Still doing the BLM fist

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby Nuclearblue » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:21 am

THE ONLY TIME I WILL GO DOWN ON ONE KNEE IS WHEN THE OTHER GIVES OUT !!
User avatar
Nuclearblue
 
Posts: 23105
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby Wade Wilson86 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:41 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:THE ONLY TIME I WILL GO DOWN ON ONE KNEE IS WHEN THE OTHER GIVES OUT !!


Your missus says the same thing
Wade Wilson86
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:19 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby Nuclearblue » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:16 pm

Wade Wilson86 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:THE ONLY TIME I WILL GO DOWN ON ONE KNEE IS WHEN THE OTHER GIVES OUT !!


Your missus says the same thing

With her MS she can’t anyway :banghead:
User avatar
Nuclearblue
 
Posts: 23105
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby Big Hill Blue » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:14 pm

Arrest the muppets that perform this racist gesture alongside the equally offensive Nazi salute.

Shame it will never happen during these pathetic woke snowflake times.
Big Hill Blue
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:27 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby robjohn » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:43 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:Arrest the muppets that perform this racist gesture alongside the equally offensive Nazi salute.

Shame it will never happen during these pathetic woke snowflake times.


woke is pure Maoism 101 designed to destroy society,

intersectionality and blm are pure unadulterated racism, unfortunately the millennial generation have been so dumbed down in higher education this is what you get and the rest of the normal population haven't got a clue.

Labour are so dishonest now they want 16 yr olds prisoners and non uk citizens to have the vote because
they know no sane person will vote for these absolute clowns and charlatans.

anyone who takes the knee is mental I have seen from the inside how effing nuts these morons are
robjohn
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby Big Hill Blue » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:46 pm

robjohn wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:Arrest the muppets that perform this racist gesture alongside the equally offensive Nazi salute.

Shame it will never happen during these pathetic woke snowflake times.


woke is pure Maoism 101 designed to destroy society,

intersectionality and blm are pure unadulterated racism, unfortunately the millennial generation have been so dumbed down in higher education this is what you get and the rest of the normal population haven't got a clue.

Labour are so dishonest now they want 16 yr olds prisoners and non uk citizens to have the vote because
they know no sane person will vote for these absolute clowns and charlatans.

anyone who takes the knee is mental I have seen from the inside how effing nuts these morons are


Unfortunately absolutely correct.
Big Hill Blue
 
Posts: 1350
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:27 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby robjohn » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:48 pm

Wayne S wrote:The raised fist is NOT racist and your uneducated views do not become fact just because you keep on and on and on about it ALL THE TIME.

You are just a very poor executor of fake news.

The raised fist represents unity and solidarity with oppressed people. It was first used by white union activists.

The colour of these union activists skin has no bearing on their stance. I have mentioned it because you so easily mention black in such a provocative way.



your the racist moron stop with the oppressed bollox its not the 1920s and I will never take the knee or raise my fist,
my have children who have a black mother and white father and will fight this bullshit all the way.

they are not victims and not oppressed .
robjohn
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:14 pm

robjohn wrote:
Wayne S wrote:The raised fist is NOT racist and your uneducated views do not become fact just because you keep on and on and on about it ALL THE TIME.

You are just a very poor executor of fake news.

The raised fist represents unity and solidarity with oppressed people. It was first used by white union activists.

The colour of these union activists skin has no bearing on their stance. I have mentioned it because you so easily mention black in such a provocative way.



your the racist moron stop with the oppressed bollox its not the 1920s and I will never take the knee or raise my fist,
my have children who have a black mother and white father and will fight this bullshit all the way.

they are not victims and not oppressed .


Well said Rob.

If only people could realise that victimhood is a choice and a state of mind.

And anyone who says its not go read Victor Frankl who was sent to Dachau and Aushcwitz yet refused to see himself as a victim.

History has been forgotten and now we're fighting monsters that don't exist because we're told they do by some with very sinister agends.

And while we dance to their tune we're all becoming those very monsters ourselves, while becoming more and more dependent on those who built our fear in the first place.

Yet, all we need to is stop listening to them and they lose all power. This is why the booing and all rejection of BLM is critical.

Too many are too interested in scoring cheap virtue signalling points to stop and see the bigger picture though. While for others the allure of being able to blame all their failings on somebody else is just to powerful to resist.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby CityBlue93 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:25 pm

robjohn wrote:
Wayne S wrote:The raised fist is NOT racist and your uneducated views do not become fact just because you keep on and on and on about it ALL THE TIME.

You are just a very poor executor of fake news.

The raised fist represents unity and solidarity with oppressed people. It was first used by white union activists.

The colour of these union activists skin has no bearing on their stance. I have mentioned it because you so easily mention black in such a provocative way.



your the racist moron stop with the oppressed bollox its not the 1920s and I will never take the knee or raise my fist,
my have children who have a black mother and white father and will fight this bullshit all the way.

they are not victims and not oppressed .


This forum is f*cking ridiculous fairplay. The OP said that the raised fist is 'racist'. This guy tries to explain using facts only how the raised fist is not a racist act.... so he gets called racist for trying to explain why something is not racist.

We have reached a point on this forum where the right wing anti-BLM brigade on here are going around calling everyone and everything 'racist' - whilst at the same time lamenting how the 'lefties' turn everything into a race issue.

Wild.
CityBlue93
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:05 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:35 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
robjohn wrote:
Wayne S wrote:The raised fist is NOT racist and your uneducated views do not become fact just because you keep on and on and on about it ALL THE TIME.

You are just a very poor executor of fake news.

The raised fist represents unity and solidarity with oppressed people. It was first used by white union activists.

The colour of these union activists skin has no bearing on their stance. I have mentioned it because you so easily mention black in such a provocative way.



your the racist moron stop with the oppressed bollox its not the 1920s and I will never take the knee or raise my fist,
my have children who have a black mother and white father and will fight this bullshit all the way.

they are not victims and not oppressed .


This forum is f*cking ridiculous fairplay. The OP said that the raised fist is 'racist'. This guy tries to explain using facts only how the raised fist is not a racist act.... so he gets called racist for trying to explain why something is not racist.

We have reached a point on this forum where the right wing anti-BLM brigade on here are going around calling everyone and everything 'racist' - whilst at the same time lamenting how the 'lefties' turn everything into a race issue.

Wild.


Genuine question, do you think anyone who is anti-BLM is by definition right-wing and if yes do you think that is because all right wing people are racist or because BLM is a leftist organisation?

Am genuinely interested in your thoughts on this :thumbup:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby CityBlue93 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:23 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
robjohn wrote:
Wayne S wrote:The raised fist is NOT racist and your uneducated views do not become fact just because you keep on and on and on about it ALL THE TIME.

You are just a very poor executor of fake news.

The raised fist represents unity and solidarity with oppressed people. It was first used by white union activists.

The colour of these union activists skin has no bearing on their stance. I have mentioned it because you so easily mention black in such a provocative way.



your the racist moron stop with the oppressed bollox its not the 1920s and I will never take the knee or raise my fist,
my have children who have a black mother and white father and will fight this bullshit all the way.

they are not victims and not oppressed .


This forum is f*cking ridiculous fairplay. The OP said that the raised fist is 'racist'. This guy tries to explain using facts only how the raised fist is not a racist act.... so he gets called racist for trying to explain why something is not racist.

We have reached a point on this forum where the right wing anti-BLM brigade on here are going around calling everyone and everything 'racist' - whilst at the same time lamenting how the 'lefties' turn everything into a race issue.

Wild.


Genuine question, do you think anyone who is anti-BLM is by definition right-wing and if yes do you think that is because all right wing people are racist or because BLM is a leftist organisation?

Am genuinely interested in your thoughts on this :thumbup:


Nope not at all, and no I don't think anyone would consider all on the right to be racist to be honest mate. There are certain people on this board who always comment on any political thread who definitely represent the right, and these people also seem to be vehemently anti-BLM, one doesn't equal the other but that is the 'brigade' I'm referring to.

I actually don't support BLM particularly or the 'woke' movement particularly, IMO society is so fragmented at the moment you can be a black Eton student with far more 'privilege' than some white lads I know, so throwing terms around like 'white privilege' are counter productive when they're used as a blanket term as seems to be the trend nowadays.

However I also don't like people repeatedly making shite up on this forum and not getting called out for it (e.g. the raised fist being 'racist').

I also don't understand why the f**k BLM is such a big deal on here. Didn't Middlesborough and Warnock say ages ago they woudn't be taking the knee? I can't remember a particular backlash to that (apart from the expected sensationalist stories from newspapers, but you get them for absolutely everything nowadays). Based on some of the people on this board you'd expect the marxist overlords at the EFL to have handed Warnock a 100 pt deduction but nothing like that has happened.

Football is politicised every year when we wear poppies (I imagine that sentence is the one thing people will focus on in my reply :laughing5: ), it's full of betting sponsorships from companies who are driving gambling addicted football fans into debt and suicide. There's so much wrong with the corporate side of football, why BLM is the line in the sand for some people I will never know.
CityBlue93
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:05 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:05 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
robjohn wrote:
Wayne S wrote:The raised fist is NOT racist and your uneducated views do not become fact just because you keep on and on and on about it ALL THE TIME.

You are just a very poor executor of fake news.

The raised fist represents unity and solidarity with oppressed people. It was first used by white union activists.

The colour of these union activists skin has no bearing on their stance. I have mentioned it because you so easily mention black in such a provocative way.



your the racist moron stop with the oppressed bollox its not the 1920s and I will never take the knee or raise my fist,
my have children who have a black mother and white father and will fight this bullshit all the way.

they are not victims and not oppressed .


This forum is f*cking ridiculous fairplay. The OP said that the raised fist is 'racist'. This guy tries to explain using facts only how the raised fist is not a racist act.... so he gets called racist for trying to explain why something is not racist.

We have reached a point on this forum where the right wing anti-BLM brigade on here are going around calling everyone and everything 'racist' - whilst at the same time lamenting how the 'lefties' turn everything into a race issue.

Wild.


Genuine question, do you think anyone who is anti-BLM is by definition right-wing and if yes do you think that is because all right wing people are racist or because BLM is a leftist organisation?

Am genuinely interested in your thoughts on this :thumbup:


Nope not at all, and no I don't think anyone would consider all on the right to be racist to be honest mate. There are certain people on this board who always comment on any political thread who definitely represent the right, and these people also seem to be vehemently anti-BLM, one doesn't equal the other but that is the 'brigade' I'm referring to.

I actually don't support BLM particularly or the 'woke' movement particularly, IMO society is so fragmented at the moment you can be a black Eton student with far more 'privilege' than some white lads I know, so throwing terms around like 'white privilege' are counter productive when they're used as a blanket term as seems to be the trend nowadays.

However I also don't like people repeatedly making shite up on this forum and not getting called out for it (e.g. the raised fist being 'racist').

I also don't understand why the f**k BLM is such a big deal on here. Didn't Middlesborough and Warnock say ages ago they woudn't be taking the knee? I can't remember a particular backlash to that (apart from the expected sensationalist stories from newspapers, but you get them for absolutely everything nowadays). Based on some of the people on this board you'd expect the marxist overlords at the EFL to have handed Warnock a 100 pt deduction but nothing like that has happened.

Football is politicised every year when we wear poppies (I imagine that sentence is the one thing people will focus on in my reply :laughing5: ), it's full of betting sponsorships from companies who are driving gambling addicted football fans into debt and suicide. There's so much wrong with the corporate side of football, why BLM is the line in the sand for some people I will never know.

Appreciate the response. :thumbup:

I think the BLM stuff is something of a lightning rod in a year where patience is thinner than ever and everybody is being pushed onto one side or another.

Its hard to resist at times, it feels like we forever being drawn into one side or another and there's no middle ground remaining.

I've been trying to work out why, but that's another thread another time. :lol:

You raise a really good point about gambling companies, it just shows how the powers that be can be righteous as fck on one topic and not give a damn on the other.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my question :thumbup:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby Nuclearblue » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:26 am

To right I’m against BLM. They are an Anarchist Marxist group and they will tell you that. It says so on their web site. They do not represent black people they are only interested in there own far left agendas and if anyone gets in there way they are prepared to use force even as far as murder no matter what there skin colour is. A retired Police Chief called David Dorn was in his 70s and Black he was trying to protect his friends store so those animals of BLM murdered him live on Facebook.
Many Black children have lost there lives during the peaceful protests BLM took part in.
Over here they was responsible for the desecration of our cenotaph’s and memorials and of Winston Churchill’s statue who helped defeat the real Fascists/ Nazis.
Now I find the players hypocritical they stood in memory of our fallen then fell to their knee fist in the air in support of those who desecrated the memory of these brave souls.
And I’m supposed to cheer on these fools ? Not a chance they ain’t my heroes those that helped defeat real Fascism are.
And I have to say I never felt there was any problems at the city between white and black players fans etc. I haven’t seen or witnessed this so called massive racist whites at every angle.
No this was started by those that run the show that need divide and conquer to get what they want so they use the gullible people to cause racial divide when there isn’t any.
The media and especially Sky are pushing this racial divide to massive angles that has now has set back race relations back by 30 years.
The vast vast majority take people by there character and by similar traits to one self not by skin colour.
We have all worshipped past players all be it white or black. My two favourite players of all time are Phil Joe Dwyer and Robert Earnshaw. I didn’t pick either player because of skin colour it was the footballer and passion they had for the city and the person behind the player.
Right now I feel no connection with football none at all and even losing to Scumsea on Saturday meant Fook all, I am 54 years old now and it’s the first derby match I have missed in my life either being there or watching on TV. And I chose to walk across the Beacons instead.
The slur on Millwalls fans because they booed was disgusting. At least they know there onions and what BLM is all about and no they ain’t racist fans either and they have more black fans than we do and these black fans at Millwall was also booing.
I’m sure if I was black I would look at all these white people falling to there knees and would think how f*cking patronising.
User avatar
Nuclearblue
 
Posts: 23105
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby skidemin » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:37 am

CityBlue93 wrote:
robjohn wrote:
Wayne S wrote:The raised fist is NOT racist and your uneducated views do not become fact just because you keep on and on and on about it ALL THE TIME.

You are just a very poor executor of fake news.

The raised fist represents unity and solidarity with oppressed people. It was first used by white union activists.

The colour of these union activists skin has no bearing on their stance. I have mentioned it because you so easily mention black in such a provocative way.



your the racist moron stop with the oppressed bollox its not the 1920s and I will never take the knee or raise my fist,
my have children who have a black mother and white father and will fight this bullshit all the way.

they are not victims and not oppressed .


This forum is f*cking ridiculous fairplay. The OP said that the raised fist is 'racist'. This guy tries to explain using facts only how the raised fist is not a racist act.... so he gets called racist for trying to explain why something is not racist.

We have reached a point on this forum where the right wing anti-BLM brigade on here are going around calling everyone and everything 'racist' - whilst at the same time lamenting how the 'lefties' turn everything into a race issue.

Wild.



one persons ...opinion/.//is that its racist...
another person does not agree... likening it to something a 100 years ago :?
and you...have chosen which opinion to call a fact....
as for calling racism....was always going to turn around especially when there are so many incidents getting called racist when they quite simply were not.... play with matches expect to get burned..
skidemin
 
Posts: 4695
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby Jock » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:15 am

CityBlue93 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
robjohn wrote:
Wayne S wrote:The raised fist is NOT racist and your uneducated views do not become fact just because you keep on and on and on about it ALL THE TIME.

You are just a very poor executor of fake news.

The raised fist represents unity and solidarity with oppressed people. It was first used by white union activists.

The colour of these union activists skin has no bearing on their stance. I have mentioned it because you so easily mention black in such a provocative way.



your the racist moron stop with the oppressed bollox its not the 1920s and I will never take the knee or raise my fist,
my have children who have a black mother and white father and will fight this bullshit all the way.

they are not victims and not oppressed .


This forum is f*cking ridiculous fairplay. The OP said that the raised fist is 'racist'. This guy tries to explain using facts only how the raised fist is not a racist act.... so he gets called racist for trying to explain why something is not racist.

We have reached a point on this forum where the right wing anti-BLM brigade on here are going around calling everyone and everything 'racist' - whilst at the same time lamenting how the 'lefties' turn everything into a race issue.

Wild.


Genuine question, do you think anyone who is anti-BLM is by definition right-wing and if yes do you think that is because all right wing people are racist or because BLM is a leftist organisation?

Am genuinely interested in your thoughts on this :thumbup:


Nope not at all, and no I don't think anyone would consider all on the right to be racist to be honest mate. There are certain people on this board who always comment on any political thread who definitely represent the right, and these people also seem to be vehemently anti-BLM, one doesn't equal the other but that is the 'brigade' I'm referring to.

I actually don't support BLM particularly or the 'woke' movement particularly, IMO society is so fragmented at the moment you can be a black Eton student with far more 'privilege' than some white lads I know, so throwing terms around like 'white privilege' are counter productive when they're used as a blanket term as seems to be the trend nowadays.

However I also don't like people repeatedly making shite up on this forum and not getting called out for it (e.g. the raised fist being 'racist').

I also don't understand why the f**k BLM is such a big deal on here. Didn't Middlesborough and Warnock say ages ago they woudn't be taking the knee? I can't remember a particular backlash to that (apart from the expected sensationalist stories from newspapers, but you get them for absolutely everything nowadays). Based on some of the people on this board you'd expect the marxist overlords at the EFL to have handed Warnock a 100 pt deduction but nothing like that has happened.

Football is politicised every year when we wear poppies (I imagine that sentence is the one thing people will focus on in my reply :laughing5: ), it's full of betting sponsorships from companies who are driving gambling addicted football fans into debt and suicide. There's so much wrong with the corporate side of football, why BLM is the line in the sand for some people I will never know.

Maybe it’s the line in the sand because people who are not racist are sick of the poisonous CRT and white privilege shite. As forBLM they should be more honest and call themselves SBLM because only Some Black Lives Matter. Violent criminal drug dealer Floyd dies and there’s riots around the World, literally thousands of black Christians are slaughtered every year by Islamists in Africa and it doesn’t even make the news, because it doesn’t advance the Stop Trump Alliance/Democratic Party.
Jock
 
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby mm3260 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:42 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
robjohn wrote:
Wayne S wrote:The raised fist is NOT racist and your uneducated views do not become fact just because you keep on and on and on about it ALL THE TIME.

You are just a very poor executor of fake news.

The raised fist represents unity and solidarity with oppressed people. It was first used by white union activists.

The colour of these union activists skin has no bearing on their stance. I have mentioned it because you so easily mention black in such a provocative way.



your the racist moron stop with the oppressed bollox its not the 1920s and I will never take the knee or raise my fist,
my have children who have a black mother and white father and will fight this bullshit all the way.

they are not victims and not oppressed .



Well said Rob.

If only people could realise that victimhood is a choice and a state of mind.

And anyone who says its not go read Victor Frankl who was sent to Dachau and Aushcwitz yet refused to see himself as a victim.

History has been forgotten and now we're fighting monsters that don't exist because we're told they do by some with very sinister agends.

And while we dance to their tune we're all becoming those very monsters ourselves, while becoming more and more dependent on those who built our fear in the first place.

Yet, all we need to is stop listening to them and they lose all power. This is why the booing and all rejection of BLM is critical.

Too many are too interested in scoring cheap virtue signalling points to stop and see the bigger picture though. While for others the allure of being able to blame all their failings on somebody else is just to powerful to resist.


I cant believe that you believe victimhood is a state of mind ???

Tell that to the Holocaust Jews or the nationalist Chinese. Tell it to the Aborigines, Maoris, Rohingya, Uyghurs, Kazakhs, Kyrgyz, victims families of Milosovic, South African indigenous peoples, Native Americans and countless others.

I assume that you don't class these people as fellow humans and that they led the world to a ,"Dark Place"?

You really are something else if you believe being a victim is a choice. Good thing you are not in charge of Domestic violence or rape cases
mm3260
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:38 am

mm3260 wrote:I cant believe that you believe victimhood is a state of mind ???

Tell that to the Holocaust Jews or the nationalist Chinese. Tell it to the Aborigines, Maoris, Rohingya, Uyghurs, Kazakhs, Kyrgyz, victims families of Milosovic, South African indigenous peoples, Native Americans and countless others.

I assume that you don't class these people as fellow humans and that they led the world to a ,"Dark Place"?

You really are something else if you believe being a victim is a choice. Good thing you are not in charge of Domestic violence or rape cases


Being polite, I don't think you understand the difference between being a victim of something and victimhood.

The first is an externality that could happen to anyone and sometimes, indeed often, very, very bad things can happen to very, very good people.

However, how you choose to respond to that is down to you.

You can wallow in it and curse God, Fate or anyone else for your misfortune, that is victimhood.

Or you can choose to accept that life is, has and always will be an incredibly cruel and unfair mistress and but only you can control how you choose to respond. That is true strength. Not outward aggression and dominance, but an inner belief that in the face of all adversity you can still choose not to be a victim.

This is not a new idea, it has been around for a long time.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.”
― Viktor E. Frankl, Holocaust Survivor ex prisoner at Dachau and Auschwitz

"No-one saves us but ourselves, no one can and no one will. We ourselves must walk the path'
- Siddhartha Gotama, Buddah

You have power over your mind, no outside events. Realise this and you will realise strength"
- Marcus Aurelius

"Nobody can hurt me without my permission"
- Mahatma Ghandi

"A second thing that an individual must do in seeking to love his enemy is to discover the element of good in his enemy, and everytime you begin to hate that person and think of hating that person, realize that there is some good there and look at those good points which will over-balance the bad points."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

“You only have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power—he's free again.”
― Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Survivor and Nobel Laureate

“There’s an ideological civil war happening. Black people that are focused on their past and shouting about slavery and black people that are focused on their futures, okay? … I can guarantee you, what you’re seeing happening is victim mentality versus victor mentality. ... Victim mentality is not cool. I don’t know why people like being oppressed, it’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever heard.”
- Kanye West, Modern Day Philosopher and Hip Hop God

“Yet a part of you still believes you can fight and survive no matter what your mind knows. It's not so strange. Where there's still life, there's still hope. What happens is up to God.”
― Louis Zamperini, Olympic Athlete and Japanese POW in World War II

"It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others."

- Dalai Lama


Finally, again politely, you must understand that your assumptions, say far more about your outlook on life than mine.

It is not my fault you choose to see the world in the way you do, but please do not project the way you see the world onto me.

As I said before, I truly wish you actually understood my position but it is increasingly clear that you see the world in a far more divided way than I ever will.

Equally, I find your comment about not classing others as fellow humans as offensive as it is ignorant.

If you actually took the time to read my words, and even better try to understand them, you would see that the very premise of everything I have said in this thread is consistently against the divisiveness that has poisoned our society.

It is why I stand so vociferously against BLM. It is why a position (not a biological fact) like you hold that black and white cannot see the world through the eyes of each other saddens me so very, very much.

If you read through the thread again you will see that at not one point have I either diverted from this position or attacked you personally. I've commented that 'this line of thinking', the line that you and many others espouse, saddens me. That is not a comment on you, but the idea you expressed. When it becomes taboo to challenge ideas, bad things happen, always.

You've chosen consistently to tackle the man rather than the ball. To throw out easy ad hominin smears and assertions rather than counter the points made. You would rather fight than discuss. That is your approach, and again as I said before, you do you, all power to you.

However, do not attempt to take your limited world view and extrapolate it onto my words. Disagree with me fine, but do not project your shitty ideologies onto my position as they represent the antithesis of everything I stand for.

Ultimately, you come from a position of anger, where I am coming from a place of unity. You are focused on the pain of the past, while I see what more we could all be together in a brighter future if we just stop letting powerful people continuously divide us, keeping us trained on our differences rather than realising our commonalities.

You choose to wear your victimhood like a badge of honour, whereas I refuse to be let the bastards grind me down and vow to at least try to make things better.

Yet in spite of all the baseless smears, lazy accusations and empty assertions you've chosen to throw my way, still, I wish you well and I truly hope you are able to move past all the anger at some point :thumbup:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:05 pm

Jock wrote:Maybe it’s the line in the sand because people who are not racist are sick of the poisonous CRT and white privilege shite.


I really think this is the case mate.

The proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back. You can only tell good people who've never held a racist thought in their lives that they are all, in fact, nasty racists, for so long before they will eventually push back.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby mm3260 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:43 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
mm3260 wrote:I cant believe that you believe victimhood is a state of mind ???

Tell that to the Holocaust Jews or the nationalist Chinese. Tell it to the Aborigines, Maoris, Rohingya, Uyghurs, Kazakhs, Kyrgyz, victims families of Milosovic, South African indigenous peoples, Native Americans and countless others.

I assume that you don't class these people as fellow humans and that they led the world to a ,"Dark Place"?

You really are something else if you believe being a victim is a choice. Good thing you are not in charge of Domestic violence or rape cases


Being polite, I don't think you understand the difference between being a victim of something and victimhood.

The first is an externality that could happen to anyone and sometimes, indeed often, very, very bad things can happen to very, very good people.

However, how you choose to respond to that is down to you.

You can wallow in it and curse God, Fate or anyone else for your misfortune, that is victimhood.

Or you can choose to accept that life is, has and always will be an incredibly cruel and unfair mistress and but only you can control how you choose to respond. That is true strength. Not outward aggression and dominance, but an inner belief that in the face of all adversity you can still choose not to be a victim.

This is not a new idea, it has been around for a long time.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.”
― Viktor E. Frankl, Holocaust Survivor ex prisoner at Dachau and Auschwitz

"No-one saves us but ourselves, no one can and no one will. We ourselves must walk the path'
- Siddhartha Gotama, Buddah

You have power over your mind, no outside events. Realise this and you will realise strength"
- Marcus Aurelius

"Nobody can hurt me without my permission"
- Mahatma Ghandi

"A second thing that an individual must do in seeking to love his enemy is to discover the element of good in his enemy, and everytime you begin to hate that person and think of hating that person, realize that there is some good there and look at those good points which will over-balance the bad points."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

“You only have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power—he's free again.”
― Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Survivor and Nobel Laureate

“There’s an ideological civil war happening. Black people that are focused on their past and shouting about slavery and black people that are focused on their futures, okay? … I can guarantee you, what you’re seeing happening is victim mentality versus victor mentality. ... Victim mentality is not cool. I don’t know why people like being oppressed, it’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever heard.”
- Kanye West, Modern Day Philosopher and Hip Hop God

“Yet a part of you still believes you can fight and survive no matter what your mind knows. It's not so strange. Where there's still life, there's still hope. What happens is up to God.”
― Louis Zamperini, Olympic Athlete and Japanese POW in World War II

"It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others."

- Dalai Lama


Finally, again politely, you must understand that your assumptions, say far more about your outlook on life than mine.

It is not my fault you choose to see the world in the way you do, but please do not project the way you see the world onto me.

As I said before, I truly wish you actually understood my position but it is increasingly clear that you see the world in a far more divided way than I ever will.

Equally, I find your comment about not classing others as fellow humans as offensive as it is ignorant.

If you actually took the time to read my words, and even better try to understand them, you would see that the very premise of everything I have said in this thread is consistently against the divisiveness that has poisoned our society.

It is why I stand so vociferously against BLM. It is why a position (not a biological fact) like you hold that black and white cannot see the world through the eyes of each other saddens me so very, very much.

If you read through the thread again you will see that at not one point have I either diverted from this position or attacked you personally. I've commented that 'this line of thinking', the line that you and many others espouse, saddens me. That is not a comment on you, but the idea you expressed. When it becomes taboo to challenge ideas, bad things happen, always.

You've chosen consistently to tackle the man rather than the ball. To throw out easy ad hominin smears and assertions rather than counter the points made. You would rather fight than discuss. That is your approach, and again as I said before, you do you, all power to you.

However, do not attempt to take your limited world view and extrapolate it onto my words. Disagree with me fine, but do not project your shitty ideologies onto my position as they represent the antithesis of everything I stand for.

Ultimately, you come from a position of anger, where I am coming from a place of unity. You are focused on the pain of the past, while I see what more we could all be together in a brighter future if we just stop letting powerful people continuously divide us, keeping us trained on our differences rather than realising our commonalities.

You choose to wear your victimhood like a badge of honour, whereas I refuse to be let the bastards grind me down and vow to at least try to make things better.

Yet in spite of all the baseless smears, lazy accusations and empty assertions you've chosen to throw my way, still, I wish you well and I truly hope you are able to move past all the anger at some point :thumbup:


you are the one who quoted Frankl , a holocaust survivor in your analogy so don't try to worm out of it. You need to be a victim to truly suffer from victimhood. You quote half a dozen or so people from history to back up you claim about victimhood being a state of mind and i give you Tens of millions who would disagree.

You say don't press my ideals onto you? that's because i have a moral conscience that see all men equal and i strive to see that all those that suffer oppression are given a voice.

In a previous post about you not be able to see the world through the eyes of a black person you tried to make out that you were a victim of this train of thought. You further state that institutional racism doesn't exist in this country because you've blown that one out of the water on this forum. Who knew hey?

You used some of the least populated states of the USA as an example to say that covid wasn't as bad as people make it out to be but had to backtrack on that one.

You tell us all we are idiots if we have the vaccine.

you told another poster not to give me credit for a copy and paste article about Littlejohn. What did that add to the debate? Nothing to the debate but made you feel better i think.

you are a sad individual consumed by your own hatred of decency and fearful of anybody who calls you out. I wish you well in the same way that i wish anybody who is tormented can find peace.
mm3260
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:35 pm

Ok, there is a lot of personal attacks in there and a lot of very inaccurate statements. It's your right to act like that entirely, post what you want. However, I do need to defend my honour as it were. That said, this is my first, last and only post in which I will do so.

Beyond, that if you want to carry on down the same path please just anticipate my response to be along the lines of :roll:

So just to clear up the inaccuracies this one time...

mm3260 wrote:you are the one who quoted Frankl, a holocaust survivor in your analogy so don't try to worm out of it. You need to be a victim to truly suffer from victimhood. You quote half a dozen or so people from history to back up you claim about victimhood being a state of mind and i give you Tens of millions who would disagree.

I quoted Frankl specifically because he and his memoirs are the perfect example of someone being a victim who doesn't accept victimhood. Again politely, you don't appear to understand the two are separate things. Also, I'm not quite sure how that is worming out of anything and also worming out of what?


mm3260 wrote:You say don't press my ideals onto you? that's because i have a moral conscience that see all men equal and i strive to see that all those that suffer oppression are given a voice.


Let's be honest here, you clearly don't see all men as equal. You see a divide, or at least that's what your previous comments suggest. You literally said I cannot tell you how being white feels because i'm not white. You can't tell me the consequences of being a black person if you are white because you don't know

If we cannot see the world the same, then you cannot see us as equal.

I on the other hand do. As I stated in the other thread I see a person's thoughts, deeds and actions, what lies in their heart as more important than any surface-level bullshit like race or gender.

mm3260 wrote:In a previous post about you not be able to see the world through the eyes of a black person you tried to make out that you were a victim of this train of thought.


Where, did I say that I was a victim of that? I actually said...

This line of thinking just saddens me so much, because it only leads to one place and that is a dark place from our past that we have long ago moved on from, yet we are embracing a divisive and poisonous ideology that is taking us back there.

Being saddened by something is very different from being a victim of it.

mm3260 wrote:You further state that institutional racism doesn't exist in this country because you've blown that one out of the water on this forum. Who knew hey?


Actually, I probably said institutional and systemic racism don't exist in the UK. They don't.

For something to be institutional, it has to baked into the foundations of the institution.

If we lived in an institutionally racist society that would me that racism is codified into our legal system and people of a certain ethnicity couldn't achieve positions of office. Dawn Butler, Dianne Abbott, David Lammy, Priti Patel, Rishi Sunak just to name a few non-white politicians are examples of that the UK is not institutionally racist.

Similarly, if something is systemic, it means that it is apparent within all elements of a system.

If the UK was systemically racist all elements of the UK would be racist. This is not the case. Words have meanings and those meanings are important.

They might be nice-sounding buzz words but they are grossly inaccurate, regardless of how many people want to change their meaning.

mm3260 wrote:You used some of the least populated states of the USA as an example to say that covid wasn't as bad as people make it out to be but had to backtrack on that one.


Again, no. I made a point about how the US as a country cannot be used as an example of how lockdowns were either ineffective or effective

I initially posted:

Can't look at the US as a whole as there are too many different approaches across the differing States. If you look at it on the state level if anything the US is a good example of how lockdowns have had a negative impact.

Then when someone made a point about comparative population sizes (that actually agreed with my comments about the favellas of Brazil) I replied:

I agree, the point i take is that there are more variables than the simple lockdown good or bad and country by country comparisons are largely meaningless as there are too many variables to factor in for relative comparisons.

That wasn't even a discussion of COVID but on lockdowns, so not only is your statement wrong, but it is on the wrong damn topic!

mm3260 wrote:You tell us all we are idiots if we have the vaccine.

No, I just don't want it to be mandatory and i would rather be cautious than be the first to take a rapidly developed vaccine and that has always been my position.

My first post on the vaccine stated as much and I've been consistent on that throughout:

I'm all for people who want to take a vaccine as soon it is available being able to do so, all power to you, get the jab and get on with your lives, and deal with the consequences (if there are any) come what May.

But I'll just wait here quietly at the back of the queue for as long as I can.


mm3260 wrote:you told another poster not to give me credit for a copy and paste article about Littlejohn. What did that add to the debate? Nothing to the debate but made you feel better i think.

Yeah, I was being petty there. Mea culpa.

You really should quote a source if your copying and pasting, and I can't help finding that annoying though, I write for a living and I've had my work plagiarised quite a few times. It's simple really, if you're going to quote someone else's work then give them credit rather than indicate it is your own.

But yep happy to admit that brought little of value to the table.

mm3260 wrote:you are a sad individual consumed by your own hatred of decency and fearful of anybody who calls you out.


Yep, I hate all that is good and decent. You go with that mate, with your in-depth knowledge of all I am, what hardships I've faced, what life I've lived, what things I've achieved and what sadness I've felt. You know nothing of me.

mm3260 wrote:I wish you well in the same way that i wish anybody who is tormented can find peace.

Thanks. :thumbup:


Look to be honest, we've derailed the thread enough now, it is just becoming an opportunity for you to grind an axe on all the things you don't like about me personally which while it might be exorcising a few ghosts for you, isn't really productive (or accurate evidently) and if I'm really going to be brutally honest, you're making yourself look like a bit of a tit.

So I suggest either counter the ideas I've put forward without resorting to personal attacks or just leave it there.

For clarity the points I've raised on this topic in the last two threads that you seem to object to are:

Segregation was a dark place in our history, yet in the name of woke ideologies we are seeing segregation return in the US. I think this is a bad thing.

I've asked you to explain to me why the human race is better divided, focused on our differences instead of coming together and focusing on the much bigger commonalities we all share as part of this fragile, yet strangely wonderful, inventive and beautiful thing we call the human race.

There is a difference between being a victim of something and embracing victimhood. I believe it is a healthier approach to choose not to see oneself as victim

You want to argue against any of those points without throwing around angry rhetoric great, I'll happily respond politely to you as I have done consistently.

You want to throw shit my way that is inaccurate, offensive and lacking clarity of thought, having now outlined how you've been wrong on almost everything you've accused me of in the above, then sorry but it's just not worth my time responding beyond this.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby mm3260 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:22 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Ok, there is a lot of personal attacks in there and a lot of very inaccurate statements. It's your right to act like that entirely, post what you want. However, I do need to defend my honour as it were. That said, this is my first, last and only post in which I will do so.

Beyond, that if you want to carry on down the same path please just anticipate my response to be along the lines of :roll:

So just to clear up the inaccuracies this one time...

mm3260 wrote:you are the one who quoted Frankl, a holocaust survivor in your analogy so don't try to worm out of it. You need to be a victim to truly suffer from victimhood. You quote half a dozen or so people from history to back up you claim about victimhood being a state of mind and i give you Tens of millions who would disagree.

I quoted Frankl specifically because he and his memoirs are the perfect example of someone being a victim who doesn't accept victimhood. Again politely, you don't appear to understand the two are separate things. Also, I'm not quite sure how that is worming out of anything and also worming out of what?


mm3260 wrote:You say don't press my ideals onto you? that's because i have a moral conscience that see all men equal and i strive to see that all those that suffer oppression are given a voice.


Let's be honest here, you clearly don't see all men as equal. You see a divide, or at least that's what your previous comments suggest. You literally said I cannot tell you how being white feels because i'm not white. You can't tell me the consequences of being a black person if you are white because you don't know

If we cannot see the world the same, then you cannot see us as equal.

I on the other hand do. As I stated in the other thread I see a person's thoughts, deeds and actions, what lies in their heart as more important than any surface-level bullshit like race or gender.

mm3260 wrote:In a previous post about you not be able to see the world through the eyes of a black person you tried to make out that you were a victim of this train of thought.


Where, did I say that I was a victim of that? I actually said...

This line of thinking just saddens me so much, because it only leads to one place and that is a dark place from our past that we have long ago moved on from, yet we are embracing a divisive and poisonous ideology that is taking us back there.

Being saddened by something is very different from being a victim of it.

mm3260 wrote:You further state that institutional racism doesn't exist in this country because you've blown that one out of the water on this forum. Who knew hey?


Actually, I probably said institutional and systemic racism don't exist in the UK. They don't.

For something to be institutional, it has to baked into the foundations of the institution.

If we lived in an institutionally racist society that would me that racism is codified into our legal system and people of a certain ethnicity couldn't achieve positions of office. Dawn Butler, Dianne Abbott, David Lammy, Priti Patel, Rishi Sunak just to name a few non-white politicians are examples of that the UK is not institutionally racist.

Similarly, if something is systemic, it means that it is apparent within all elements of a system.

If the UK was systemically racist all elements of the UK would be racist. This is not the case. Words have meanings and those meanings are important.

They might be nice-sounding buzz words but they are grossly inaccurate, regardless of how many people want to change their meaning.

mm3260 wrote:You used some of the least populated states of the USA as an example to say that covid wasn't as bad as people make it out to be but had to backtrack on that one.


Again, no. I made a point about how the US as a country cannot be used as an example of how lockdowns were either ineffective or effective

I initially posted:

Can't look at the US as a whole as there are too many different approaches across the differing States. If you look at it on the state level if anything the US is a good example of how lockdowns have had a negative impact.

Then when someone made a point about comparative population sizes (that actually agreed with my comments about the favellas of Brazil) I replied:

I agree, the point i take is that there are more variables than the simple lockdown good or bad and country by country comparisons are largely meaningless as there are too many variables to factor in for relative comparisons.

That wasn't even a discussion of COVID but on lockdowns, so not only is your statement wrong, but it is on the wrong damn topic!

mm3260 wrote:You tell us all we are idiots if we have the vaccine.

No, I just don't want it to be mandatory and i would rather be cautious than be the first to take a rapidly developed vaccine and that has always been my position.

My first post on the vaccine stated as much and I've been consistent on that throughout:

I'm all for people who want to take a vaccine as soon it is available being able to do so, all power to you, get the jab and get on with your lives, and deal with the consequences (if there are any) come what May.

But I'll just wait here quietly at the back of the queue for as long as I can.


mm3260 wrote:you told another poster not to give me credit for a copy and paste article about Littlejohn. What did that add to the debate? Nothing to the debate but made you feel better i think.

Yeah, I was being petty there. Mea culpa.

You really should quote a source if your copying and pasting, and I can't help finding that annoying though, I write for a living and I've had my work plagiarised quite a few times. It's simple really, if you're going to quote someone else's work then give them credit rather than indicate it is your own.

But yep happy to admit that brought little of value to the table.

mm3260 wrote:you are a sad individual consumed by your own hatred of decency and fearful of anybody who calls you out.


Yep, I hate all that is good and decent. You go with that mate, with your in-depth knowledge of all I am, what hardships I've faced, what life I've lived, what things I've achieved and what sadness I've felt. You know nothing of me.

mm3260 wrote:I wish you well in the same way that i wish anybody who is tormented can find peace.

Thanks. :thumbup:


Look to be honest, we've derailed the thread enough now, it is just becoming an opportunity for you to grind an axe on all the things you don't like about me personally which while it might be exorcising a few ghosts for you, isn't really productive (or accurate evidently) and if I'm really going to be brutally honest, you're making yourself look like a bit of a tit.

So I suggest either counter the ideas I've put forward without resorting to personal attacks or just leave it there.

For clarity the points I've raised on this topic in the last two threads that you seem to object to are:

Segregation was a dark place in our history, yet in the name of woke ideologies we are seeing segregation return in the US. I think this is a bad thing.

I've asked you to explain to me why the human race is better divided, focused on our differences instead of coming together and focusing on the much bigger commonalities we all share as part of this fragile, yet strangely wonderful, inventive and beautiful thing we call the human race.

There is a difference between being a victim of something and embracing victimhood. I believe it is a healthier approach to choose not to see oneself as victim

You want to argue against any of those points without throwing around angry rhetoric great, I'll happily respond politely to you as I have done consistently.

You want to throw shit my way that is inaccurate, offensive and lacking clarity of thought, having now outlined how you've been wrong on almost everything you've accused me of in the above, then sorry but it's just not worth my time responding beyond this.


Enough back and forth about this as i have said all i needed to say but because you quoted Kanye West, i will quote Bob Marley( who turned a speech to the United Nations by Haile Selassie into a song)

Until the philosophy which hold one race superior
And another inferior
Is finally and permanently
Discredited and abandoned
Everywhere is war
Me say war

That until there no longer first class and second class citizens of any nation
Until the colour of a man's skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes
Me say war

That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all
Without regard to race
Dis a war

That until that day, dream of lasting peace, world citizenship
Rule of international morality
Will remain in but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained
Now everywhere is war
War

All the Best
mm3260
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby skidemin » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:34 pm

Jock wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
robjohn wrote:
Wayne S wrote:The raised fist is NOT racist and your uneducated views do not become fact just because you keep on and on and on about it ALL THE TIME.

You are just a very poor executor of fake news.

The raised fist represents unity and solidarity with oppressed people. It was first used by white union activists.

The colour of these union activists skin has no bearing on their stance. I have mentioned it because you so easily mention black in such a provocative way.



your the racist moron stop with the oppressed bollox its not the 1920s and I will never take the knee or raise my fist,
my have children who have a black mother and white father and will fight this bullshit all the way.

they are not victims and not oppressed .


This forum is f*cking ridiculous fairplay. The OP said that the raised fist is 'racist'. This guy tries to explain using facts only how the raised fist is not a racist act.... so he gets called racist for trying to explain why something is not racist.

We have reached a point on this forum where the right wing anti-BLM brigade on here are going around calling everyone and everything 'racist' - whilst at the same time lamenting how the 'lefties' turn everything into a race issue.

Wild.


Genuine question, do you think anyone who is anti-BLM is by definition right-wing and if yes do you think that is because all right wing people are racist or because BLM is a leftist organisation?

Am genuinely interested in your thoughts on this :thumbup:


Nope not at all, and no I don't think anyone would consider all on the right to be racist to be honest mate. There are certain people on this board who always comment on any political thread who definitely represent the right, and these people also seem to be vehemently anti-BLM, one doesn't equal the other but that is the 'brigade' I'm referring to.

I actually don't support BLM particularly or the 'woke' movement particularly, IMO society is so fragmented at the moment you can be a black Eton student with far more 'privilege' than some white lads I know, so throwing terms around like 'white privilege' are counter productive when they're used as a blanket term as seems to be the trend nowadays.

However I also don't like people repeatedly making shite up on this forum and not getting called out for it (e.g. the raised fist being 'racist').

I also don't understand why the f**k BLM is such a big deal on here. Didn't Middlesborough and Warnock say ages ago they woudn't be taking the knee? I can't remember a particular backlash to that (apart from the expected sensationalist stories from newspapers, but you get them for absolutely everything nowadays). Based on some of the people on this board you'd expect the marxist overlords at the EFL to have handed Warnock a 100 pt deduction but nothing like that has happened.

Football is politicised every year when we wear poppies (I imagine that sentence is the one thing people will focus on in my reply :laughing5: ), it's full of betting sponsorships from companies who are driving gambling addicted football fans into debt and suicide. There's so much wrong with the corporate side of football, why BLM is the line in the sand for some people I will never know.

Maybe it’s the line in the sand because people who are not racist are sick of the poisonous CRT and white privilege shite. As forBLM they should be more honest and call themselves SBLM because only Some Black Lives Matter. Violent criminal drug dealer Floyd dies and there’s riots around the World, literally thousands of black Christians are slaughtered every year by Islamists in Africa and it doesn’t even make the news, because it doesn’t advance the Stop Trump Alliance/Democratic Party.



indeed mate.....everytime poppies are chucked in...a gardening correspondent decides the word native when speaking about plants is racist..or a game attended by 62k pple is stopped because 1 man thinks he heard a monkey noise while the other 62k heard nothing it implies millions of people without a racist thought are in some way suppressing dreams of being in the klan..
skidemin
 
Posts: 4695
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:59 pm

mm3260 wrote:Enough back and forth about this as i have said all i needed to say but because you quoted Kanye West, i will quote Bob Marley( who turned a speech to the United Nations by Haile Selassie into a song)

Until the philosophy which hold one race superior
And another inferior
Is finally and permanently
Discredited and abandoned
Everywhere is war
Me say war

That until there no longer first class and second class citizens of any nation
Until the colour of a man's skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes
Me say war

That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all
Without regard to race
Dis a war

That until that day, dream of lasting peace, world citizenship
Rule of international morality
Will remain in but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained
Now everywhere is war
War

All the Best


First thing I posted that you took offence to was a cover of a Bob Marley song so I guess that brings it full circle.

I could make a point about how the Bob Marley song I felt supported my position was One Love and the Bob Marley song you feel support your thoughts is War, but I'll leave that for you to ponder.

I honestly do wish you well. I'm really just done with all the division in the world :thumbup:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
User avatar
ealing_ayatollah
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:23 pm

If Remembrance Day was celebrated every match, it would seem as if someone had an agenda. Not needed or wanted.
rumpo kid
 
Posts: 2820
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Re: Still doing the BLM fist

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:51 pm

Several QPR players didnt take the knee tonight
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 23846
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Previous


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: City1983, Google [Bot], Igovernor, jimmy_rat, Majestic-12 [Bot], mugsy and 191 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.