Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Had an interesting email off UEFA reference Euro2021 tickets

Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:22 pm

Had an interesting email off UEFA reference Euro2021 tickets, looking like it'll be cancelled again or behind closed doors. Refund or not refund... That is the question

Re: Had an interesting email off UEFA reference Euro2021 tic

Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:52 pm

I had the e mail too. I think at this stage sit tight. If it does become behind closed doors we will get refunds anyway. Hopefully by June we will have had the vacination as well. :)

Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:47 pm

I’m going to get a refund as there’s too ifs and buts.Went to Euro 16 and loved and was really looking forward to Rome but not worth it in my eyes.

Sad Times :sad7:

Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:39 pm

Sadly I just can’t see 10000 Welsh fans being allowed to travel around Europe never mind in a football stadium in June when we are likely to be still locked down going into April, maybe a reduced number and certainly a reduction in “away” fans attending .

Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:54 am

Got the email. Think I'll hang on for the time being although there's zero chance we'll be allowed to attend if they go ahead this year - wherever it is. Hope they go with it for 2022. There's already 4 games of nations league fixtures booked for June 2022. Surely it cant be much of a stretch to ditch those and replace with a European tournament. Even for the finalists it would only be an extra 3 games.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:23 pm

I am afraid until more about this virus is known ,what with the strains etc, and the vaccine veracity there are going to be no crowds for two to three years I simply cannot see it. There will be outbreaks here and there and lockdowns short/long are going to be the norm. We better get used to it. I know this is awful but the economy must get back onto it's feet and mass gatherings will be a complete no no with all the implications therein. It is a disaster for sport.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:09 pm

epping blue wrote:Got the email. Think I'll hang on for the time being although there's zero chance we'll be allowed to attend if they go ahead this year - wherever it is. Hope they go with it for 2022. There's already 4 games of nations league fixtures booked for June 2022. Surely it cant be much of a stretch to ditch those and replace with a European tournament. Even for the finalists it would only be an extra 3 games.

think what might be a bigger problem is domestic football having to kick the 22/23 season earlier to accommodate a break for the WC in Nov / Dec 2022... ?
anyway im hanging on for time being too...see how it all unfolds...

Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:19 pm

It won’t get carried over to 2022 as there is a World Cup n December so it will be 2021 in empty / partially populated stadiums .

Euro 2016 was always going to be difficult to match as it was almost perfect for Wales on and off the pitch !!