Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The worst night of my life watching Cardiff City, I actu

Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:44 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:I didn't see many protesters at the last home game when Malky got us promoted.

That’s a good point actually.

Yes and that was the sad part of it. People were prepared to take it for success. To many success trumps anything else.
But to defeat the red we had to do badly sadly and us that fought for the blue back knew that. And I have said before had we stayed up we would still be red today.
But many protested differently some walked away whilst others including me stayed and made ourselves a pain in the arse which pissed of the red supporters.
It was bleak times where fans got threatened including one fan being told I know where your kids go to school. Me I was threatened by email but I would never back down.
In fact that email tore friends apart in some cases. But I’m glad myself and thousands of others fought for what was right and Annis saying the only time he sang wasn’t to sing we will always be blue and that is true. And don’t that time I never saw him celebrate when we scored either.
I think I was very close to walking away when it was reversed and many time I thought about I was more angry with fans that totally accepted it.

Spot on Nukes,

We wore BLUE every game, only sang Blue songs, never celebrated, demonstrated many many times.

I went to nearly 50 meetings in 4 years.

I nearly walked walked away, but we stayed and stood up for our identity during beyond horrible times.

Our fans were divided beyond :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:47 pm

I took photos that night just to ascertain the split in colour around the ground. If memory serves there was a lot of blue also. .I declined a scarf and it was pushed at me a second time I took said scarf and flung it on the floor I was half expecting to get nabbed for littering there was a lot of scarves on the floor I remember that. One thing stuck with me that night an old lady in front of me was always covered in CCFC badges going back to the 60's she wore the red but she looked embarrassed. I had a mate with me that night from London he was both baffled and sad, he was right. By the way is there any truth in the story that it was Tan's mother who told him to change back to blue??????

Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:26 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:I didn't see many protesters at the last home game when Malky got us promoted.

It's not a good point and it's a pretty shit thing to say.

Of course there wernt many protestor the night Malky took us up. What did you think would happen the fans would just totally destroy it for the manager and the players on the night? Wish their club to fail, hope for their club to die?

Doesn't men people were happy with the red or the night of the Brighton game which is what Annis is alluding to and I agree with him 100 %

Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:

Yes and that was the sad part of it. People were prepared to take it for success. To many success trumps anything else.
But to defeat the red we had to do badly sadly and us that fought for the blue back knew that. And I have said before had we stayed up we would still be red today.
But many protested differently some walked away whilst others including me stayed and made ourselves a pain in the arse which pissed of the red supporters.
It was bleak times where fans got threatened including one fan being told I know where your kids go to school. Me I was threatened by email but I would never back down.
In fact that email tore friends apart in some cases. But I’m glad myself and thousands of others fought for what was right and Annis saying the only time he sang wasn’t to sing we will always be blue and that is true. And don’t that time I never saw him celebrate when we scored either.
I think I was very close to walking away when it was reversed and many time I thought about I was more angry with fans that totally accepted it.

Spot on Nukes,

We wore BLUE every game, only sang Blue songs, never celebrated, demonstrated many many times.

I went to nearly 50 meetings in 4 years.

I nearly walked walked away, but we stayed and stood up for our identity during beyond horrible times.

Our fans were divided beyond :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Spot on mate

Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:10 pm

I really don't get why we need posts like this, everyone knows the rebrand was divisive and as this thread demonstrates it caused arguments and even threats. We've been back in blue now for 6 years.
Everyone has different opinions and if I'm honest I don't really care if people hated the red, loved it for the money it brought in, were ambivalent to it all, etc. That's their decision and their opinions and they're entitled to them, but it's not worth the argument these days.

I didn't support the rebrand, I didn't like it and I thought it showed a very big lack of knowledge on football and football culture on Tan's part. I went on the marches and the protests etc I even bought a brand new blue shirt from the previous season so I could have a blue shirt with the bluebird on it that would last me as long as possible, but I never felt like I lost my club.
My love for football and Cardiff City comes from days out with my dad, my friends, my school mates. Watching players week in week out, season after season, fighting and playing for Cardiff City. Travelling across the country with 1000's of other fans. None of this left with the rebrand and in our promotion season and debut PL season. I loved our promotion season, watching players like McNaughton, Marshall, Whitts, etc, all the players I'd backed during the highs and lows for years securing the biggest success my home team had achieved in over 5 decades was fantastic.
I don't support Cardiff because they play in blue, if I did I'd never go to away games or I'd support Chelsea. My love for Cardiff City comes from the near 2 decades of experiences the club has given me and the people that come with that.

As I said everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you hated the rebrand and never went to a single game until we changed back in 2015 fair enough. I do think some people are unnecessarily harsh on Tan for his past actions and it's blinded them to his successes. Sure we haven't ended up like Wolves or Leicester but on the flip side we haven't ended up like Wigan, Bolton, Sunderland, Charlton, Bury, Macclesfield, Hull, soon to be Derby and probably many more teams that have suffered from poor ownership.

I remember a lot of talk along the lines of "rather be blue in League Two", I do wonder what people think of Tan considering we've since had a season in the Premier League in blue.

But as I said I don't see the reason for posts like this 6 years on. Now lets get back to the present and focus on knocking the Canaries off their perch :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:17 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:I really don't get why we need posts like this, everyone knows the rebrand was divisive and as this thread demonstrates it caused arguments and even threats. We've been back in blue now for 6 years.
Everyone has different opinions and if I'm honest I don't really care if people hated the red, loved it for the money it brought in, were ambivalent to it all, etc. That's their decision and their opinions and they're entitled to them, but it's not worth the argument these days.

I didn't support the rebrand, I didn't like it and I thought it showed a very big lack of knowledge on football and football culture on Tan's part. I went on the marches and the protests etc I even bought a brand new blue shirt from the previous season so I could have a blue shirt with the bluebird on it that would last me as long as possible, but I never felt like I lost my club.
My love for football and Cardiff City comes from days out with my dad, my friends, my school mates. Watching players week in week out, season after season, fighting and playing for Cardiff City. Travelling across the country with 1000's of other fans. None of this left with the rebrand and in our promotion season and debut PL season. I loved our promotion season, watching players like McNaughton, Marshall, Whitts, etc, all the players I'd backed during the highs and lows for years securing the biggest success my home team had achieved in over 5 decades was fantastic.
I don't support Cardiff because they play in blue, if I did I'd never go to away games or I'd support Chelsea. My love for Cardiff City comes from the near 2 decades of experiences the club has given me and the people that come with that.

As I said everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you hated the rebrand and never went to a single game until we changed back in 2015 fair enough. I do think some people are unnecessarily harsh on Tan for his past actions and it's blinded them to his successes. Sure we haven't ended up like Wolves or Leicester but on the flip side we haven't ended up like Wigan, Bolton, Sunderland, Charlton, Bury, Macclesfield, Hull, soon to be Derby and probably many more teams that have suffered from poor ownership.

I remember a lot of talk along the lines of "rather be blue in League Two", I do wonder what people think of Tan considering we've since had a season in the Premier League in blue.

But as I said I don't see the reason for posts like this 6 years on. Now lets get back to the present and focus on knocking the Canaries off their perch :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

You dont get why we need posts like this but replied with one of the biggest responses on the thread

Go and have a lie down mate

Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:30 pm

RV Casual wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:I really don't get why we need posts like this, everyone knows the rebrand was divisive and as this thread demonstrates it caused arguments and even threats. We've been back in blue now for 6 years.

You dont get why we need posts like this but replied with one of the biggest responses on the thread

It’s a discussion board for people to discuss football things (mostly).
As I said I don’t see the need for a post that, in my opinion, has no relevance but it’s ended up with 1000’s of views and 2 pages of replies. Clearly I’m in the minority thinking this as it’s a topic people want to discuss and since we’re on a discussion board I thought I’d get involved in one of the bigger topics currently going.

Anyways it’s not as if there’s much else to do on a Friday night these days :lol:

Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:04 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:

It's not a good point and it's a pretty shit thing to say.

Of course there wernt many protestor the night Malky took us up. What did you think would happen the fans would just totally destroy it for the manager and the players on the night? Wish their club to fail, hope for their club to die?

Doesn't men people were happy with the red or the night of the Brighton game which is what Annis is alluding to and I agree with him 100 %

After securing promotion Tan came out and walk around the ground. As he approached the Canton he was welcomed by a few choruses of " We are Cardiff City we will always be Blue". Our finest moment and that was the icing on the cake.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:04 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

As I said I don’t see the need for a post that, in my opinion, has no relevance but it’s ended up with 1000’s of views and 2 pages of replies. Clearly I’m in the minority thinking this as it’s a topic people want to discuss and since we’re on a discussion board I thought I’d get involved in one of the bigger topics currently going.

Anyways it’s not as if there’s much else to do on a Friday night these days :lol:

But why would you want to get involved in a thread that and I quote. 1) 'I really don't get why we need posts like this' 2.) 'I don't see the reason for posts like this 6 years on' and 3.) 'Has no relevance, yet here you are with the biggest reply on the thread.

Come on mate, Scooby Doo is less confused than you, either that or your massively board.

There's literally 100's of threads on here each week that I don't get, see the need for, or the relevance so I swerve them :thumbup:

Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:30 pm

RV Casual wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

But why would you want to get involved in a thread that and I quote. 1) 'I really don't get why we need posts like this' 2.) 'I don't see the reason for posts like this 6 years on' and 3.) 'Has no relevance, yet here you are with the biggest reply on the thread.

Come on mate, Scooby Doo is less confused than you, either that or your massively board.

There's literally 100's of threads on here each week that I don't get, see the need for, or the relevance so I swerve them :thumbup:

As I said I don't think it's needed or relevant because the OP is about something from 8(?) years ago and the rebrand reversed 6 years ago. It was also a contentious issue which lots of people strongly disagree with others on and, as highlighted by others, it went to the extremes. Thankfully none of those sentiments have been stoked by the thread.

As for why I'm getting involved? Because I like discussion and a chit chat and this is a highly viewed topic. And yeah of course I'm bored :lol: Not sure if you've noticed pal but the nightlife has kind of dried up in recent times :occasion5:

Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:48 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

As I said I don't think it's needed or relevant because the OP is about something from 8(?) years ago and the rebrand reversed 6 years ago. It was also a contentious issue which lots of people strongly disagree with others on and, as highlighted by others, it went to the extremes. Thankfully none of those sentiments have been stoked by the thread.

As for why I'm getting involved? Because I like discussion and a chit chat and this is a highly viewed topic. And yeah of course I'm bored :lol: Not sure if you've noticed pal but the nightlife has kind of dried up in recent times :occasion5:

But it's not up to you to decide what's relevant or not on what is 'to quote you' a discussion board, so next time maybe have your say without saying things like, 'I don't get why we need posts like this' or 'I don't see the relevance' when the relevance is quite clear in that we are coming up to an anniversary of the night the OP was talking about on Tuesday of next week when I guess it will be remembered again, like all good and bad things that happen in life are.

Very much like the OP it was one of the worst nights of my life as a Cardiff City fan, it's important to move on, but also not to forget, so that the wrongs of the past are never repeated.

Thats me done for the night anyway, have a good one :occasion5:

Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:07 pm

RV Casual wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

But it's not up to you to decide what's relevant or not on what is 'to quote you' a discussion board, so next time maybe have your say without saying things like, 'I don't get why we need posts like this' or 'I don't see the relevance' when the relevance is quite clear in that we are coming up to an anniversary of the night the OP was talking about on Tuesday of next week when I guess it will be remembered again, like all good and bad things that happen in life are.

Very much like the OP it was one of the worst nights of my life as a Cardiff City fan, it's important to move on, but also not to forget, so that the wrongs of the past are never repeated.

Never claimed it was up to me but since opinions are welcomed and encouraged on this "discussion forum" (which is literally the tag line at the top of the page, that's where I got the wording from) I gave mine. Fair enough if the anniversary is next week, personally you could've given me 50 guesses what date it was and I wouldn't have known, I would've assumed it was the start of the season. As for it being "quite clear" it's neither in the OP or anywhere in the thread from what I can see so forgive me for not knowing.

Fair enough if for you it was one of the worst nights following Cardiff, like I originally said to me it doesn't matter how people reacted to the rebrand. Whether they resented it and never went to a game, whether they accepted it with open arms or if they didn't care that's for them and doesn't change my opinion on the person.

Anyways if you want me to PM a draft of any future comments I plan on adding to threads so you can vet them first, let me know :thumbup:
But I will also take my leave, night night :occasion5:

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:37 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Never claimed it was up to me but since opinions are welcomed and encouraged on this "discussion forum" (which is literally the tag line at the top of the page, that's where I got the wording from) I gave mine. Fair enough if the anniversary is next week, personally you could've given me 50 guesses what date it was and I wouldn't have known, I would've assumed it was the start of the season. As for it being "quite clear" it's neither in the OP or anywhere in the thread from what I can see so forgive me for not knowing.

Fair enough if for you it was one of the worst nights following Cardiff, like I originally said to me it doesn't matter how people reacted to the rebrand. Whether they resented it and never went to a game, whether they accepted it with open arms or if they didn't care that's for them and doesn't change my opinion on the person.

Anyways if you want me to PM a draft of any future comments I plan on adding to threads so you can vet them first, let me know :thumbup:

Behave yourself, I call bullshit.

You said you went on the marches and the protests and bought yourself a blue shirt but you don't remember when this happened, one of the most pivotal nights (for all the wrong reasons) in our recent history, not something anyone who had an ounce of feeling about the events is ever going to forget, apart from you if course, who wouldn't know in 50 guesses, yeah ok.

You have just outed yourself with your own lies and my gut feeling now tells me you are either roathy under another guise in an attempt to post on Cardiff threads or just a WUM, shame on me for not realizing sooner really, either way your going on the block list :thumbup:

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:58 am

RV Casual wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

You said you went on the marches and the protests and bought yourself a blue shirt but you don't remember when this happened, one of the most pivotal nights (for all the wrong reasons) in our recent history, not something anyone who had an ounce of feeling about the events is ever going to forget, apart from you if course, who wouldn't know in 50 guesses, yeah ok.

You have just outed yourself with your own lies and my gut feeling now tells me you are either roathy under another guise in an attempt to post on Cardiff threads or just a WUM, shame on me for not realizing sooner really, either way your going on the block list :thumbup:

ABSOLUTELY SADLY SPOT ON :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

FOUR YEARS OF FIGHTING FOR OUR IDENTITY / FANS AGAINST FANS / FOR ME IT WAS HEARTBREAKING & FOR MANY LOYAL CITY FANS I KNOW :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:58 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: Fair play what a legend you are :notworthy: :notworthy: In a sarcastic way of coarse Lol

Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:13 pm

RV Casual wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Is it seriously that hard to accept I don't remember the exact date of a game that happened nearly a decade ago? If I'm being honest I don't remember the dates of our FA Cup, League Cup, Playoff Finals or the 2 dates we got promoted. For me, and this is only my opinion, all those games were more pivotal in our history. Let me stress that fact that is my opinion. Obviously others, yourself included, consider this game more important.

I bought a shirt and went on marches because I preferred the blue and the old badge. It was what I'd always known Cardiff City to be and I wanted it back. The difference in our opinions though is that I still enjoyed going to the games because of time spent with friends and family, trips across the country, pre match and post match drinking. The rebrand didn't sour those things for me.

Also Roathy :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope some of the posters on here are charging him rent for the amount of time he lives in your heads! I can assure you I'm not him, a cursory glance at my post history and IP should be enough proof. As for being on a wind up? Hardly, I just have a different opinion.

I'll send your regards to the rest of the gang on your blocked list.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:14 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: Fair play what a legend you are :notworthy: :notworthy: In a sarcastic way of coarse Lol

Don't worry Nukes, I knew it was sarcasm. I know you don't bother posting sensible stuff :thumbup: :laughing6:

Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:28 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Don't worry Nukes, I knew it was sarcasm. I know you don't bother posting sensible stuff :thumbup: :laughing6:

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Twit with an A :thumbup: :laughing5:

Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:29 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Twit with an A :thumbup: :laughing5:

Awit?

Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:09 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Awit?

Take out the i and rearrange :D

Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:13 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Awit?

Taw. Awt. Wat. Wta. Stop me when I get it :thumbright:

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:29 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Awit?

Taw. Awt. Wat. Wta. Stop me when I get it :thumbright:

Be here all night. But you get the gist :laughing5: