Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City Shirts / Fans on holiday

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Has anybody bumped in to a fellow City fan on holiday this summer that they dont know - I was walking round Vilamoura Marina a week and a half ago and saw a young City fan - we exchanged Ayatollahs. :ayatollah:

Re: City Shirts / Fans on holiday

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:43 pm

not been on hols mate :cry:

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:43 pm

dorsetblue wrote:Has anybody bumped in to a fellow City fan on holiday this summer that they dont know - I was walking round Vilamoura Marina a week and a half ago and saw a young City fan - we exchanged Ayatollahs. :ayatollah:

Loads in Bristol Airport, Santa Ponsa, Palma Nova and in Palma Town Centre :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Cabapino marina in Marbella on the day of the Donny Game ayatollahs were also exchanged.......

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:02 pm

Went to Barcalona with my mates the summer after sixth form (2 years ago now), and saw a city fan on the metro there. Did the :ayatollah:, but I don't think he saw me.

Also saw a cardiff fan walking down Bath high street the week I started Uni there. We both did the :ayatollah:, and my flatmates just looked at us strangly lol.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:09 pm

i was in the canary islands during the play-off final, and i went to an indian restarant, as i sat down at my table, wearing my city polo shirt, a shout from a table across the way, BLUE ARMY, plus the ayattolah :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:Has anybody bumped in to a fellow City fan on holiday this summer that they dont know - I was walking round Vilamoura Marina a week and a half ago and saw a young City fan - we exchanged Ayatollahs. :ayatollah:

Loads in Bristol Airport, Santa Ponsa, Palma Nova and in Palma Town Centre :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You have turned all the Spannish all into City fans abroad, well done. :lol: :ayatollah:

Seen a Cardiff in the airport in Benidorm when waiting for the luggage, done the :ayatollah: but dont think he seen me. :( :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:44 pm

not this year did meet a nice couple who were brizzle rovers tho. they were in a tent next to our accomodation a caravan :o. but last year we were in the south of france walking to the pool onsite and my bro had his city towel over his shoulders and we layed it down and went over to the slide and this couple started talking to us saying that they from blackwood and was going to do the ayatollah but we didnt look at them. they said their son sits by vince and goes to all the games. my bro started a new job in cwmbran in november and turns out he is working near the couples son in the same office. its a small world :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:56 pm

not exactly holidays but was driving to Munich this morning and overtook a car with british reg plates. he must have spotted my CCFC sticker and became faster and did the :ayatollah: ... dunno where he was from but obviously knew what to do... :ayatollah: