Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Taking the knee, sky,and Premier league

Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:12 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
mm3260 wrote:I cannot tell you how being white feels because i'm not white. You can't tell me the consequences of being a black person if you are white because you don't know.

This line of thinking just saddens me so much, because it only leads to one place and that is a dark place from our past that we have long ago moved on from, yet we are embracing a divisive and poisonous ideology that is taking us back there.

We've already seen segregation returning in the States in the guise of woke safe spaces.

Harvard holding a Black only graduation ceremony https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 30686.html

White students being asked to leave black only spaces https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51506733

and it was only a matter of time before white only spaces occurred in response https://www.foxnews.com/us/university-u ... hite-awake

and in Califonia the motion to repeal race segregation laws in place was put forward https://www.manhattan-institute.org/cal ... s-prop-209

All in the name of equality. All in line with the premise that I as a white man cannot understand you as a black man, and you as a black man cannot understand me as a white man. The road to hell truly is paved with good intentions.

To paraphrase Morgan Freeman, I’m going to stop calling you a black man. And I’m going to ask you to stop calling me a white man. I'll know you as a man, you know me as a man, with shared experiences of being human.

Watch the following video, where 1,000 people who had never met before took part at a special event at the Tower of David in Jerusalem, to sing one song, in three languages and in three-part vocal harmony, which took them less than an hour to learn.

Then tell me that the human race is better divided, focused on our differences instead of coming together and focusing on the much bigger commonalities we all share as part of this fragile, yet strangely wonderful, inventive and beautiful thing we call the human race.

I'm so tired of all the division. It's not what we're supposed to be. :ayatollah:

As i mentioned, "slated by the usual suspects". You were 1.01 to pick me apart so pray tell me what possible thought process leads you to this ,"Dark Place"? I stated a fact and not an opinion. I stated a biological fact and not an opinion. I stated an irrefutable fact and not an opinion. "you cannot see the world through the eyes of a black person anymore than you can see the world through the eyes of a woman" Dark place? do me a favour and stop attempting pulling apart posts from contributors that you obviously deem to be a threat to your perceived self importance. Your previous posts tell me enough about your thought processes.

Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:07 pm

mm3260 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
mm3260 wrote:I cannot tell you how being white feels because i'm not white. You can't tell me the consequences of being a black person if you are white because you don't know.

This line of thinking just saddens me so much, because it only leads to one place and that is a dark place from our past that we have long ago moved on from, yet we are embracing a divisive and poisonous ideology that is taking us back there.

We've already seen segregation returning in the States in the guise of woke safe spaces.

Harvard holding a Black only graduation ceremony https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 30686.html

White students being asked to leave black only spaces https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51506733

and it was only a matter of time before white only spaces occurred in response https://www.foxnews.com/us/university-u ... hite-awake

and in Califonia the motion to repeal race segregation laws in place was put forward https://www.manhattan-institute.org/cal ... s-prop-209

All in the name of equality. All in line with the premise that I as a white man cannot understand you as a black man, and you as a black man cannot understand me as a white man. The road to hell truly is paved with good intentions.

To paraphrase Morgan Freeman, I’m going to stop calling you a black man. And I’m going to ask you to stop calling me a white man. I'll know you as a man, you know me as a man, with shared experiences of being human.

Watch the following video, where 1,000 people who had never met before took part at a special event at the Tower of David in Jerusalem, to sing one song, in three languages and in three-part vocal harmony, which took them less than an hour to learn.

Then tell me that the human race is better divided, focused on our differences instead of coming together and focusing on the much bigger commonalities we all share as part of this fragile, yet strangely wonderful, inventive and beautiful thing we call the human race.

I'm so tired of all the division. It's not what we're supposed to be. :ayatollah:

As i mentioned, "slated by the usual suspects". You were 1.01 to pick me apart so pray tell me what possible thought process leads you to this ,"Dark Place"? I stated a fact and not an opinion. I stated a biological fact and not an opinion. I stated an irrefutable fact and not an opinion. "you cannot see the world through the eyes of a black person anymore than you can see the world through the eyes of a woman" Dark place? do me a favour and stop attempting pulling apart posts from contributors that you obviously deem to be a threat to your perceived self importance. Your previous posts tell me enough about your thought processes.

The dark place is a return to a world of segregation. I was quite clear about that in the previous post in fairness.

You choose to see the world through a very limited lens. You choose to reduce your existence to limited concepts like gender or ethnicity. I don't. I see far more to each of us than how much melatonin we have in our skin or what is between our legs.

I see a person's thoughts, deeds and actions, what lies in their heart as more important than any surface-level bullshit like race or gender.

There is no threat to my self-importance. I am a good father blessed to spend time with my children every single day. That is the only validation I will ever need.

However, I freely admit that it deeply saddens me that so many can't get passed these superficial aspects of who and what we are.

It used to make me angry, I couldn't understand how so many could get so easily lost amongst all the divisive crap that comes with intersectional woke insanity. I've largely given up fighting against it now though because so many of you are lost with no way back. Now, I just find it saddening.

You do you and all power to you in doing that. Live your life in your limited, neatly defined bracket. I've long gone past the anger at seeing so many people lose their way, drowning in all the division.

Honestly, I can't fight it anymore, there are just too many of you hell-bent on seeing the world through your simplistic prisms and living within the confines of your broken beliefs desperate to tear down the walls so everyone has nothing, but at least it's an equal share of nothing.

Its an ideology of the weak. It is a way of life that focuses on all of the bad and none of the good of humanity. It cultivates jealous anger and squashes the spark of individuality that makes us all so special. It's poison for the soul and yet you all still lap it up.

I simply cannot understand it, but still, it's your choice to follow that path if you so wish.

It just saddens me that so many will live their lives focused on division when there is so, so much more that defines us. So much more that unites us. So much more beauty in the world than you'll ever get to understand if all you see and all you are is defined by one immutable characteristic.

You could be, and indeed probably are, so much more. It's up to you whether you choose to acknowledge that or not though.

I truly wish you actually understood my thought processes, because at the heart of everything I say, is a resistance to the divisiveness that has taken a grip on our society. Sadly though I fear you couldn't be further away if you tried.

Still, I wish you well though.

:thumbup:

Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:50 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
mm3260 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

The dark place is a return to a world of segregation. I was quite clear about that in the previous post in fairness.

You choose to see the world through a very limited lens. You choose to reduce your existence to limited concepts like gender or ethnicity. I don't. I see far more to each of us than how much melatonin we have in our skin or what is between our legs.

I see a person's thoughts, deeds and actions, what lies in their heart as more important than any surface-level bullshit like race or gender.

There is no threat to my self-importance. I am a good father blessed to spend time with my children every single day. That is the only validation I will ever need.

However, I freely admit that it deeply saddens me that so many can't get passed these superficial aspects of who and what we are.

It used to make me angry, I couldn't understand how so many could get so easily lost amongst all the divisive crap that comes with intersectional woke insanity. I've largely given up fighting against it now though because so many of you are lost with no way back. Now, I just find it saddening.

You do you and all power to you in doing that. Live your life in your limited, neatly defined bracket. I've long gone past the anger at seeing so many people lose their way, drowning in all the division.

Honestly, I can't fight it anymore, there are just too many of you hell-bent on seeing the world through your simplistic prisms and living within the confines of your broken beliefs desperate to tear down the walls so everyone has nothing, but at least it's an equal share of nothing.

Its an ideology of the weak. It is a way of life that focuses on all of the bad and none of the good of humanity. It cultivates jealous anger and squashes the spark of individuality that makes us all so special. It's poison for the soul and yet you all still lap it up.

I simply cannot understand it, but still, it's your choice to follow that path if you so wish.

It just saddens me that so many will live their lives focused on division when there is so, so much more that defines us. So much more that unites us. So much more beauty in the world than you'll ever get to understand if all you see and all you are is defined by one immutable characteristic.

You could be, and indeed probably are, so much more. It's up to you whether you choose to acknowledge that or not though.

I truly wish you actually understood my thought processes, because at the heart of everything I say, is a resistance to the divisiveness that has taken a grip on our society. Sadly though I fear you couldn't be further away if you tried.

Still, I wish you well though.

:thumbup:

Few things are more divisive than CRT and Identity Politics. Hard to believe but these clowns are pushing segregation on racial grounds. Like most people I thought we’d moved on from that.

Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:09 pm

Jock wrote:Few things are more divisive than CRT and Identity Politics. Hard to believe but these clowns are pushing segregation on racial grounds. Like most people I thought we’d moved on from that.

Problem is Jock, in the main, 99% of the people pushing this truly think they are doing the right thing.

They honestly have no idea what they're suggesting.

The universities have done their job well over the last 30 years. They've killed critical thought and replaced it with dogma and we never saw it coming until it was possibly too late.
Last edited by ealing_ayatollah on Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:09 pm

Jock wrote:Few things are more divisive than CRT and Identity Politics. Hard to believe but these clowns are pushing segregation on racial grounds. Like most people I thought we’d moved on from that.

Problem is Jock, in the main, 99% of the people pushing this truly think they are doing the right thing.

They honestly have no idea what they're suggesting.

The universities have done their job well over the last 30 years. They've killed critical thought and replaced it with dogma and we never saw it coming until it was possibly too late.

Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:38 pm

Very well put as always EA.

I feel for any person that lives with the thought, or reality, that they are somehow segregated from society. Whether it be through skin colour, religious beliefs, gender....or anything else.

I believe that taking the knee is divisive. It gives white and black bigots the excuse to argue, not that they needed one anyway given their ridiculous ideology. I don't want any media, political party or person to ram down my throat what they think I should do or believe.

I am very happy in myself that I treat all people with the compassion and respect that they deserve.

Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:30 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
I am very happy in myself that I treat all people with the compassion and respect that they deserve.

It really, truly is as simple as this mate. :thumbup:

Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:58 pm

Some of you will understand this.

The others will think its bigoted crap.

Most who fall into the second category probably won't have the patience to watch it though.

Its a good reflection of the society we've fallen into though.

Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:54 pm

mm3260 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

waw...