Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Breaking: I got told today / Neil Harris is & Bamba?

Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:00 pm

So either pay him up in full or agree a severance package?

Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:02 pm

I hope and believe this is happening but you probably have Harris, his agent, the League Managers Association and more than likely the club offering him his pay off in installments.

I've got no problem with Bamba taking over as he is working on his badges, Rooney has none but is in temporary charge at Derby.

Has to be settled quickly can't have this dragging over into the weekend.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:12 pm

A sad indicement of the clubs management that there is no one rated capable of stepping up into a caretaker role from the academy.
I can see Morrisson following them out of the door as well with the academy results so poor.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:12 pm

Shows how much mis information that happens from this board.

I think unfortunately Bamba has more important things to deal with than his badges yet some on this forum are quite happy to use his name to fuel their rumours.

Disgusting.

I wish Sol all the best with his battle.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:18 pm

A lot of rubbish has been said about
Sol. Considering what has been announced today..
Get well Sol.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:40 pm

Mr Shed wrote:Shows how much mis information that happens from this board.

I think unfortunately Bamba has more important things to deal with than his badges yet some on this forum are quite happy to use his name to fuel their rumours.

Disgusting.

I wish Sol all the best with his battle.

We are only a fans forum , if you don’t like the forum don’t come on here , no one forced you :banghead:

I said Bamba was ill.

Hope he gets better ASAP.

Funny Media Wales said he had a back injury .

Like I said no one forces you to read on post in here :thumbright:

We are just fans :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:41 pm

It’s clear there’s a problem with the management, we can all see that. However, what does this approach really achieve ? Putting out rumours that are only going to further cause more panic and anger amongst supporters.

Whatever all our feelings are towards the current standard of football we are seeing. What is happening with Neil Harris’s employment contract.

Also , after finding out the facts as to Sol’s issues. His name should be removed from the original post as it’s now very clear why he won’t be taking over should the opportunity arise.

This messageboard has produced some great threads and topic for discussion down the years which I enjoy reading.......

Re: Breaking: I got told today / Neil Harris ?

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:18 pm

This doesn’t make any sense at all

You don’t sack a manager but because he doesn’t accept the severance package you then decide to keep him on for a bit longer

There is no way that can true. A manager can’t just refuse to be sacked!!!

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:21 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:This doesn’t make any sense at all

You don’t sack a manager but because he doesn’t accept the severance package you then decide to keep him on for a bit longer

beat me to it.....

your sacked neil how about us giving you half a crown instead of 18 months pay......NO CHANCE...
erm ok let us think about it...your un sacked for now , any chance of you trying to beat Norwich in the mean time..

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:24 pm

If they could reach agreement, it would be termed 'by mutual agreement' and everyone moves on. To ask for full payment of contract whilst producing no work would be to draw out the legal process, so either an agreement will be reached or the infamous 'garden leave' is nigh

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:25 pm

skidemin wrote:

beat me to it.....

your sacked neil how about us giving you half a crown instead of 18 months pay......NO CHANCE...
erm ok let us think about it...your un sacked for now , any chance of you trying to beat Norwich in the mean time..

Don’t forget Malky stayed on for weeks, when they tried to force him to
Leave without properly sacking him.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:28 pm

Surely Dibble could step up for a week or two.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I believe it’s true, but got told today.

I got told today so thought I’d inform you that Harris rejected his compensation package early Sunday morning Talks still on going.

But apparently there’s no one really from the academy that they’d like to step in the first team. So it looks like harris is staying until they sort replacement from what I’ve been told, but club now actively speaking to managers.

Harris I believe has 18months left on his contract.

Discussions have been going on all night & this morning. (Saturday night and Sunday morning & today)

Tan is fuming and believes we should have got promoted this season.

So basically it seems like stuck with harris until they find the replacement, if true.

Sol Bamba
Bamba apparently doesn’t have his badges ready to take over as caretaker and us currently ill.

What a mess then - having a manager who knows that the club don’t want him but won’t agree to what the club want to pay him. Therefore the club and manager being at odds will clearly filter through to the players.

Still, the news about Sol tonight puts it all into perspective.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:12 am

Step forward Mike Flynn the lad knows how to set up a side ?

Times up - Time to go - Dead Duck Walking

Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:33 am

If this is true, then he needs to be put on gardening leave now. That is probably why the players arent playing for him, maybe that's why he has blamed ex players for the losses ?

Dead duck walking basically.

He should be on performance related pay - I reckon he probably owes us by now. Lets call it quits - shake hands and walk away still friends. Anything else and he's going to look very foolish. Times up - Time to go

Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:15 am

I think the term we are all looking for is "mutual consent"

Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:46 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:I think the term we are all looking for is "mutual consent"

indeed.. but if theyve asked him and he has declined his position is untenable...

Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:22 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I think the term we are all looking for is "mutual consent"

Martin, correct :lol: :thumbright:

Re: Times up - Time to go - Dead Duck Walking

Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:50 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:If this is true, then he needs to be put on gardening leave now. That is probably why the players arent playing for him, maybe that's why he has blamed ex players for the losses ?

He should be on performance related pay - I reckon he probably owes us by now. Lets call it quits - shake hands and walk away still friends. Anything else and he's going to look very foolish. Times up - Time to go

Performance related?? What about the players,are they paid on performance? I can name a couple who owe us in that case too.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:06 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:If this is true, then he needs to be put on gardening leave now. That is probably why the players arent playing for him, maybe that's why he has blamed ex players for the losses ?

Performance related?? What about the players,are they paid on performance? I can name a couple who owe us in that case too.

he has a contract mate ..no idea where this sort of thinking comes from tbh... shake hands and walk away friends... :lol:

Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:02 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

he has a contract mate ..no idea where this sort of thinking comes from tbh... shake hands and walk away friends... :lol:

Harris and Livermoore are entitled to be paid for the rest of their contracts.That's the bottom line.
Sol would have been an ideal choice,Such a shame.