Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

John Hartson and Ryan Giggs

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:33 am

This for me would be a great double act as Welsh management. John Hartson a welsh speaking proud welshman who has completed all his uefa coaching badges and would demand respect from his players. Also played at the very top level with big clubs in europe. John is extremely passionate about being welsh and would bend over backwards to get the welsh football team as far as he possibly could. I am not interested in listening to people who say "but he is a jack" John before being a jack is a proud welshman first swansea fan second. John would because of his experiance would demand his players give 110% during training sessions and matchdays and frankly would not settle for anything less. Ryan Giggs as a consultancy role or assisstant manager/player who has all the experience needed to advise John Hartson. I would also like Roy Evans to stay as coach and maybe John could bring in someone from one of his old clubs also. Players like Gareth Bale, Chris Gunter, Craig Bellamy, Joe Ledley, Ched Evans, James Collins, Nytanga, Earnshaw, Rickets, Ashley Williams, Hennesey, Adam Mathews, Aaron Ramsey to name but a few would look up to these too Welsh legends and would want to play for them. I also think Gary Speed should come in as part time coach and also Chris Coleman possible involved with Brian Flyn with the u21`s setup. For me this is a no Brainer and as a B Licence coach myself would be the only solution to getting wales back on track.

Re: John Hartson and Ryan Giggs

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:43 am

Woudl you prefer them to Martin O'Neill Rich? :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:47 am

Martin O`neil is a brilliant manager and you would seriously have to consider him, although would he as an Irishman show the same passion as Hartson and Giggs. So i would still go for the welsh double act mate.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:49 am

Hartson and Giggs have no experience as managers though :|

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:28 am

Obviously you would have to take that into consideration but if you had Coleman, Speed, Flynn and Roy Evans there then they would offer loads of advice. Ryan is best mates with Sir Alex and i would of thought Sir Alex would always offer Ryan and John any advice needed. The only other alternative is maybe a Hartson/Flynn double act although personally i would be lothed to move Flynn from the u21 set up as he is doing a superb job there at the moment. You could also try and get Rush involved with maybe the u21`s and perhaps Saunders there to manage them.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:33 am

Fair enough lol. Heard your teams looking strong for this season Rich :ayatollah: