Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

monty eye witness account

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:06 am

i was standing by where the flares went of(i got some photos being put on)later.the lad who got hurt was about 10 foot away .in my view ive seen alot worse.welsh fans were spread over a street of about 5 pubs along a 300 hundred stretch just around the corner from the ground.sevral groups of home fans were allowed to walk up and down the road chanting,this was banter,as time went on the groups seemed to get bigger and older.the last group did not go through any police line at this point there was not any,the last group were at the corner/end of the street by the ground.they were allowed to light there flares.at this point tension went up then they threw a fire cracker in which went off right by simon,wayne and chivers(our spotters).the bottle was thrown into crowd,hit the bloke and other objects were thrown in.there boys were then pushed back ,behind a police line and we made our way to the ground aprrox 200 yards across the street .at this point all fans were searched,and objects like lighters,brushes (womans) and little silly stuff taken away.once in the ground i was impressed at the fan support the singing ,chanting from the fans behind both sets of fans it was great funny as f**k when they went f**k you bellamy,bellamy,bellamy,f**k you.i did not see the spear thrown as in lower tier,and it went into top,i was told it was a saw blade stuck to a pole,(how did the get it into ground,when our woman supporters could not even take a brush in),we were held in for about 20 mins after game some singing etc we want toshack out we want ken dodd in (ali from bridgend) made our way to buses just outside entrance,no trouble for us leaving the area.
this is only my account,plenty of photos will be put on my facebook group(dibs tours) hope it gives you a little clearer account of what happened.

Re: monty eye witness account

Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:44 am

cheers mate

Re: monty eye witness account

Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:40 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: