Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Perry NG / Cardiff City '

Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:07 pm

Sky saying we made a bid of £250,000 plus add ons but it has been rejected.

Re: Perry NG

Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:15 pm

Not sure how much they want for him, given they said our first offer was "disgusting".

Depends if this is that offer, or an improved offer.

Re: Perry NG

Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:52 pm

Shocking when you consider we paid about the same as that for Pato who had played in a higher standard league, had more supposed interest in him, at a better age and injured at the time as well... Oh and the current financial state of the world :nono: :crazy:

Re: ' Perry NG / Cardiff City '

Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:42 pm

Crewe reject Bluebirds' Ng bid

League One side Crewe Alexandra have rejected Cardiff's £250,000 bid for Perry Ng.

Sky Sports report that the offer has been dismissed. Manager Neil Harris is in the market for a right-back, with first choice full-back Jordi Osei-Tutu having been sidelined for the most of the season so far.

He made his comeback in an under-23s game on Monday but lasted just 39 minutes, sparking cause for concern over his fitness.

Harris confirmed the Bluebirds are aware of Ng when he asked about the full-back last week. Crewe boss Dave Artell labelled Cardiff's offer for the 26-year-old "disgusting" when asked last Friday about any bids the club had received.

Whether Artell was referring to the £250,000 offer Sky are reporting remains to be seen, but if Cardiff want to puruse the defender, they will have to up their bid.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:52 pm

I would not pay more than 250k for a league one player out of contract in a few months.
Do a pre contract deal and give him the extra 250k as a signing on fee.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:59 pm

In perspective we payed 5 million for gary madine.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:59 pm

So if the rumors are to be believed and Harris is nearly out the door who's chasing this fella.Would he necessarily fit a new managers idea of a rightback.Or is Harris still firmly in the driving seat?

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:05 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:So if the rumors are to be believed and Harris is nearly out the door who's chasing this fella.Would he necessarily fit a new managers idea of a rightback.Or is Harris still firmly in the driving seat?

Glad you spotted this Sneggy - After what was said from the board come Jan " Top 6 Transfers or Not " ???!!!!

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:06 pm

fred keenor wrote:I would not pay more than 250k for a league one player out of contract in a few months.
Do a pre contract deal and give him the extra 250k as a signing on fee.

Sounds good.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:12 pm

How much is this guy worth then? Hardly a disgusting offer.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:17 pm

Why he got 2 capital letters in his surname?

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:20 pm

A lot of this depends on the player.His agent will know what we want to pay him so if he wants to move Crew will sell him.In this current climate I find hard to believe Crew want to play hardball for too long.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:22 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:Why he got 2 capital letters in his surname?

It's all in the name NG - Not Good or Not Going ;)

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:39 pm

Sounds like a fair offer to me. He is out of contact at the end of the season when any club can pick him out for free. We should tell his agent that he will get a good bung at the end of the season if he signs for us. No real urgency for us as we are not going to make the playoffs or be relegated this season. Can't see anyone else offering more for him I rather suspect Crewe will be grabbing our arm off by the end of January for £250,000.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:44 pm

Escott1927 wrote:How much is this guy worth then? Hardly a disgusting offer.

no its not...but this might be a second improved offer..?

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:46 pm

A lot of posters looking stupid now for believing the word of the Crewe manager just to have a bash at the club

They obviously massively over priced this guys worth given his contract situation

£250k - £500k sounds bang on to me

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:56 pm

skidemin wrote:

Maybe. But the Crewe manager said they wouldn't be speaking to us again. No idea how much this guy is worth so its hard to judge what's a good or bad offer.

Considering we let paterson go for around 450k, that offer doesn't seem that bad.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:02 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Maybe. But the Crewe manager said they wouldn't be speaking to us again. No idea how much this guy is worth so its hard to judge what's a good or bad offer.

Considering we let paterson go for around 450k, that offer doesn't seem that bad.

If he’s worth nothing to them in a few months, testing their nerve with £250K seems a reasonable offer, particularly in today’s climate.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:06 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

If he’s worth nothing to them in a few months, testing their nerve with £250K seems a reasonable offer, particularly in today’s climate.

Shameful and disgusting by the club, according to some on here.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:08 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

i agree. i read this earlier about Pickering maybe going from them to Blackburn..mentions another player but not by name.comes across to me as maybe he was more irate with this mystery agent than anything else....
https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/t ... l-19611255