Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:40 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
skidemin wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:Who gives a f***.

If the players want to do it, then let them do it. The footballing world, and the powers that be support it. Wish everyone would stop crying about this as if it effects their lives personally. Grow the f*** up. If you don’t want to return to the games the dont.

who gives a f ?
well after the rather childish name calling outburst //id guess you do.

Name calling?.. when?

I’m triggered by the constant berating of our players, and the players of other clubs when they aren’t kneeling to support racism like most people here are claiming. The Premier league, plus most of the footballing world have labelled taking the knee as a gesture to support anti racism. The only ones claiming otherwise are the angry white “all lives matter” brigade.

F***** get on with your lives and let be. Nobody’s personally attacking you by taking the knee, it’s meant to be taken as a positive gesture, so grow up the lot of ya

if i was a player...id be on one knee , most would...
but doing it because if you stop there is a shit storm... gesture of support my arse.. every club that has stopped has had a media meltdown that followed and had to come up with some air brain excuse for not doing it to not be cast as racists...... so no its not about growing up or crying its about right and wrong and this is wrong... dont do it...your a racist... personally i dont like BLM but like the pressure that is definitely there a lot less....

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:36 am

When we get the chance to go back, I'm not going to let a 5 second protest stop me from watching 90 minutes of football. Watching 90 minutes of crap football from overpaid footballers who dont give 100% might stop me, but not that.
If others dont want to go, that's up to them.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:07 am

ion wrote:Your right I don't very often,it just really annoying when the game I've watched for so long is being distroyed by all this political stuff ,we have never had s racist problem at the city or in fact in Wales do why bring it into the game,I tell you what I won't post anymore anything else than football stuff ,but you see what happens when the crowds go back

Destroyed by politics?? I think it’s being destroyed by under committed Cardiff players!

Players standing up for racism is key. Footballers having a message of positivity is key.

Surly the way forward is donating some of their salary to a charity. Say one that goes around schools promoting positivity!?

I’m by no means a snowflake. But bending a knee is clearly bringing about negativity. Money speaks louder than bending limbs!?

Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:40 am

If i was a professional footballer i would do exactly the same.....Whatever the club tells me.

We live in a two faced say one thing and do another world..... Politicians, media even Joe public thanks to our current virtue signalling trend, especially from corporations on everyone's favourite vehicle "social media".

You must say, do, look like you really do care, but if we look through your history you have actually done sweet FA fore or against the current cause you are so passionate about.

I an a middle aged greying white man, maybe my teenage kids have kept me in touch enough with what's the expected normal behaviours nowadays. Its all about saying or appearing to do the "right" thing.

Its not just a youth thing, you dare not ever speak out against the nationalistic overtones of "poppy day". You can not be seen without your demonstration of support. Even if you drag out last years poppy.

The premier league or EFL have many PR campaigns. It was rainbow laces this week.

I won't clap or boo for the two seconds before a game.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:04 am

Club banning booing fans

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -week.html

Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:06 am

Out players had more passion for this than the actual game :evil:

Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:04 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:Do you ever start threads that are actually about Cardiff City or the games?

So True ;)

Over 2300 views so obviously this is a very relevant topic. So the OP has every right to post this chiefs. And it’s its in the CCS. It’s causing massive divide but that is what politics does so keep it out the stadiums.
Only the left thinks it’s good to bring left wing ideology into sport ffs

Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:35 am

True Nukes.. left wing desperados angry when they’re out of the spotlight..naff off

Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:54 am

ion wrote:Your right I don't very often,it just really annoying when the game I've watched for so long is being distroyed by all this political stuff ,we have never had s racist problem at the city or in fact in Wales do why bring it into the game,I tell you what I won't post anymore anything else than football stuff ,but you see what happens when the crowds go back

Wow that's good to know that we've never had a racist problem. I would beg to differ. You not being racist doesn't mean it dont exist. Ask Malky Mackay if racism exists in CCFC.

"Nearly three quarters of people in Wales who identify as black or from an ethnic minority background have said they have personally experienced racial abuse, an exclusive poll has found.

The opinion poll has revealed the extent of racism experienced by Welsh black and minority ethnic people in their daily lives.

It comes as ITV Cymru Wales is dedicating a week of coverage, both on television and online, to issues and experiences of black and asian people in their communities". This from a HTV Wales poll.

I know that the usual suspects will rip this apart and tell me i haven't witnessed anything and its my fault for not working hard enough but don't try and tell a Black or BAME person that racism doesn't exist in Cardiff or Wales.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:55 am

davejohns74 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:
davejohns74 wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:Just because a few fans booed the knee it will never go away because all the media are forced to bring more black culture into the game.

Sam with respect you have no idea what you’re talking about and are coming across as a massive racist

Snowflake..

There’s a difference between crying that someone’s stuck their fist in the air and openly lamenting that black culture is allowed to be on display

Interesting how you choose to describe kneeling, a historic act of submission, as a display of black culture.

Plenty of black culture to choose from in literature, art, music to celebrate, but you see kneeling as a display of black culture.

If you had said a display of protest, or a reflection of a history of oppression you could have made your case, but you choose to frame it as a display of culture as though a meaningless, empty gesture protest, is an integral part of black culture.

Your words betray you and your white guilt based racism of low expectations.

Its funny how many white BLM supporters like to take to the pulpit and loudly proclaim themselves to be on the same page, but really they are just deflecting from their own prejudices.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:17 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:Do you ever start threads that are actually about Cardiff City or the games?

So True ;)

Over 2300 views so obviously this is a very relevant topic. So the OP has every right to post this chiefs. And it’s its in the CCS. It’s causing massive divide but that is what politics does so keep it out the stadiums.

It's not causing massive divide at all. This is a mainly right wing message board that most fans dont come anywhere near. I know that for a fact from talking to supporters.
Cardiff as an whole are not right wing and most I can guarantee don't give too shites whether they kneel or not.
If players want to kneel it's their choice and no one else's unless the football association say so and not a bunch of rowdy right wing supporters.
Thing is people actually think the whole of Millwall are right wing but that's complete rubbish. Most fans are ashamed of what happened.
At the last election I bet without me even looking they voted for a Jeremy Corbyn lead Labour too.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:23 pm

AHERNE wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

So True ;)

It's not causing massive divide at all. This is a mainly right wing message board that most fans dont come anywhere near. I know that for a fact from talking to supporters.
Cardiff as an whole are not right wing and most I can guarantee don't give too shites whether they kneel or not.
If players want to kneel it's their choice and no one else's unless the football association say so and not a bunch of rowdy right wing supporters.
Thing is people actually think the whole of Millwall are right wing but that's complete rubbish. Most fans are ashamed of what happened.
At the last election I bet without me even looking they voted for a Jeremy Corbyn lead Labour too.

Yep just like I though. Labour to the core.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:24 pm

AHERNE wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

So True ;)

Load of rubbish, ive spoken to many and they dont like it, politics should have no place what so ever in sport. and it is about politics, you clearly say so in your post!!!

Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:46 pm

AHERNE wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

So True ;)

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: typical Marxist response Lee. Keep your politics out the bowl. And you know for a fact all what you said. As football forums go this is very popular compare to other teams as well and it’s a good mix of opinions. So to say this is a right wing board is way off the mark. But then again when it comes to Marxists they see anyone that disagrees with them as right wing.
Ohh and stop telling everyone I’m a cat killer :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:50 pm

Aherne is right... he wasn’t looking. Begum is in Crown Court for fraud next month, and Corbyn has lost the whip after his anti- semitic escapades. Hardly worth referencing when football supporters are booing in the grounds..

Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:54 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
AHERNE wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

So True ;)

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: typical Marxist response Lee. Keep your politics out the bowl. And you know for a fact all what you said. As football forums go this is very popular compare to other teams as well and it’s a good mix of opinions. So to say this is a right wing board is way off the mark. But then again when it comes to Marxists they see anyone that disagrees with them as right wing.
Ohh and stop telling everyone I’m a cat killer :laughing6: :laughing6:

This is not a right wing board, just because this new insane left have lost their minds does not mean that others are right wing, been left all my life this new left are just pathetic and a menace, they are actually creating the a new right.
Its all a massive con game organised by the elitist racist left.
I will fight BLM all the way they are complete wankers.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:06 pm

If you lot think 99% of Cardiff fans agree with the comments on this message board then you really have lost the plot. I remember the election poll of 2015 or 2017 on here.
UKIP stormed it .... and where did they actually come afterwards haha
Even the National Front got a few votes.
We are Labour super Labour we are Labour from the Den

CAT KILLER

Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:28 pm

AHERNE wrote:If you lot think 99% of Cardiff fans agree with the comments on this message board then you really have lost the plot. I remember the election poll of 2015 or 2017 on here.

CAT KILLER

There’s plenty of diversity of political opinion on here, to claim its rightwing is ludicrous, even for you.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:29 pm

This is not a right wing board, just because this new insane left have lost their minds does not mean that others are right wing, been left all my life this new left are just pathetic and a menace, they are actually creating the a new right.
Its all a massive con game organised by the elitist racist left.
I will fight BLM all the way they are complete wankers.[/quote]

Know what Rob, you’re right. I doubt any of them have got their hands dirty, or worked in places where you had to look out..
It’s get a degree in social sciences or politics and pretend you speak for working class people. These people are lacking wisdom because they have never earned it..just elitism. They are losers.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:21 pm

The raised fist is NOT racist and your uneducated views do not become fact just because you keep on and on and on about it ALL THE TIME.

You are just a very poor executor of fake news.

The raised fist represents unity and solidarity with oppressed people. It was first used by white union activists.

The colour of these union activists skin has no bearing on their stance. I have mentioned it because you so easily mention black in such a provocative way.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:23 pm

rumpo kid wrote:
davejohns74 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:
davejohns74 wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:Just because a few fans booed the knee it will never go away because all the media are forced to bring more black culture into the game.

Sam with respect you have no idea what you’re talking about and are coming across as a massive racist

Snowflake..

There’s a difference between crying that someone’s stuck their fist in the air and openly lamenting that black culture is allowed to be on display

Why don’t we get the Irish players to turn up with a fiddle and play us a jig.. your focus on race says much, and does worse

Spot on mate, snowflakes like this guy will never understand that throwing shit in our faces will never get racism to end. How can people essentially stop caring about the colour of eachothers skin when it's constantly made into an issue.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:23 pm

This is only a right wind board in the sense that Guardian readers get hysterical about anyone disagreeing with them and start called them racist fascists. It's extremely tiresome and the reason I am starting to loathe all Guardian reader types.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:30 pm

AHERNE wrote:If you lot think 99% of Cardiff fans agree with the comments on this message board then you really have lost the plot. I remember the election poll of 2015 or 2017 on here.

CAT KILLER

From conversations with my many friends and family who regularly watch Cardiff and who represent all shades of political opinion only one is in favour of the taking the knee.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:00 pm

Regards to this forums political leanings, I went back to a poll of who you'd vote for at last years election and the results were:
Cons: 51%
Lab: 18 %
Brexit: 11%
Lib Dem: 9%
PC/SNP: 7%
Others: 3%
UKIP: 1%
Ind: 1%

Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:25 pm

I’m not going to stop going cos of the knee or whatever...if fans don’t agree with it then it’s their choice not to go .
Sport has always been political and you can’t separate the 2 ....cricketers not touring SA,countries pulling out of Olympics etc etc .
And you can’t blame the players....they can’t please everyone

Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:55 pm

AHERNE wrote:
AHERNE wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

So True ;)

Yep just like I though. Labour to the core.

Most Millwall lads I know have long since abandoned the city (same as West Ham) and I know quite a few having lived up here for over 15 years now.

Most are dotted around Essex and Kent now so not sure that the Poplar/Limehouse voting record is a good indication of Millwall fans political leanings. Probably like most of us deemed right-wing these days. Just not diving headfirst into the woke insanity that passes for left currently.

It's really not about right or left anymore though, that ship has long sailed.

The left has morphed into something entirely different, it is a new ideological dogma and it is far more dangerous than anything we've seen in Europe for 80 years or so.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:19 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
davejohns74 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:
davejohns74 wrote:

Snowflake..

Interesting how you choose to describe kneeling, a historic act of submission, as a display of black culture.

Plenty of black culture to choose from in literature, art, music to celebrate, but you see kneeling as a display of black culture.

If you had said a display of protest, or a reflection of a history of oppression you could have made your case, but you choose to frame it as a display of culture as though a meaningless, empty gesture protest, is an integral part of black culture.

Its funny how many white BLM supporters like to take to the pulpit and loudly proclaim themselves to be on the same page, but really they are just deflecting from their own prejudices.

I’m not the one saying what is it isn’t black culture. I’m saying that Sam ReaN complaining about black culture being forced by the media comes across as massively racist when I’m positive he doesn’t fully understand the connotations

Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:04 pm

davejohns74 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
davejohns74 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:
davejohns74 wrote:

Snowflake..

I’m not the one saying what is it isn’t black culture. I’m saying that Sam ReaN complaining about black culture being forced by the media comes across as massively racist when I’m positive he doesn’t fully understand the connotations

Fair enough Dave, it didn't read that way, but then sometimes context and tone can be easy to miss when its just words on a screen. If i took your words out of context/misunderstood your meaning then I apologise. :thumbup:

Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:16 pm

The discussion is therefore closed by Dave. It’s the same old trick. Samir Shah had to resign from the BBC for saying the same. Sam Reans words were probably a little clumsy, nothing more.

Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:33 pm

rumpo kid wrote:The discussion is therefore closed by Dave. It’s the same old trick. Samir Shah had to resign from the BBC for saying the same. Sam Reans words were probably a little clumsy, nothing more.

To be clear, having read Sam's posts and watched a few of his youtube vids post over the year's he strikes me as a nothing other than an honest and decent guy and has never come across as anything close to racist. Then again neither have most of us deemed to be racist/bigots/nazis etc. But to be fair, have to take Dave at his word and reading back I did misread his post.

Personally, I very, very much doubt that Sam is racist, same as most people in fairness.

You know I don't think I've ever actually met an actual racist in my life.

Crazy considering BLM told me we are living in the midst of a country that is institutionally and systemically racist. I guess I must just be blessed.

Either that or it's all my white privilege or because I'm a straight white male or one of the other heinous crimes I commit every day by merely existing.

I know I'll put some multicoloured laces in my shoes. That'll sort it.

:ayatollah: