come!)eh?
bluesince62

Postby Big Hill Blue » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:18 pm

I'd be happy when he ends this season on 10 goals.

C'mon City
Big Hill Blue

Postby Sven » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:20 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Canton104 wrote:Anther striker who won’t hit the back of the net. It’s obvious promotion is no longer a priority with our owners.

Its a possibility, but so is him being a good find! But nothing like supporting a new player(should he come!)eh?

Just another 'newbie' looking for a say, Paul; but to date (like Doyley1927) nothing of note to say other than his negativity towards pretty much everything... :roll:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby thomasblue » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:30 pm

I'm not a fan of buying from divisions below but this transfer seems different

He has a good scoring record and is different to what we have in the squad

At the prices mentioned he wouldn't even be classed as a gamble it will just be a investment , we could easily sell him for the same or more If he's not good enough.

Having a look at a guy with a lot of potential is good business by the club if it happens
thomasblue

Postby EastleighBlue » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:31 pm

I am not sure I understand some of the negativity around this potential signing. Give the lad a chance if he signs. He may not make it, he may be an absolute gem. He's still very young. A certain Rob Earnshaw started his career in league 2 and went on to become one of the best City strikers in the last 30 years not to mention becoming a full international.
EastleighBlue

Postby Crayfish » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:36 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:Didn’t make the starting 11 against Leeds surprising given his goal record

The reason he didn't start against Leeds was he was recovering from a hamstring injury.
Crayfish

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:11 pm

Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Just another 'newbie' looking for a say, Paul; but to date (like Doyley1927) nothing of note to say other than his negativity towards pretty much everything... :roll:

Not another one!! Lol
bluesince62

Postby todder76 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:16 pm

Jamal Lowe come from a lower division and he’s lighting up the championship give the kid a chance
todder76

Postby Blue78 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:31 pm

Seems like a really decent signing and as someone said, a good investment.

Young, low spend and he clearly knows how to find the net. His record this season is incredible and would suggest he is a proper goal scorer.
Blue78

Postby keanoswinklepickers » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:31 pm

I remember Gary Lineker signing for Everton from Leicester about 86-87. Went to watch Shrewsbury V Everton wed night FA Cup game when working away. Sat in stand with Everton fans bemoaning that he’s shit, couldn’t hit barn door with a f*cking banjo and hadn’t scored in 6 or so games since signing. Think he scored a hat trick that night and never looked back.
keanoswinklepickers

Postby llan bluebird » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:51 pm

I have never heard of him, but that doesn't mean shit....

Whats his style. Who is he similar to ?Is he Vardy, Ings, wide forward like every English talent, target man, Earnie. Is he tall, quick, a finisher
llan bluebird

Postby Scoularman » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:52 pm

Can't do any worse than Glatzel shove him in
Scoularman

Postby skidemin » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:01 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I have never heard of him, but that doesn't mean shit....

Whats his style. Who is he similar to ?Is he Vardy, Ings, wide forward like every English talent, target man, Earnie. Is he tall, quick, a finisher

he was struggling to find a club at all at the start of the season , even non league... apparently played as a trialist for Maidstone in a friendly against Crawley which ended with Crawley offering him a trial and then signing him.... 15 apps and 13 gls later here he is... sometimes it just all clicks ? you do get these stories in football from time to time so fingers crossed
skidemin

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:43 pm

Danny Says wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:Watters should suit our free-flowing approach to attacking football. :thumbup:

Now now none of that sarcasm please :roll:

:lol: You’re on to me.

On a more serious note, he’s young, has time to improve and is cheap by modern day standards. If he doesn’t make it, the fee quoted equates to about 10 weeks wages for some of our players, even if we released him on a free.
103 Barmy Army

Postby keanoswinklepickers » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:57 pm

Anyone Remember a young Dean Saunders on loan to us from Swansea I think. Watched him at Welsh cup games from the old Grange End ...Again couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo and ended up at Liverpool scoring for fun.
keanoswinklepickers

Postby skidemin » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:58 pm

Max Watters highlights and goals for Crawley ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FIGQXWIxeE
skidemin

Postby Doyley1927 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:27 pm

Crayfish wrote:
Llantwit Blue wrote:Didn’t make the starting 11 against Leeds surprising given his goal record

The reason he didn't start against Leeds was he was recovering from a hamstring injury.

Oh no not another Vassell!!!!

That one is for Sven.
Doyley1927

Postby Dazzy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:44 pm

I’d be really pleased with this signing. A small risk and exactly the type of player we should take a gamble on.

It may well not come off but, as others have said it’s a small price to gamble. He looks strong, fast (for league 2 at least) and can use both feet well. Couple of good aerial duels won from that YouTube vid. He seems like a confident player for such a young lad
Who needs Cantona, when we’ve got Stantona?
Dazzy

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:52 pm

Dazzy wrote:I’d be really pleased with this signing. A small risk and exactly the type of player we should take a gamble on.

It may well not come off but, as others have said it’s a small price to gamble. He looks strong, fast (for league 2 at least) and can use both feet well. Couple of good aerial duels won from that YouTube vid. He seems like a confident player for such a young lad

Likewise :thumbup: - Still don't get this early message of No Money to buy players - Unless in the Top 6 :o
TopCat CCFC

Postby Dazzy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:57 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Dazzy wrote:I’d be really pleased with this signing. A small risk and exactly the type of player we should take a gamble on.

Likewise :thumbup: - Still don't get this early message of No Money to buy players - Unless in the Top 6 :o

As much as I’m frustrated with Harris, and called for his head :o he must have massively reduced the squad wages (through loans and a much smaller group) which may have freed up a few pennies for a gamble like this.
Who needs Cantona, when we’ve got Stantona?
Dazzy

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:06 am

Dazzy wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

As much as I’m frustrated with Harris, and called for his head :o he must have massively reduced the squad wages (through loans and a much smaller group) which may have freed up a few pennies for a gamble like this.

Fair point and if there was No Money - Turn the tables as you said get rid of what you want and get in the amount saved .
Hope he turns this around - we had to wait for Covid to kick in and come back and starting playing again - last season .
TopCat CCFC

Postby skiprat » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:11 am

All I pray is that he doesn't get injured or is carrying an injury like a few we've signed in the past
skiprat

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:58 am

Probably sit on the bench for rest of season.
1980s Bluebird

Postby Crayfish » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:08 am

As long as he is reasonably competent and he should be he has played over 100 games at the top level in France as well as 25,games for Villa In the premier he will free up Bacuna to play in midfield which could make a big difference as he is our best attacking midfielder and Tuttu to play as a winger if neccasary. So it's not just a matter of gaining a competent full back.
Crayfish

Postby skidemin » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:04 am

Crayfish wrote:As long as he is reasonably competent and he should be he has played over 100 games at the top level in France as well as 25,games for Villa In the premier he will free up Bacuna to play in midfield which could make a big difference as he is our best attacking midfielder and Tuttu to play as a winger if neccasary. So it's not just a matter of gaining a competent full back.

wrong thread i think.....
skidemin

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat