Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING: “ NEIL HARRIS ON BRINK “

Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:28 pm

Cardiff City boss Neil Harris says the club are on the brink of bringing a new forward on board, and could even have the deal over the line by close of play Saturday.

A striker is just one of several areas the club are looking to strengthen in this window, with Harris keen on adding more firepower to his side as they look to revive their flailing top-six challenge.

“I said we have no money, but if players leave then, we will replace them.”

“I don’t really want anyone to leave.”

“ CCFC JANUARY TRANSFERS SO FAR “

Gavin Whyte and Joe Day gone out on loan till May.

Tom Sang brought back from Cheltenham after loan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING: “ NEIL HARRIS ON BRINK “

Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:08 pm

NEIL HARRIS:

“I am not just after a striker, players are needed in several areas.”

“We are looking to strengthen in this window,we still see a top six place can be achieved.”

Harris confirmed that City's efforts to land a new signing by the weekend would likely spark a departure this week and, with Gavin Whyte completing a loan move to Hull City, it appears as though those efforts will now intensify.

But while keen on adding to his forward options, the City boss admits he's still on the hunt for a new right-back before the close of the window.

Nevertheless, it now looks as though an attacking reinforcement is the most likely first arrival.

Speaking ahead of his side's clash with top-of-the-table Norwich City, Harris said: "Priority is to get a right-back, and that hasn't changed for a period of time. Even if Jordi's fit at the weekend, it's not going to change.

"I have to look at priority positions when it comes to balancing the books. Right back is a priority and probably something at the top end of the pitch, that we might see in the next 48 hours.

"I said I certainly didn't want anyone to leave the club unless we were bringing someone in.

"There's every chance that someone might be leaving within the next 24 hours on a loan move because we're getting somebody in and I certainly wouldn't want to lose somebody without bringing somebody in.

"We're waiting to see at the moment. I won't say too much more on that because I don't want to talk unfairly about other people's players."

In terms of their right-back search, Harris has already admitted to holding an interest in Crewe Alexandra captain Perry Ng.

A bid, reportedly around £250,000, has been rejected by the League One outfit, with Alex boss Dave Artell labelling the offer 'disgusting'.

Harris admits the club suffered a further setback this week, confirming that they had come close to landing an unnamed Premier League defender on loan, before the move collapsed at the eleventh hour.

"I am hoping we will have someone in by Saturday evening," he said.

"We have been very close to another player, a defensive player, but it fell through at the last minute in the FA Cup, he played well and will probably stay in the team.

"Good for them, gutting for us.

"But we need bodies in, nothing has changed for me."

Harris has also seemingly confirmed that the club have taken a look at Aston Villa's Frédéric Guilbert, who has been linked with a possible loan move to the Welsh capital in this window, although the strength of their interest remains unclear.

"Someone has put it somewhere. It’s a position we need," Harris added

"I have looked at about 85 right-backs over the last two weeks, Frederic Guilbert might be on that list."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:11 pm

Neil staying then

Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:13 pm

Wonder if it’s that Leeds youngster that was mentioned a week or so ago.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:17 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:Neil staying then

Seems that way, especially with him saying “Norwich isn’t a must win game”

Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:22 pm

craig1927 wrote:

Cast iron safe this bloke. Must have compromising photos of a few on the board.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:23 pm

Replies on Twitter:

Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:35 pm

Brilliant this.

People are going to click thinking he’s on brink of the sack (again).

Well played Sir well played.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:03 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
craig1927 wrote:

i think he bumped into them in a services and asked which had the longest....they went to the loo to measure and he got it on camera ? or maybe his mate did.. :lol:

Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:24 pm

skidemin wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:
craig1927 wrote:

i think he bumped into them in a services and asked which had the longest....they went to the loo to measure and he got it on camera ? or maybe his mate did.. :lol:

I got plenty of those Skids

Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:36 pm

Clickbait title.

Annis, when is Harris supposedly going to go? Your sources haven't been great in the last few years :lol:

Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:36 pm

Lads. Please. I am longest.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:54 pm

Still Here .... and is this a loan or Has money been found ?? ;)

Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:19 pm

What Neil Harris said about changing the manager at Cardiff City.

Interesting

Neil Harris:

"People think the easiest thing is to just change the manager.”

"Sometimes you have to look deeper than that within the club. The mindset, the mentality, the recruitment over a period and then what we want to do in the future."

“I want to be part of the rebuilding of the club.”

Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:23 pm

I think Harris will be here for the season now, if players being signed by him , hopefully for everyone’s sake it turns out to be correct